• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A Southern California family is fearing the worst after a young mother vanished while helping a homeless man.

Kristen Whitney Ghilardi, who volunteers with a homeless outreach program organized by her church, told a friend that she was taking a man named Patrick to see his parole officer in Simi Valley last Wednesday.

Her friend, Ashley Boger, told KTLA that Ghilardi met Patrick, who was homeless, at a Ventura beach earlier this month.

Boger says that Ghilardi 'is the perfect example of thinking, 'nothing is going to happen to me.''

[...]

Ghilardi's brother, Anthony, says that his sister typically pics up her 10-year-old son from school or daycare on Wednesdays, but she failed to show up on Aug. 26.

[...]

He said that her cellphone is turned off and that her voicemail box is full.

Ghilardi was last seen driving her charcoal-gray 2006 four-door Toyota Corolla with the license plate number 5VLM990.

The vehicle also has tinted rear windows and front-end damage.

Anyone with information about Ghilardi's whereabouts is asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Santa Clarita station at 661-225-1121.

Anonymous tips can be made via Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ride-parole-officer-Southern-California.html

Last edited:
If her church wanted to do this homeless outreach they should've become informed about the situation and how to work with homeless persons and then provided training for all the church participants. This was extremely foolish on her part.

I can understand wanting to help homeless people...but...when the words, parole officer, come into play, you've gotta treat things a little differently. Like, let somebody with more authority handle that shit.

Here's hoping she's not dead and buried in a shallow grave.

Circumstances two years ago made me homeless overnight, and I wound up in a supported living place. So I've met a lot of others who have been homeless, and done some volunteering with the charity/council that runs the homes. I don't want to demonise homeless people, because I know from my own experience that it can happen to anyone. But there's a reason that these charities have strong systems in place. A lot of people have what we term complex needs. Meaning substance abuse, alcoholism, criminal convictions, and mental health issues. They may have one issue, or a combination of any or all.

While the church is clearly well meaning, at the very least, they should have workers in pairs at all times. Hourly phone check ins, and risk assessments conducted on all clients, in conjunction with other agencies that are working with the client. It's a very, very dangerous thing to do without those safeguards in place, sometimes even with those safeguards.

That church bears a lot of responsibility for this. They could have run a soup kitchen, or clothing packages from the church itself, without sending lone people off to act as drivers for someone they more than likely haven't assessed at all.

She left voluntarily to meet up with an ex-con but beforehand had changed her appearance by shaving her head.

Oh and on the 2nd link, the one of her being found, a poster claims to know her mother and is saying that she has some "medical but NOT mental condition" that may explain this nonsense.

I think she got dazzled by a sweet-talker or simply got tired of being Mommy and little Miss Goody-Two-Shoes and wanted some fun for herself. Just my theories though.

Wow, not at all the ending I was expecting! Glad she's alive, because I really didn't think she would be, but I feel sorry for her ten year old. Plenty old enough to be have been severely traumatised by the fact his mom went missing all this time.

Maybe she just needed a break! I feel sorry for the kid too knowing his mom went off to do whatever it was that she did for a few days, but at least she didn't kill the kid cuz she needed a break! Just trying to look at the bright side!

Maybe she just needed a break! I feel sorry for the kid too knowing his mom went off to do whatever it was that she did for a few days, but at least she didn't kill the kid cuz she needed a break! Just trying to look at the bright side!

You can get a break by informing people you need one, like an adult. This woman let her family, including her child, think she was missing and most likely raped and buried in a shallow grave somewhere.

Fuck her.

I agree! She sucks...fuck her! At least the kids alive to say that tho. Unlike a lot of them on here.

She should be charged with child abandonment for leaving her son at daycare and not picking him up.

Back