• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
Officers arrested Mireya Alejandra Lopez after her 2-year-old boys were rushed to different hospitals.

The boys' grandmother called 911 at about noon. When first responders arrived at the home, the children were on a bed in a bedroom, said Sgt. Brandon Busse of the Avondale Police Department.

The working theory was the boys drowned in a bathtub, Avondale Fire Chief Ron Deadman said.

Busse later said that Lopez told officers "that she intentionally drowned both of her twin boys in the bathtub."

http://www.kpho.com/story/29917668/...nd-in-bathtub-at-avondale-home?autostart=true

Fuck. That cunt. I wonder who the family member was that stopped her from drowning the younger child. Too bad they couldn't have gotten there earlier, maybe the boys would still be alive. Fuck. That's all I can think.

How could she murder those beautiful little boys? :( :arghh: I wish the father had full instead of partial custody of those children, given her history of mental illness (as reported).

What a worthless bitch. Mental illness aside this is just evil. Just what flipped her bitch switch and made her do this? This is just beyond terrible.

Officers arrested Mireya Alejandra Lopez after her 2-year-old boys were rushed to different hospitals. When officers asked her why she had drowned her children. Lopez said she believes the twins “are bullied [and] are treated differently,” court paperwork stated. Lopez said she did not want her children to grow up living a difficult life, according to police.

Lopez also said she did it "because nobody loved them and nobody loved her," the officer wrote in his report.

The boys' grandmother called 911 at about noon. When police arrived at the home, the children were on a bed in a bedroom, said Sgt. Brandon Busse of the Avondale Police Department.

Lopez and her mother, Mireya Kissi, were performing CPR on the twins, according to a court document.

http://www.kpho.com/story/29917668/police-woman-said-twins-werent-loved-so-she-drowned-them

How could she murder those beautiful little boys? :( :arghh: I wish the father had full instead of partial custody of those children, given her history of mental illness (as reported).

I'm a little surprised by this. Please don't think of this as an attack, I love your posts usually! I just want to know what you mean. From the linked articles, it says that she had a history of anxiety and depression, but had never been violent or shown any violent inclinations before.

I know that a lot of people go through depression, even have bouts throughout their lifetimes, but are still great parents. Would you advocate removing custody from a parent simply for having a history of depression?

I'm a little surprised by this. Please don't think of this as an attack, I love your posts usually! I just want to know what you mean. From the linked articles, it says that she had a history of anxiety and depression, but had never been violent or shown any violent inclinations before.

I know that a lot of people go through depression, even have bouts throughout their lifetimes, but are still great parents. Would you advocate removing custody from a parent simply for having a history of depression?

Thank you. <3 I realize my post was poorly worded. My impression of her condition was not one of typical depression or anxiety, but that of deteriorating mental illness. If this were an advanced state of mental illness, she would not need a history of violence to kill her children and that is why violent cases like these seem out of character, because the progression of this disease is under-recognized by loved ones who see psychological changes as the result of stressful situations, bad days, she'll get better, etc. without realizing it's "she" who's in need of critical intervention.

I spoke out about having the children with their father because the stresses involved with parenting is not helping her mental health. Of course she'd be heartbroken to not have her kids around (or I would hope so since she did something really fucking monstrous) but her environment has to be less stressful in order to focus on getting better. And I don't imply that she couldn't see her children; she should see her kids but just not be responsible for their well-being while she's in intense treatment. I hope that makes sense.

araisner said:
kTHuou9.jpg

My nephew isn't much older than they were. Pardon me while I go kiss him in his sleep.
couldnt they post a different picture this makes it easier to picture what happened that is so sad i wish theyd drown her

Mireya - You did not love your kids

8698260_G.jpg

An Avondale woman has been sentenced to two life terms plus 20 years in the 2015 drowning deaths of her 2-year-old twins and the attempting killing of a 3-year-old son at their home.

Judge Brad Astrowsky of Maricopa County Superior Court sentenced 24-year-old Mireya Alejandra Lopez on Friday after finding her guilty but insane on two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.

Astrowsky ordered that Lopez be transported to the mental hospital under the jurisdiction of a psychiatric review board.

Authorities previously said Lopez told investigators she drowned the twins and tried to drown the third son because she didn't want them to live with the difficulties she faced.

Court records said she told investigators that she took medication for depression, schizophrenia and psychosis.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/state/mother-sentenced-to-life-terms-for-killing-twin-2-year-olds

KNXV%20Mireya%20Alejandra%20Lopez_1440997854507_23412506_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Last edited:
Back