• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
My SIL's husband died from doing this shit. Crazy how people can lose themselves to this shit.
He actually passed out in a Walmart parking lot one time after huffing.
He was a recovering alcoholic and huffing gave him the same effect of being drunk without drinking.

— A woman is facing charges for huffing cleaner in order to get high at a Walmart in Johnson County, Kansas.

Melissa Ann Wright is accused of huffing the industrial strength duster chemical that’s normally used to clean computers, according to KCTV.

Police say a witness saw Wright huffing the can of Ultra Duster about 11 p.m. Wednesday inside the Walmart near East Santa Fe Street and South Black Bob Road. The person called 911.

The spray is supposed to be used as a cleaner. The bottle warns that inhaling it can be harmful or even cause death.

“Once it enters the system it causes the heart to become super sensitive to things like adrenaline,” said Tama Sawyer, the managing director of the University of Kansas Poison Control Center. “So if you are frightened, you can have a heart attack.”
[...]
Because of those dangers and the fact it can cause a liver or kidney to shut down. The makers of the product added a bitter taste to discourage abuse.
[...]
Experts say someone might use compressed air to get high not because they’re addicted to the chemical inside, but instead are addicted to the way it makes them feel. They say it can be similar to a drunk-intoxicated type of feeling.
http://www.dreamindemon.com/community/forums/in-the-mean-time.37/create-thread

Last edited:
Damn, it's burned her all up too.

The inhalant is very cold and so is the can causing freezing burns to the users like her mug shot shows.

Nasty shit. Also has very weird effects on people.

The only experience I've had with huffers was back in the day when I lived with several other freaks in an apartment. Someone's very nice looking friend came over and started huffing. He then started throwing furniture around. It went downhill from there and I don't remember how the hell we got him out of there. I was later told that he had been an architect before his descent into substance abuse.

YIKES!!! What the fuck?!?
With burns all over her face, her "problem" wasn't that hard to hide..

....but my first thought was "oh shit, this bitch spilled her coffee ON HER FACE???":hilarious:
So maybe plausible no one knew??

Jesus. The way those people are acting... it's like you can see their brains melting. I've never seen anything like that before.
She has made an amazing recovery, clean for years now and a whole person again. One his episode, he was just blank when they interviewed him in rehab, he could recover more or not, some numbness in the beginning of recovery is common for most addicts but he was really just blank. Sober but blank.

Omg crazy shit! She destroyed herself. Jeeeshhhh.
First time i ever seen or heard about this crap is i got off the bus after school one day and as i was walking towards my house i see my moms friend [a guy] sniffing from a brown paper bag.
Back then they sniffed the glue.
So i walk up he was sitting on the cellar bulkhead doing it.
Tells me it's his "medicine" and not to worry and told me to go inside.
It freaked me out but i never spoke of it nor seen him do it again.
They were all a buch of crazy bastards. Thank god i moved away.

I am not trying to be ugly here, but "they" the powers that be, whoever handles it, should use her face like they do faces of meth. When I was a kid, that would have been enough to scare me straight. Lordy. It just looks so painful, not that I think she can still feel it. Just....dang y'all. Ouch.

I've lost 2 friends to huffing stupid shit. The most recent was last December, between Christmas and New Years and she was killed by the exact same shit (Duster). I have no idea what the attraction is. I've always had an affinity to more conventional things (weed, coke, alcohol). She was very confused at the time and her life was pretty messed up. Such a tremendous waste, as far as I'm concerned. She was a beautiful, talented, intelligent girl. RIP Megan.

I've seen the many effects brought on by the use of dusters and those that are caught up in the abuse of the compressed air full of chemicals are tragic and the numbers for those who abuse dusters grow steadily. I've never seen anything however as severe as The Night Of The Living Dead type freezing chemical burns this young woman has. She had to do that shit in the store because nobody in the check out in their right mind would look at that face and sell her a can or four.
:freeze:

She had to do that shit in the store because nobody in the check out in their right mind would look at that face and sell her a can or four.
Why not? Buying duster isn't illegal, it isn't even controlled.

Abusing it or not, had someone refused to sell it to her she could sue them. Most people aren't going to risk their job and future ability to work over selling some jackass more of her duster.

Why not? Buying duster isn't illegal, it isn't even controlled.

Abusing it or not, had someone refused to sell it to her she could sue them. Most people aren't going to risk their job and future ability to work over selling some jackass more of her duster.

Abusing alcohol or not, you can refuse the sale if the clerk feels you are under the influence. I would think the same principal would apply with the sale of chemical dusters since their effect on ones judgment is clearly just as detrimental if not more so. That's my thoughts on, "Why not".

Abusing alcohol or not, you can refuse the sale if the clerk feels you are under the influence. I would think the same principal would apply with the sale of chemical dusters since their effect on ones judgment is clearly just as detrimental if not more so. That's my thoughts on, "Why not".
But inhalants aren't in the same class as alcohol, alcohol is regulated by age restrictions and even time restrictions, there are no restrictions on most inhalants.

I have a firm understanding of many, many different types of intoxicant abuses but I also work in a Tractor, Powersports and Gun Dealership, I sell the parts and all the associated chemicals. I'll be damned if I'm losing my paycheck which I use to take care of my children because someone's dumbass wants to huff.

See, I was a prescription drug addict and the person who stopped me was me, no pharmacist stopped filling my prescriptions, I had to remove my head from my ass and get clean. In my world all addicts of all substances need to be held to that standard. If you want to buy Mahindra Spray Paint from me to huff or Carb Cleaner or Contact Cleaner, have at it, I'll be damned if I'm going to lose my way to support my children because you want to be a dumbass.

I'm no one's keeper.

But inhalants aren't in the same class as alcohol, alcohol is regulated by age restrictions and even time restrictions, there are no restrictions on most inhalants.

I have a firm understanding of many, many different types of intoxicant abuses but I also work in a Tractor, Powersports and Gun Dealership, I sell the parts and all the associated chemicals. I'll be damned if I'm losing my paycheck which I use to take care of my children because someone's dumbass wants to huff.

See, I was a prescription drug addict and the person who stopped me was me, no pharmacist stopped filling my prescriptions, I had to remove my head from my ass and get clean. In my world all addicts of all substances need to be held to that standard. If you want to buy Mahindra Spray Paint from me to huff or Carb Cleaner or Contact Cleaner, have at it, I'll be damned if I'm going to lose my way to support my children because you want to be a dumbass.

I'm no one's keeper.

In the UK you could lose your job (and your employers their license to sell "intoxicating substances") by not refusing to sell huffables to the under-18 customer.

We also restrict the sale of knives (any sort) and lottery coupons to the under-aged, as well as weapons and glues and alcohol and tobacco products.....

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/busi...ing-standards/Pages/Age-restricted-sales.aspx

@Abroad , where I am, we have nothing. you want spray paint, carb cleaner, whatever, you get to buy it.

Age restrictions on alcohol, tobacco, lottery, guns and ammo, but not aerosols, glues, knives.

And in all honesty, I'm not putting my job in jeopardy to refuse an aerosol sale. My paycheck feeds and clothes my kids, it's on you to keep your life straight, not me.

If we had restrictions, I would certainly enforce then, I'm in a gun shop, I enforce restrictions all day but I can't use my own judgement to make up restrictions and put my job in jeopardy.

If we had restrictions, I would certainly enforce then, I'm in a gun shop, I enforce restrictions all day but I can't use my own judgement to make up restrictions and put my job in jeopardy.

Not suggesting for a moment that you should. Just that this might be where someone else's expectation that you might have to could come from. Rules differ by state in the US, don't they?

Back