• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
One elementary school had decided to do away with boys' and girls' bathrooms. There will now just be bathrooms.

Miraloma Elementary in San Francisco, California is busy doing away with its gender assigned bathrooms and making them gender neutral for their young students.

Principal Sam Bass said the change was in part due to eight students who do not fit into traditional gender norms - and range from tomboys to transgender.

The school began removing the circles, triangles and stick-figure signs from restrooms at the start of this school year, according to SF Gate.

The bathrooms in kindergarten and first-grade classrooms at Miraloma, as well as a centralized bathroom, are gender-neutral.

The school will phase in the other restrooms used by older children over the next few years, including outside bathrooms with multiple stalls.

'There’s no need to make them gender-specific anymore,' said the principal, adding that the parents of the students have been supportive.

He said one parent told him, 'So you're making it like it is at home.'

[...]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oys-girls-bathrooms-makes-gender-neutral.html

If all the bathrooms have one stall with a locking door. Then bravo.

If any bathrooms have a bank of toilets separated by partitions then boo hiss.

If all the bathrooms have one stall with a locking door. Then bravo.
Exactly.

Some children, even elementary school, have been exposed to too much and I hold onto concerns of children that have been exposed to too much in turn exposing other children to too much.

If the school paid as much attention to the three R's as they do to gender awareness, then the students would be better off.

Well. I also don't have children.
I'm kind of disagreeing with this, though. Not sure elementary kids need to be taught what a penis and vagina are. That should be up to the parents.

So they think taking the signs off the doors is going to make a school full of kids gender respectful? Including making the outside bathrooms with a bank of stalls gender neutral?

My gut says they will see a dramatic increase in peeping toms.

He said one parent told him, 'So you're making it like it is at home.'

I had no idea bathrooms in San Francisco homes have multiple toilets and even urinals. Wow you guys are rich!

Seriously, I don't see why an entire school of children should be forced to use multi-stall gender-neutral bathrooms because less than 1% want access to a bathroom that is exclusive to the opposite (genetic) gender. Parents of transgender children don't want their kids feeling singled out, but they need to respect the needs of other parents' children, too.

Last year, an Arizona elementary school with both traditional gender-based and unisex bathrooms let transgender children choose which bathrooms to use. It didn't go smoothly.

Tucson Unified School District officials held a meeting for parents Wednesday – closed to media cameras and recorders- in response to ongoing issues surrounding elementary school restroom use by children classified as transgender, KOLD Tucson News Now reports.

Anna Henry Elementary in Tucson has blocked off all urinals in boys restrooms for the time being, following multiple incidents of girls who identify as male reportedly squatting over the urinals to void, pulling down their underwear in front of boys, and causing privacy issues with boys who were upset by girls watching them urinate. Closing the urinals to all students of both sexes has been the district’s immediate solution until privacy partitions are installed between all the urinals so that the girls can continue to use them in expression of their personal identification with male reproductive biology.

Parental opinions vary:
“My son won’t even let me go in the bathroom with him, he won’t let a female teacher go in with him, this did not make him comfortable,” said Wright.

Parents of the transgender children said that boys who did not want to share urinals with girls should use “alternative bathrooms”. From KVOA: “One [transgender] parent said “If your child is not comfortable using the bathroom, ask them to use the alternative bathroom.”
Isn't that charming? o_O

https://gendertrender.wordpress.com...idents-involving-female-transgender-children/

Wow. South Park did an episode making fun of this sort of shit, and THEN the real life news story comes out. They preemptively satirized something, amazing.

Funny episode.

These parents and educators are fucking idiots and should find something more important to focus their time and attention on.

San Fransciso is a piece of shit place.

Who woulda thought this country would eventually become the National Enquirer?

I'm moving to Iceland.

Last edited:
One article I was reading the other day was the story of one young man, who is a boy, identifies as a boy, but like to dress like a girl, saying he is scared to use the boy's bathroom. I get transgender, I get identifiying as the opposite sex, but I don't get this one. the school had like 3-4 students who were wanting to ban boy/girl bathrooms so a whole school full of children will be forced to do this. Some I'm sure won't care, a few will be happy, but, by far, the majority will be unhappy and confused.

As for singling them out, their own actions are doing that regardless of the bathroom they are using.

*Also if I remember it correctly in this school they were also taking down the separate stalls, so all the toilets will be like going to the bathroom in your local army barracks, lined up and open for all the world to see.

I thought I'd go get a link since what I said in the above post sounds like i made it up, but I didn't!

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Bathrooms-at-Miraloma-Elementary-in-S-F-go-6481544.php

One first-grader was born a boy and identifies as a boy, but prefers to look like a girl, with long hair and traditionally female clothing, said his mom, Jae, who gave only her first name out of concern for her son’s safety.

“I think most people don’t think about how difficult it can be, going to the bathroom for someone like my son,” she said.

She said that when her son went to summer camp, he chose not to face potential challenges by peers in either the boys’ or girls’ bathroom, and instead went in his pants. Embarrassed, he isolated himself from other campers, she said.

“He was just struggling with it quietly,” Jae said. Now, “he can just use the restroom without thinking about it.”

Ya think the girls will be easier on him?

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder if elementary school kids really care who is the stall next to them as much as the parents want to think they do.

My opinion may or may not be unpopular but really if you did not ask your kids about so and so going to the same potty would they even think about it. My son just does his thing, washes his hands if your lucky, and goes back out to play. These are young kids. I really don't think they are putting the same thought into it as the adults are.

Back