• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A bogus business school owner convicted of fraud is still missing one month after a warrant was issued for her arrest, police have said.

Tina Beloveth Powerful, 47, was found guilty of fraud and false advertising at Milton Keynes Magistrates' Court

An arrest warrant was issued in July after she failed to appear for three sentencing hearings.

A Thames Valley Police spokeswoman said the warrant is "still outstanding and officers are working to locate her".

The case against Powerful and her Everest School of Transformational Management has been to Milton Keynes Magistrates' Court 11 times.

She had offered courses and degrees her business school did not have the correct accreditation for and advertised facilities that did not exist, including a library.

A first sentencing appearance was adjourned when she produced a sick note, but a week later she failed to attend court again.

Powerful was arrested and ordered to appear the following week.

But she failed to attend court on 24 July and another arrest warrant, this time without bail, was issued.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-34049717

Well, maybe she's just really really sick. Even if I only have diarrhea I won't leave home and consider myself dying. So if she is still sick I hope she feels better soon. I don't blame her for missing court if she's ill. . . . . that poor woman, last thing she needs right now is the courts harassing her. On the other hand she may need some pepto-bismol. That usually helps me. Js

If she was really, really sick, she should at least have called in to say so.

I think she is in the wind and using a different name now.

A first sentencing appearance was adjourned when she produced a sick note
She got out of her court sentencing hearing because of a written excuse? Like what I write for my kids when they miss a day of school?

Please excuse Tina from her court hearing on July **, 2015, because she was sick with the flu.

Thank You,
Tina's Mommy

What the fuck.

She got out of her court sentencing hearing because of a written excuse? Like what I write for my kids when they miss a day of school?

Please excuse Tina from her court hearing on July **, 2015, because she was sick with the flu.

Thank You,
Tina's Mommy

What the fuck.

Suspect it was actually one written by a medical doctor, but yes .....

Suspect it was actually one written by a medical doctor, but yes .....
Still pretty odd.

Where I am ( I cannot speak for every US jurisdiction) you either get your ass to court, sick or not, or your lawyer comes in for you. There are no "medical excuses" for missing your sentencing hearing.

P.S. I liked the excuse I wrote better than thinking it is professional and from a doctor.;)

If I could go take a university final when I had 104 fever, she could manage to get to court. Of course, we all know it was just a delaying tactic until she could plan her escape from justice.

My friend's 2 year was in the hospital to have hernia surgery, she had done eveyrthing she was supposed to do to be excused from jury duty but they still sent a sheriff's deputy after her to the hospital to prove that she was doing what she said she was.

Yeah I'm having a hard time believing a doctor's note worked, too.o_O

She appears to be still in the wind......

Convicted fraudster Tina Beloveth Powerful has been on the run for more than nine months since a warrant was issued for her arrest at Milton Keynes Magistrates' Court when she failed to turn up for sentencing.

Powerful was found guilty of fraud and false advertising in June 2015, after running a bogus business school.

The case went to court eight times before she was convicted, but she regularly failed to turn up. Powerful failed to appear for sentencing on three further occasions and the case cost Milton Keynes Council about £8,000 to prosecute.

Thames Valley Police, which has 986 outstanding arrest warrants on its books, has refused to comment on her case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36024690

She took all that money and is living it up some place sunny...or maybe one of her students went psycho...Bitch that was my life, and killed her...that would be kind of cool.

Back