• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
NORTHAMPTON — A Northampton man accused of putting Liquid Plumr into a tube inserted in his 7-year-old daughter is in custody while awaiting a Northampton District Court judge's decision on appointing a lawyer for him.

Christopher Conley, 32, of 73 Barrett St., pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, assault and battery on a child with substantial injury and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon causing serious bodily injury at his arraignment on Thursday.

According to police, Conley admitted pouring the corrosive into his daughter's cecostomy tube on April 15 after she complained about stomach pains. He had previously dipped the end of the tube in fecal matter, he said. She cried when the Liquid Plumber was put in her. Conley than gave her Oxycontin and Vicodin in a higher-than-prescribed dose, he told police.....

Two days after she was administered the Liquid Plumber, doctors at the hospital performed surgery on the girl for seven hours, removing two-thirds of her small bowel. She then underwent a second surgery in which part of her bladder was removed. Doctors who treated the child had concerns that someone had put a corrosive fluid in her, according to police.

.....Conley is being held without the right to bail. The case is due back in court on June 23 for a pretrial conference.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index....aughter_held_without_bail.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Omg this poor little girl! Obviously she already has medical issues-- now this monster decides to torture her by dissolving her insides!?!

He better not try to claim he was humanely trying to put her out of her misery because she complained of stomach pain! Obviously he wanted to create more agony for this little girl!

It's a miracle she's survived! <3
Hopefully he won't much longer!:punch::punch:

Somebody needs to put DrainO up his ass with a funnel and hose. And keep him hanging up side down with a branch off a tree teetering off a cliff 100 miles high.
Oh, and give him some aspirin for the pain. 2mg should be fine. He can wash it down with a nice tall glass of sulfuric acid and shut the fuck up.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

What is wrong with this bastard?!?! I am very curious to know what her original medical condition was caused by and if he had any role to play in it. I'm acutely aware of the horrific nature of serious stomach/intestinal damage so this story is breaking my heart. Please allow me to explain and bear with me if it runs long describing what happened.

I was once in the hospital for 10 days after an illness that had me vomiting every 5 minutes or less (literally) for 3 days, non-stop. By the 3rd day I was close to death. I hadn't been able to absorb any liquids during that time and was dying of dehydration and exhaustion. I was so weak I was utterly helpless; I couldn't lift my arms, stand, walk, or anything else. Needless to say I was rushed to the ER in the nick of time.

It took 14 initial IV bags to even begin to rehydrate me and shots of potassium to prevent me from having a heart attack. Due to the violence of the illness, I now have a hiatal hernia (basically speaking, your stomach is permanently pushed up into your esophagus), as well as tachycardia (my heart beats twice as fast as the normal range even at rest) and recurrent severe stomach acid that causes ulcers. I have to be on acid blocking meds just to prevent esophageal cancer due to the constant erosion.

Immediately following the illness I had such terrible ulcers - including in my stomach, intestines, and worst by far in my esophagus - that it was impossible to eat or drink ANYTHING. Even water caused so much pain I would literally sob uncontrollably and had to be administered heavy pain medicine 24/7. (Keep in mind, I've been thru some very painful things before, including a 5-hour surgery to remove and reconstruct my elbow after shattering it completely and a nasty kidney infection that turned into sepsis once, but I can tell you none of those held a candle to this.)

After I stabilized I still couldn't eat or drink, thus the 10-day hospital stay to keep me monitored and on an IV. But even after all that, it still took 3 months before I could begin to ingest solid food again. As I'm sure is obvious, I still suffer with the after effects on a daily basis and my health has never quite been the same.

I realize that's a long story, but my point in telling it is this... even with everything I just described, I guarantee it is still no where remotely close to the excruciating suffering this man caused his daughter!!!! My heart is absolutely breaking for this girl!!!! I can't fathom what she's been thru and all the problems it will continue to cause her throughout her life. He needs to be kept away from her for LIFE!

I agree with all of you. I am so sorry @amac to hear of your medical issues. Thx for sharing. I've lived for 29 yrs with chronic widespread pain. So I understand some of what you have been through. What this man did to his little girl is pure evil. He doesn't deserve to live. He has nothing to offer society.

I agree with all of you. I am so sorry @amac to hear of your medical issues. Thx for sharing. I've lived for 29 yrs with chronic widespread pain. So I understand some of what you have been through. What this man did to his little girl is pure evil. He doesn't deserve to live. He has nothing to offer society.

Thank you. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with pain too. :( I couldn't agree more... someone this sadistic has nothing to offer society. This wasn't hitting a child in a moment of blind frustrated rage, this was prolonged, methodical torture. I hope someday he'll actually grasp what he did to her. :bigtears:

Christopher Conley of Northampton charged with attempted murder...
NORTHAMPTON — A city man accused of trying to kill his 7-year-old daughter by poisoning her with Liquid-Plumr allegedly told police Wednesday that he wanted to end her pain because she has a serious illness.

Christopher W. Conley, 32, of 73 Barrett St., Apt. 5155, was ordered held without the right to bail after he pleaded not guilty Thursday in Northampton District Court to charges of attempted murder, assault and battery on a child with substantial injury, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon aggravated by serious injury.

The girl remains in serious condition, according to the Northwestern district attorney’s office.

According to court records, surgeons at Yale-New Haven Hospital in Connecticut performed a seven-hour surgery April 17 to remove two thirds of the girl’s small intestine, followed by another surgery to remove part of her bladder, as a result of the poison.

The surgeons told police there was “no good explanation” for the death of her bowel tissue, and said they suspected that someone injected a corrosive fluid into her cecostomy tube, court records state,

A cecostomy tube is a surgically implanted tube with an opening on the abdomen that allows the patient to flush the intestines.

Attempts to reach Conley’s wife, Julie Conley, and his attorney, Mark K. Bluver of Greenfield, were unsuccessful Thursday.

Northampton Police Detective Peter Fappiano III wrote in court documents that when a Massachusetts State Police detective and a detective from the New Haven Police Department interviewed Conley and his wife at the hospital May 6, they both denied any involvement with the condition leading to the girl’s emergency surgery. But in an interview Wednesday at the Northampton Police Department, Christopher Conley told detectives he tried to kill his daughter twice — once in 2009 and again on April 15, the police report states.

Court records do not provide details of the daughter’s illness.

According to the police report, Conley told detectives his daughter was in the intensive care unit at Tufts Medical Center in Boston during March 2009 because of her medical condition. At one point when he was alone in the room, Conley told police, he took out her central line and dipped it in fecal matter before reconnecting it to his daughter.

“When asked what Conley thought this would do, he responded, ‘It would end it for her,’ ” Fappiano wrote in his report.

Fappiano wrote that Conley then told police he was alone at home with his daughter on April 15 when he administered a mixture of Liquid-Plumr and saline into his daughter’s cecostomy tube. Seeing she was in pain, he gave her an injection of an overdose of a liquid painkiller she was prescribed, described as either oxycodone or Vicodin, and then rocked her to sleep, according to court records.

A few hours later, after his wife came home, his daughter was ill so they took her Yale-New Haven Hospital.

“When asked what his intent was,” Fappiano wrote, “Conley replied it was to put (his daughter) out of pain and to kill (her). When asked about the dose of painkiller, he responded in the same manner.”

The Northampton Police Department referred comment on the matter to the Northwestern district attorney’s office. First Assistant District Attorney Steven E. Gagne said in an email Thursday he could not comment because the matter was still under investigation.

Judge W. Michael Goggins wrote in court documents that he was ordering Conley held without right to bail because of the nature of the alleged crimes and the potential penalty he will face if convicted.

The case will likely be moved to Hampshire Superior Court because most of the charges are so serious that they are outside of a district court jurisdiction, according to court records.

The maximum sentence for attempted murder is 20 years in state prison; for assault and battery on a child with substantial injury, 15 years; and for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon aggravated by serious injury, 15 years.

Bluver asked in writing to be appointed Conley’s attorney, explaining that Conley has been coming to him for advice about the case since May 7. That’s when Conley started to worry that he was being investigated by police, because police had obtained a search warrant and searched the Conleys’ apartment, Bluver wrote.

Court records indicate that Conley, a native of Ohio, works at L3-KEO, formerly called Kollmorgen Electro-Optical.

Tried to murder her twice! Rocked her in his arms after putting draino in her?! :wtf: If his first attempt had worked, which I assume he thought would cause a deadly infection, that still would have been a slow and excruciating death. I'd say rather than wanting to put her out of her misery he just wanted to end his responsibility for her or get off on her pain (or maybe both). If he truly wanted to end her suffering he would have chosen a more humane method. Still not remotely ok or sane, but he could have given her a pain killer overdose to begin with for instance. Instead twice he chose a torturous method. This guy is so sick! :rage:

I know a girl who drank drano when I was a kid and her mouth is like severely scarred to this day so I can imagine what it would do to your insides jesus fucking christ, if I was the mother he would be fucking DEAD.

“When asked what his intent was,” Fappiano wrote, “Conley replied it was to put (his daughter) out of pain and to kill (her).
Bullshit.

That's what that is, complete bullshit. He wanted to end her suffering by dosing her with a highly corrosive and toxic chemical? Bullshit. He's just a sick fuck who got off watching his child suffer.

Posted: 09/03/15

Father denies using drain cleaner to try and kill daughter
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man charged with trying to kill his sick 7-year-old daughter by poisoning her with drain cleaner has been held on $100,000 bail.

Christopher Conley pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Hampshire Superior Court to charges including attempted murder and assault and battery on a child.

Authorities allege Conley poured Liquid-Plumr into a tube in the child's belly that connects to the intestine because he wanted to end the chronically ill girl's pain. She underwent a seven-hour surgery in April to remove two-thirds of her small intestine and part of her bladder.

Prosecutors say the 32-year-old Conley may have been abusing his daughter for years because her medical issues improved when she was in foster care.

Conley's lawyer says his client "did not hurt his daughter" and statements he gave police were made under extreme stress. The girl remains hospitalized.

I think a liquid-plumr enema would work wonders for him. When body fluids start seeping out of his ears, nose, and eyes, the treatment will be complete. Then dump him in a hole to further dissolve. Check back in a month to cover the hole. Done. Punishment rendered.

Motherfucker.

That poor baby! What a piece of shit! I'd love to shove that liquid plumber down his throat.

Prosecutors say the 32-year-old Conley may have been abusing his daughter for years because her medical issues improved when she was in foster care.

Munchausen's by proxy no doubt. I wonder what makes these fuckers like this. I think this may be the first time I read of it being a dad though, instead of the mom. Of course, it could have been the mom and the dad just really did think his daughter was chronically ill.

If he wanted to put her out of her misery, just kill her with the oxycodone.
That's what I said! Why not something HUMANE if that's really his excuse! If you read my former post on this thread then you'll know that I want to break his face when I read this:
Authorities allege Conley poured Liquid-Plumr into a tube in the child's belly that connects to the intestine because he wanted to end the chronically ill girl's pain. She underwent a seven-hour surgery in April to remove two-thirds of her small intestine and part of her bladder.
FUCK! I feel physically sick at the thought of the pain. Heaven help this poor girl!
Same thought here @Mata Hari. That or just one seriously twisted fuck.

A jury has found a Northampton father guilty on all counts of trying to kill his sick 7-year-old daughter by poisoning her with drain cleaner.

Christopher Conley, 37, was found guilty of attempted murder, assault and battery on a child by means of a dangerous weapon (opiates) and assault and battery on a child causing substantial bodily injury Friday afternoon in Hampshire Superior Court.
Conley injected Liquid-Plumr into his daughter’s cecostomy tube then overdosed her on pain medication in April 2015. His daughter had to have a seven-hour surgery to remove over six feet of her intestines and subsequent surgery to remove one-third of her bladder.

The verdict was unanimous.

The child was removed from them for two years (2009-2011) for medical child abuse (Munchausen by proxy). While in foster care, her medical issues ceased. They eventually returned the girl to her parents and closed the case. Once DCF was no longer involved, the mysterious medical issues returned.

https://www.masslive.com/news/2016/07/why_was_the_conley_toddler_ret.html

After dad confessed, he recanted. The wife was also charged. The child wants contact (holiday cards via mail) from dad, but not from mom. Wonder if she is the actual perp and convinced him to take the fall?

Last edited:
A Northampton man found guilty of trying to murder his sick 7-year-old daughter in 2015 by injecting her with drain cleaner and overdosing her on painkillers was sentenced to 16 to 18 years in prison on Monday.

Christopher Conley, 37, was sentenced in Hampshire Superior Court after a jury found him guilty on Friday on three counts: attempted murder, assault and battery on a child by means of a dangerous weapon (opiates), and assault and battery on a child causing substantial bodily injury. The sentencing came after an almost three-week trial that heard testimony from medical professionals, members of law enforcement and Conley himself.

Conley’s ex-wife, Julie Conley, has pleaded not guilty to assault and battery charges related to her daughter and her trial begins March 9, according to the Northwestern district attorney’s office.

A woman from Northampton was found guilty of reckless endangerment of poisoning and medical child abuse of a 7-year-old child.

39-year-old Julie Gordon (formerly Julie Conley) of Northampton was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment of a child. Gordon, listed as the child’s caregiver, was sentenced to probation until September 2023 which includes no contact with the victim, no unsupervised contact with any child under the age of 16, and no employment involving unsupervised contact with children.

A 7-year-old girl underwent a seven-hour surgery in April 2015 to remove two-thirds of her small intestine and part of her bladder after she was admitted to Yale New Haven Hospital in Connecticut with abdominal injuries for the third time.
The child’s father, Christopher Conley, was accused in May 2015 of injecting Liquid-Plumr into his daughter’s cecostomy tube then overdosing her on pain medication in an attempt to kill her. Conley was found guilty in February 2020 of attempted murder, assault and battery on a child by means of a dangerous weapon (opioids) and assault and battery on a child causing substantial bodily injury. He was sentenced to 16-18 years in prison.

Department of Children and Families, Northampton Police and State Police opened an investigation that uncovered medical records that showed the child had suffered a lot of physical ailments. Julie Gordon, the child’s main caretaker, misrepresented the victim’s medical condition and consented to surgical procedures she knew carried the risk of scarring and impairment of bodily functions.

A Northampton man convicted two years ago of injecting his daughter with drain cleaner in an attempted poisoning has been denied a request for a new trial.

Christopher Conley was sentenced to 16 to 18 years in prison after a Hampshire Superior Court jury found him guilty of the 2015 attempted murder of his 7-year-old. Prosecutors said that Conley injected Liquid-Plumr drain cleaner into his daughter’s cecostomy tube — a type of catheter placed in the intestines — and then gave her an overdose of pain medication.
Arguing that lawyers Mark Bluver and John Godleski failed to effectively defend him, Conley appealed the conviction to Judge Richard Carey, who presided over the 2020 trial, the Northwestern District Attorney’s Office said.

In a ruling released Tuesday, Carey said that instances cited by Conley as examples of inadequate counsel were not “particularly impactful, ‘make or break’ moments in this intense, emotionally charged trial.”
Conley’s child survived the poisoning, but at great cost.

Two days after the injection, doctors performed surgery on the girl for seven hours, removing two-thirds of her small intestine. They removed a third of her bladder in a second surgery. She spent a total of nine months hospitalized, court records said.
The girl, now adopted by another family, continued to deal with the emotional and physical effects of the poisoning and medical procedures, authorities said.
After an 11-day trial and day of deliberation, the jury convicted Conley of attempted murder, assault and battery on a child by means of a dangerous weapon, and assault and battery on a child causing substantial bodily injury.

Back