• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
When I saw this I thought that sounds like something someone here where I live would do. Johnson County is only 2 counties over from me.

1975 was the beginning of my teen/young adult.
What's flakka?

Another "research chemical" masquerading as a grey market stimulant, essentially (although I believe - and hope - it's been criminalized at this juncture.) It may also be categorized as a bath salt to circumvent issues of legality, but mephedrone (of the zombie cannibal variety) truly reigns king there. Bad drugs, both, in addition to their analogues.

@Abroad , where I am, we have nothing. you want spray paint, carb cleaner, whatever, you get to buy it.

Age restrictions on alcohol, tobacco, lottery, guns and ammo, but not aerosols, glues, knives.

And in all honesty, I'm not putting my job in jeopardy to refuse an aerosol sale. My paycheck feeds and clothes my kids, it's on you to keep your life straight, not me.

If we had restrictions, I would certainly enforce then, I'm in a gun shop, I enforce restrictions all day but I can't use my own judgement to make up restrictions and put my job in jeopardy.
here in SC inhalables are restricted to 18 and over

here in SC inhalables are restricted to 18 and over
And she's clearly over 18.

Also factor in the burns on her face, what if we are wrong and they aren't from inhalants but rather a medical condition? Or if she was burned some other way?

What I have been saying is that where I ma sitting right now I would have no reason to refuse her a sale, other than some personal bias or judgments based on her physical appearance which would probably cost me my job, which I am not willing to risk. This in response to a criticism that the clerk that sold her the Duster should not have done so. When in reality it's the addict in this story who shouldn't be doing something, she shouldn't be using, and the clerk bears no responsibility in her fucked up life choices.

And she's clearly over 18.

Also factor in the burns on her face, what if we are wrong and they aren't from inhalants but rather a medical condition? Or if she was burned some other way?

What I have been saying is that where I ma sitting right now I would have no reason to refuse her a sale, other than some personal bias or judgments based on her physical appearance which would probably cost me my job, which I am not willing to risk. This in response to a criticism that the clerk that sold her the Duster should not have done so. When in reality it's the addict in this story who shouldn't be doing something, she shouldn't be using, and the clerk bears no responsibility in her fucked up life choices.
oh i agree with you. As long as someone isn't violating alcohol laws or purchasing more than the legal max, its not any of my buisness.

@Abroad , where I am, we have nothing. you want spray paint, carb cleaner, whatever, you get to buy it.

Age restrictions on alcohol, tobacco, lottery, guns and ammo, but not aerosols, glues, knives.

And in all honesty, I'm not putting my job in jeopardy to refuse an aerosol sale. My paycheck feeds and clothes my kids, it's on you to keep your life straight, not me.

If we had restrictions, I would certainly enforce then, I'm in a gun shop, I enforce restrictions all day but I can't use my own judgement to make up restrictions and put my job in jeopardy.
In Indiana we have age restrictions on inhalants,certain glues,etc.

I remember the alison chick. My God she was fucked.

My son and i always make jokes about her. Whenever i take my muscle relaxers they make me walk sideways sometimes and i'll start singing the song and he cracks up! I felt so bad for her.

What i don't get is was she doing it right out in the open?
I mean, she should have gone into the rest room or just freaking stole it and left.
Kind of odd to just do it right out in the open like that but then again, she was all kinds of loony and messed up.
You would think the way her face looked she would have stopped. Just insane. :arghh:

No way, really? How the hell can it make you believe in one particular thing? Wow, so weirddddddddddddd! Good lord i'm so glad i just smoke Well, i need it for my glaucoma. It helps me a lot sometimes.

A clip from Intervention when the addict was a huffer:

Addict from this year, also a huffer:

Nasty shit.

Wtf? That looks like one miserable kind of high!!! Yuuuuuuuck!!! They do look like generic zombies out of a low budget b grade movie!!!

Google krokodil.Don't know if it's spelled right but holy cow....
That's the shit that eats away peoples flesh,I seen an episode on drugs Inc. About krocadil and it is nasty wicked disgusting how they fiend for the shit that is eating through their flesh and tissue and people literally have gaping holes in their bodies and they still inject that shit!!!!

A clerk in any situation has the right and in a lot of cases the responsibility to refuse service if they believe the substance is being abused or used for illegal purposes. If I sell cigarettes and I have a good indication that they are being purchased for any reason other than a legal ones I can and should refuse. If I sell alcohol, just being 21 isn't good enough, I can and should refuse to sell if there is indication of abuse or misuse. Here where I am if I sell an intoxicant to a person while they are under the influence I can be held responsible for whatever happens after that. So long as I am not refusing based on discrimination, I can refuse service...That is also the policy of Walmart.

Not that I think the clerk is responsible based on what I have read, just that if she did feel that the product would be used as an inhalant, she had every right to refuse service.

Back