• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I'm wondering how well the parents timeline of events is holding up with what investigators have found. There was a rather large discrepancy in the time the parents say they were at the store to pick up some items they needed and the time the store clerk said a child matching Deorr's description, crying his eyes out was there. Are they finding other discrepancies as well? Other than learning that the FBI are now on the case there has been precious little news. I suppose since the investigation is ongoing that it's understandable they are holding their cards close to their vests.

Still no trace. Makes me wonder if they are looking for traces in the wrong place. Has anyone searched the home?

http://www.examiner.com/article/mis...z-jr-wrongly-reported-found-by-cbs-tv-station

" Lemhi County Sheriff's Department debunked the report. They have been handling the Kunz case, along with missing child experts and the Salmon Police Department. A massive search of the Timber Creek camp and Stone Reservoir yielded no trace of Deorr. Divers, dogs, helicopters, 300 searchers and all the latest child finder technology has failed to find any evidence. he search was scaled back but investigation continues at the reservoir. Cadaver dogs picked up something there. But police believe they were cremains scattered that tainted the search. Police have ruled out abduction in the Kunz case."

If they were seen at the store, he can't be at the home. Maybe between the store and the camp site?

If they were seen at the store, he can't be at the home. Maybe between the store and the camp site?

I don't know. I haven't heard whether that sighting was confirmed to have actually been DeOrr. If it was, the witness said the toddler was filthy and crying hard. I wouldn't call it normal to take a crying child into a store without first calming him and wiping the dirt off of him. So if it was DeOrr, then the father isn't much of one.

Poor little boy.

I watched the video of the interview with the grandpas friend, boy he looks creepy, weird it took so long for them to get him to answer the door, strange he seemed so tired there were reporters there and there is a child missing and hes yawning? Like its not important and didnt want to talk. just seemed weird and something felt very off to me.

I haven't heard whether that sighting was confirmed to have actually been DeOrr

That was what I was wondering, had they confirmed it was DeOrr and not just some random child that was at the campsite that day? I suppose they haven't. It could have been anybody.

As for a filthy child at a campsite, they're gonna get filthy and sometimes it just isn't worth your time and energy to clean them up before bedtime, you'd would hope they'd clean them off, but sometimes they don't. I can understand a crying child at a store because I had one that threw a fit every time he went in a store because I wouldn't buy him every different kind of candy or toy he wanted. I guess I'd based my expert (being a parent of child who had temper tantrums) opinion on whether the child was in distress by how the kid was acting and whether or not I could determine if it was a temper fit or the kid was looking abused. There is difference but some folks can't tell. And some folks don't care.

That was what I was wondering, had they confirmed it was DeOrr and not just some random child that was at the campsite that day? I suppose they haven't. It could have been anybody.

As for a filthy child at a campsite, they're gonna get filthy and sometimes it just isn't worth your time and energy to clean them up before bedtime, you'd would hope they'd clean them off, but sometimes they don't. I can understand a crying child at a store because I had one that threw a fit every time he went in a store because I wouldn't buy him every different kind of candy or toy he wanted. I guess I'd based my expert (being a parent of child who had temper tantrums) opinion on whether the child was in distress by how the kid was acting and whether or not I could determine if it was a temper fit or the kid was looking abused. There is difference but some folks can't tell. And some folks don't care.

I think different areas have different "rules" for behavior. In my culture, putting a child to bed dirty or taking him into a store that way are big taboos. But so is letting a baby "cry it out" without picking it up, or putting it down to sleep in its own room away from watchful adults. So I can see that these "rules" are not universal.

The witness seemed to dwell on the fact that the child was filthy and that he was crying hard. The implication was that he was crying hard from the time he got out of the truck to the time he got back in. I think that was why the witness was afraid s/he had seen a recently abducted child.

But who really knows? The child may have had a little smudge and broke into tears from being tired, and in hindsight it seems more important to the witness.

But, again, I haven't read that this was believed to be DeOrr after all.

I watched the video of the interview with the grandpas friend, boy he looks creepy, weird it took so long for them to get him to answer the door, strange he seemed so tired there were reporters there and there is a child missing and hes yawning? Like its not important and didnt want to talk. just seemed weird and something felt very off to me.

I got the impression he is "touched". I think he was sleeping and the journalist woke him up though to be fair.

From what I read the ggpa was in bad health-which makes no sense why the parents would
1. Take him camping
2. Leave him in charge of their small child

At the risk of sounding like a huge bitch...are these parents idiots? I mean they dressed him in camo!

I got the impression he is "touched". I think he was sleeping and the journalist woke him up though to be fair.

From what I read the ggpa was in bad health-which makes no sense why the parents would
1. Take him camping
2. Leave him in charge of their small child

At the risk of sounding like a huge bitch...are these parents idiots? I mean they dressed him in camo!
You city people, don't seem to understand camo and the woods go together and it's not the camo outfit keeping him from being found, yes we do wear camo out in the sticks, pretty dam normal

Rebecca Cox, owner of the Silver Dollar Bar and Café, "There's been a lot of people up there, a lot, a lot of people." "I think he would have been found if he was, don't you?"

I have yet to see one sign of Deorr being at that campsite. Not one little imprint from his cowboy boots, article of clothing or anything else. As parents of a child that they say it is their belief was abducted, they certainly have remained calm and quiet. I'd have my face and voice out there begging for tips at every opportunity and making such a nuisance of myself with LE. Mind you, I would be a rather mad looking sight having pulled much of my hair out from worry and grief with bags under my eyes so heavy they would pass my chin.

Last edited:
You city people, don't seem to understand camo and the woods go together and it's not the camo outfit keeping him from being found, yes we do wear camo out in the sticks, pretty dam normal

Uhh I wouldn't say I'm a city person. I live in the suburbs. I thought the whole point of wearing camo was the blend in with your surroundings to do things like hunt. Why would you want your 2 year to blend in with his surrondings ?

The camo thing isn't that big of a deal I don't think. It's the inconsistencies in the parents stories that concern me.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944

Former family friend with LE experience and now private dick steps in. He has called Lehmi County Sheriffs Office with tips several times and they have never responded back to his calls. I guess he doesn't think Lehmi County and the FBI are up to it.
Also why in every picture we see of these parents do they look like they are hiding something? The private dick tells us that they have been so quiet because of what people on social media have been saying about them. I say fuck that. My child is out there missing, nobody is going to hush me up because of what some imply. Fuck them, I'm desperate to find my child and being quiet and out of the medias eye isn't something I'd want to be or could be if my baby just vanished.

11228027_504224833084826_4455649506712613025_n.jpg

And I could be dressed like an Easter Bunny and just hanging in a cabbage patch. Hey it's possible. The new private dick got a call as far away as the Caribbean and I disappeared from an isolated Idaho rustic campsite. I hope he phoned that tip in!!

Deorr Kunz Search Event August 29-31, Hosted by, Denae Birch Meikle and Kara Rowberry
Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir in Leadore, Idoho

11217657_10152949435196389_3801230404617989193_n.jpg

Anyone think they will have a pig roast? May as well as I believe between Search and Rescue, Lemhi County Sheriff's as well as neighboring LE and the FBI searching that campground and surrounding area, if something was going to be found, it would have been discovered. Six weeks later............ Wherever Baby Man is, they won't find him there. Funny how the parents seemed to know that from the beginning.

Last edited:
Anyone think they will have a pig roast? May as well as I believe between Search and Rescue, Lemhi County Sheriff's as well as neighboring LE and the FBI searching that campground and surrounding area, if something was going to be found, it would have been discovered. Six weeks later............ Wherever Baby Man is, they won't find him there. Funny how the parents seemed to know that from the beginning.

I cannot believe they haven't found him yet :(

I had to google this post to bring it up went thru all 10 pages of new post couldnt find it, guess they are just going to let it go just like lonzzie barton, i keep checking these cases for updates, none, what is going on? sorry if anyone is peaved I brought this old post up. which shouldnt be old.They should be doing more!!! IMO

@ reneelvsbrain~ I too keep checking for updates on both Deorr and Lonzie and there is precious little new news on the search and recovery efforts on either of them. Did find this on Lonzie Barton search, someone else who is not content to just let this little mans fate go, unknown.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...2/i-dont-feel-my-effort-was-in-vain/71606294/
thanks i just posted it on another post, they wont find him i think they dont care they should look until they cant anymore i think he was never there the parents did something!!! Imo

@reneelvsbrain~ Thanks!! It appeared to me that once the FBI came into the Deorr Kunz case that lips were buttoned up which may not have been a bad thing as every move being made by LE was followed by the media. Far better that LE keep the perpetrators of this crime off kilter not knowing what evidence they now have and who they are taking a hard look at and how their case against them is developing. With Deorr not leaving even one solitary boot print in those soft sands anywhere, I too like you and many others have strong doubts that Deorr ever made it to that campsite. I'm left with my Hinky Meter abuzz.

Haven't heard a word about DeOrr locally since I last posted :( Seems like everyone has forgotten or maybe LE knows more than they've let on but they don't want to hurt their case by making anything public.... I just hope they find his body so he can have a proper burial.

Latest posts

Back