• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Look at her face, there is evil, still, in her heart!

karla.jpg
Karla-tucker-lg.jpg

This is Karla Faye Tucker, in 1984, mugshot and then in 1997, having converted to Christianity in 1985!
You see, the difference in appearance on their faces, when someone confesses and actually turns their heart towards God and when evil is still lurks there! We call it 'The Moses Shine' and Ana Cardona does not have it!
Glad to know another 'Smart' jury saw through her!!

I do, often, wonder, what became of her other two children, adults now and how they have fared.....

Now THATS a blast from the past! I remember being into that case years ago. I had literally forgotten all about it but seeing her face brought it all back.

Diaz recounted each injury inflicted on the boy over months: knocked-out teeth, fractured and misshapen bones, bruise after bruise, sores from being restrained, torn mouth tissue, a sunken and aching belly from lack of food. He recounted the filthy, unchanged diaper wrapped in duct tape causing a genital infection that made urinating painful for little Lazaro.

"It was almost a cast of excrement," Diaz reminded her, adding: "Every part of his body was in excruciating pain for days, weeks and months until his death."
That's it. I can hardly stand to read this anymore.
For all the unrelenting torture she inflicted on baby Lazaro, this... a 'cast of excrement'...ffs. can't even describe the hurt in reading that. That's what SHE deserves to wear every fucking day as she awaits death. oh, how I would love to see that!
Can it be made so she is served shit for dinner every day? please, please!
Eat shit and die you most vile, disgusting piece of mierda.
images

I know this is an old dead thread... but randomly looking up articles about people I was in prison with, I came across this.
I was in with Olivia. She actually worked the same area I did. She was minimum custody. Someone was supporting her really well, because she always had money on her books to buy anything she wanted. Always had smokes and junk food, soda and ice cream.
She actually questioned my morals and called me an awful human being once. I was in prison for checks! Yeah, I am the first to admit, I did something bad. I did my time for that, willingly, and with not a complaint, because I deserved the time I did. I also learned my lesson.
But to have my morality and my decency questioned by a MONSTER who would participate in something so heinous against an innocent toddler! Let me say, that was the only time I ever looked at another person and not see a human being somewhere, not even deep down. And only the second time (the first being my own abuser) that I have felt actual hatred toward somebody. You can bet I had a lot to say about her morals and humanity!

Angels had to be weeping as they came to collect this battered, beaten, starved and mentally abused little one and tenderly carried him to a place of eternal love. I have long been aware that there are monsters living amongst us but when they wear the mask of mother it is so repellant that it makes the mind cringe and the heart contract to think them capable of such heinous evil. No doubt that this soulless creature has had more than a few dances with the devil in the pale moonlight. The precious little face of Lazaro will haunt me. <3<3<3<3<3<3

This details the horrific injuries that were inflicted upon this poor little guy. It made me literally sick to my stomach so consider yourself warned.

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/flsupct/79787/op-79787.pdf

Ana Cardona:

21al074.jpg
You systematically beat and starved your child for months so much that your lover joined in the fun. You Ana Cardona deserve to die. Now take your punishment you evil bitch. You deserve to die and your death will be much more humane that what your son had to endure.

She'll sit on death row, filing appeals and motionsfor about 20 years. Then her sentence will be commuted to lwop. Skip the frills and give her natural life...preferably in a Max Security prison. Lockdown 23 hours a day. Child/babykillers do not have an easy time in prison. Especially by the women who have killed to protect their children.

A Florida mother condemned to die for the beating death of her young son known as "Baby Lollipops" deserves a new trial because of inflammatory and improper statements made by prosecutors during closing arguments, the state Supreme Court ruled Thursday.

The justices tossed out the 2011 murder conviction and death sentence for Ana Maria Cardona, 54, marking the second time the court has reversed her case. Cardona's original 1992 conviction and death sentence was overturned because prosecutors failed to disclose key evidence to the defense.

This time, the court found that Miami-Dade prosecutors crossed the line in closing arguments during the second trial, repeatedly attempting to stir up juror emotions and sympathy for the 3-year-old victim, Lazaro Figueroa.

This time, the court found that Miami-Dade prosecutors crossed the line in closing arguments during the second trial, repeatedly attempting to stir up juror emotions and sympathy for the 3-year-old victim, Lazaro Figueroa.

Oh really, like fucking defense attorneys don't do the same thing? Heck, those fuckers just outright make shit up to protect their clients. Fuck these assholes who keep wanting to spare the lives of heinous murderers like this cunt. She deserves the worst death imaginable.

Ana Maria Cardona, the Miami mother twice sentenced to execution for the torture and beating death of her toddler son known as “Baby Lollipops,” is getting another trial.

The state’s high court on Thursday again reversed her conviction and death sentence for the murder of 3-year-old Lazaro Figueroa, a crime that horrified South Florida in the early 1990s.

The Florida Supreme Court agreed that there was enough evidence to convict Cardona and sentence her to death. But the high court nevertheless ruled that a prosecutor’s closing arguments in 2010 — including repeated calls for “justice for Lazaro” — were so over-the-top that Cardona deserved a new trial.

“As we have stated for decades, we expect and require prosecutors, as representatives of the state, to refrain from engaging in inflammatory and abusive arguments, to maintain their objectivity, and to behave in a professional manner,” the court ruled in a 6-1 decision.

Cardona, 54, will now be moved from a prison in Ocala to a Miami-Dade jail to await her third trial.
[…]
The Florida Supreme Court overturned the conviction in 2002 because prosecutors failed to disclose some of Gonzalez’s statements about the crime. Gonzalez, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for her role in the case and served nearly half of a 40-year prison sentence, was freed in 2008.

At the second trial in 2010, prosecutors relied on witnesses who described Cardona’s erratic lifestyle and abusive behavior toward Lazaro, plus excruciating medical examiner testimony and photos that showed months of physical abuse — a mangled arm, skull fractures, a cheek burn. Also key: Cardona’s statement to police, in which she admitted to dumping the boy’s body in Miami Beach after, she said, he fell and hit his head on a bed.

Defense lawyers argued that Cardona was coerced into the confession — and raised the possibility that a babysitter might have been to blame.

In Thursday’s opinion, the Florida Supreme Court wrote that prosecutors “presented sufficient evidence” to support the guilty verdict and the death sentence.

But at closing arguments, the prosecutor repeatedly asked jurors to deliver “justice for Lazaro.” The judge, Reemberto Diaz, repeatedly overruled defense objections.

“These arguments improperly inflamed the minds and passions of the jurors,” the high court wrote.

The high court also ripped a prosecutor for calling the defense’s strategy “diversionary tactics” and saying Cardona herself was a “drama expert.”

“The prosecutor compared her to a character on a telenovela, which was a racially charged comment that served no purpose other than to ridicule Cardona,” the court ruled.

That prosecutor who asked for “justice for Lazaro” during closing arguments, Kathleen Pautler, is no longer with the State Attorney’s Office and now practices in New York. She could not be reached for comment.

The case was also tried by senior prosecutor Susan Dannelly, who retired from the office, and now is an assistant state attorney in St. Augustine. She declined to comment.

Just fry the bitch already, please! She's been living the good life of 3 hots and a cot while her baby suffered in agony every fucked up day that he lived with her. Sometimes I really hate these ridiculous courts here in Floriduh. We're the ones paying for her "lavish lifestyle" now. We should have a say in this too, dammit!

untreated meningitis,

That would kill him right there...meningitis is deadly, and its fast too. Not giving this bitch a pass, she's the devil obviously, but once you throw meningitis in there...cause of death, might be hard to determine. She should fry for hurting this child like that all. Lowlife.

Last edited:
I have to wonder, about Lazaros siblings, Juan Pente, his brother, was 10 years old at the time and their sister, Taimy Cardona was 5 years old. I wonder where they are and how they have survived. What their characters are and how this affected them.....
I tried looking up the folks that took care of Lazaro, until they had to give him back to his killer, Susan Hernandez was the one that identified him initially, after she saw his morgue photo,the newspapers called her the "babysitter" and as far as I have read, she was at all the court proceedings. Carlos Lima, who helped Susan care for Baby Lazaro, was interviewed by the Gainesville Sun, but that's all I have found about him. I imagine that they had pictures of Lazaro, I believe they loved him and wanted to keep him. There are way too many Susan Hernandez' and I found a couple of Carlos Limas, one is a famous tattoo artist, but I believe he is too young to be this fella. I'll keep searching....

Juan Pente is currently serving a prison sentance till 2021 and I found the daughter Taimy on facebook....

https://www.facebook.com/taimi.cardona

That would kill him right there...meningitis is deadly, and its fast too. Not giving this bitch a pass, she's the devil obviously, but once you throw meningitis in there...cause of death, might be hard to determine. She should fry for hurting this child like that all. Lowlife.

Yeah, except that the meningitis in this case was caused from the multiple, untreated, open head wounds that she inflicted over a period of time with a baseball bat. If someone had rescued this child in the months before he died, he would already have been forced to live his life out with a useless arm, a crippled leg, and severe brain damage from the beatings that apparently gave her some kind of pleasure. She intentionally broke him beyond repair in the most painful ways that she could dream up, and then she left him to die from her handiwork.

meningitis

Whatever happened to this kid is tragic, my point was that meningitis kills and Meningitis is fast. My number one son picked it up from a pet store when he was eight weeks old, By morning he was on his way to dead. I called my mother, because he was crying but it was strange...Babies cry she said...hung up on me. I took him to the hospital anyway, he was both baptised and had his last rights read...on the same day. He never fully recovered from it, he's not slow or anything...worse...he'll never father children of his own, because sterile now.

Whatever happened to this kid is tragic, my point was that meningitis kills and Meningitis is fast. My number one son picked it up from a pet store when he was eight weeks old, By morning he was on his way to dead. I called my mother, because he was crying but it was strange...Babies cry she said...hung up on me. I took him to the hospital anyway, he was both baptised and had his last rights read...on the same day. He never fully recovered from it, he's not slow or anything...worse...he'll never father children of his own, because sterile now.

Right, I got you. My point was just that even if the meningitis killed him, the meningitis was her fault.

She may end up with LWOP instead of death, but I have read the answers to her appeals, and I can't see any court letting her walk.

I'm glad your son came through that ordeal. I wish he'd come away with no lasting effects at all, but considering the danger he was in, he was "lucky."

But at closing arguments, the prosecutor repeatedly asked jurors to deliver “justice for Lazaro.” The judge, Reemberto Diaz, repeatedly overruled defense objections.
“These arguments improperly inflamed the minds and passions of the jurors,” the high court wrote.

Sarcasm alert-Can you believe that the prosecutor could say something SO INFLAMMATORY? Calling for justice for a murdered 3 year old child? That is just reprehensible and beyond what any ordinary citizen might say. Absolutely a reason for a retrial of a twice-convicted baby killer.

Ana Cardona hated Lazaro. She called him a mal nacido or bad birth. She wanted him dead and shunned him for the first year of his life, never bonding with the infant. An associate of Cardona stated that Lazaro looked just like his father, the murdered Fidel Figueroa. Lazaro was born just a month after his father's death, the event that signaled the end of the lavish baller life-style Cardona had become accustomed to. She took out all her frustrations of the death of her man and end of her high life on an innocent child.
Like another poster said, if she really "became a Christian and found God on death row," she should meekly and remorsefully serve out her sentence and await her judgement by her new-found savior after her appointment with the needle.
This child would probably have fared better if left in the company of a pack of wolves.

I too have followed this story since it was first reported so many years ago. I was a teenager but I remember the story well because I also live in Miami and it was a big story. I just realized that she had 4 kids, but I guess only Juan, Taimi, and Lazaro lived with her. Does anyone know anything about her other child? Is it a boy or girl? Did that child live with the father? Did she have any contact with that child during that time? I tried looking up Juan but he's not in the Florida Department of Corrections site. I wonder why if he was supposed to be incarcerated until 2021??? I'd love to know how her other children have fared in their lives... Does anybody know of any recent activity of her ex-girlfriend?

That's a depressing turn.

One of the only good things about Florida used to be its free and easy usage of the death penalty. It was so beautiful how they used it. Sickening to see them pussy out like this. Law makers need to figure out something quick to get it back on the table in that state. Theres too many floridians who deserve to die for that state not to have it.

he's not slow or anything...worse...he'll never father children of his own, because sterile now.

What the fuck? You'd rather someone be mentally handicapped and able to produce offspring rather then intelligent/able minded and lacking in sperm-count!????

For the third time, a jury heard about Baby Lollipops’ short and tragic life — and the details remain just as ghastly now as they were in 1990, when his body was discovered in the bushes of a Miami Beach home.

The skeletal, malnourished 3-year-old weighed just 18 pounds. His soiled diaper was duct-taped onto his filthy body. His cheek bore a burn mark, likely from a cigarette.

Two teeth were knocked out, taking out a portion of his jaw. Blow after blow, inflicted month after month, eventually left his tiny body battered. He was unable to walk, his skull was fractured, his brain stem severed.

“His left arm was so badly injured that the muscle from the elbow to the shoulder had fused into the bone making it impossible for this young child to extend his arm,” Miami-Dade prosecutor Christine Hernandez told jurors on Monday.

Lazaro Figueroa died an unimaginably horrible death. And to blame, prosecutors allege, was his own mother, Ana Maria Cardona, who beat and abused her youngest child over months.

“This young baby was the subject of her hatred, this baby was the target of her rage,” Hernandez told jurors.

The start of the trial Monday marks the third time Cardona has faced a jury for the November 1990 murder of little Lazaro, whose corpse was discovered dumped outside a home in Miami Beach.

As detectives hunted for his killer and identity in a case that captivated South Florida, they dubbed him “Baby Lollipops” for the design on his shirt. Homicide detectives soon arrested Cardona, a cocaine addict who had lived in a Miami efficiency with her two other children and lover, Olivia Gonzalez.

Cardona’s defense team on Monday shifted the blame.

“We’re going to bring you testimony that while Olivia Gonzalez was serving time in prison, she bragged that she was the one who hit the child over the head with a baseball bat and killed him,” Miami-Dade Assistant Public Defender Manuel Alvarez said.

Jurors will not hear that twice before, Cardona was sent to Death Row after convictions for first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

Efforts by the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office to convict Cardona have been snake-bitten since the beginning.

Gonzalez was the key witness at the 1992 trial, testifying that her lover bound and tortured the boy for months before using the bat to fatally beat the boy. Gonzalez, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for her role in the case and served nearly half of a 40-year prison sentence, was freed in 2008.

Cardona was sentenced to death, becoming the first woman in Florida to be sent to Death Row for the murder of her own child. The Florida Supreme Court, however, overturned the conviction a decade later because prosecutors failed to disclose to the defense certain statements made by Gonzalez.

Gonzalez was not called to testify at the 2010 retrial.

Instead, prosecutors relied on witnesses who described Cardona's erratic lifestyle and abusive behavior toward Lazaro, plus excruciating medical examiner testimony and photos that showed months of physical abuse. Also key: Cardona’s statement to police, in which she admitted to dumping the boy's body in Miami Beach after, she said, he fell and hit his head on a bed.

At that second trial, defense lawyers argued that Cardona was coerced into the confession — and shifted the blame to a mentally disabled teenage babysitter who confessed, then recanted, to the killing. A jury again convicted Cardona.

A judge sent her to Death Row after jurors recommended, by a vote of 7-5, that she should be executed for her crime.

Cardona’s second conviction sentence was overturned in January 2016 after justices ruled that while there was plenty of evidence to convict Cardona, a prosecutor went overboard during her closing argument by repeatedly calling for “justice for Lazaro” — arguments that “improperly inflamed the minds and passions of the jurors.”

In the third trial, the State Attorney’s Office won’t be seeking the death penalty, and is presenting a similar, circumstantial case to the last proceedings.

Gonzalez likely won’t testify in the third trial. Lawyers agreed that she is “unavailable” to testify — and either way, she’s a risky witness for both sides.

But questions about her role in Lazaro’s death will loom large. Defense lawyer Alvarez, while acknowledging Cardona was a “terrible mother,” pinned the blame solely on Gonzalez.

He said Gonzalez was a “very dominant woman” who cowed Cardona while herself abusing the little boy, especially in those last couple months of his life. “There will not be any single witness in this case that will come in here and get up on the stand and say that Ana Cardona inflicted any of these serious injuries,” Alvarez said.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article187949979.html
001%20BABY%20LOLLIPOS%20OPENINGS

Back