• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k=e988e9b732e78d16ffa299f46f51da31-1440868386

A YOUNG girl who should be celebrating her fourth birthday on Monday is instead fighting for life in hospital after being doused with petrol and set alight.

Hours after an early birthday party, the three-year-old suffered “horrendous” burns to her face and upper body when she was allegedly set alight as she slept in her cot.

Neighbours who came to the aid of the girl and her siblings, who were also doused with petrol, wereconfronted by the horrific scene just after midnight Saturday on Holbeck Street, Doubleview.

The children’s mother ran from the home screaming, “He’s set the kids on fire”, a shocked resident told PerthNow.

An off-duty policewoman living across the road administered first aid and plunged the three-year-old in her bath to ease the burns. Another resident confronted a man at the home and used a “chokehold” to restrain him.

Edward John Herbert, 43, believed to be the children’s dad, appeared in Perth Magistrates Court on Saturday afternoon on five charges of aggravated grievous bodily harm, attempted grievous bodily harm, being armed with a filleting knife and dousing a victim in petrol.

The three-year-old girl was in a critical but stable condition at Princess Margaret Hospital late Saturday night, while her six-year-old sister and seven-year-old brother were both stable.

One Holbeck Street resident said: “The children’s mother screamed, ‘Help, help, he’s set the kids on fire’.

“The two elder children appeared OK, they just smelled of fuel. But the youngest ... she was burnt horrendously. It just frightened the hell out of me.”

Another resident told how he restrained a man at the home until police arrived and took him into custody.

“I ran into the house and put him in a chokehold until the cops arrived and soon enough he was out cold in a couple of seconds, ”the resident, who did not want to be named, said. “The house was a complete mess.”

Edward Herbert has been charged with grievous bodily harm of one child, and attempted grievous bodily harm of another two children.​

I so wish for an eye for an eye. This little girl will suffer the rest of her life in so many ways. I know the court system over there won't give this sperm donor near the punishment he deserves. Hopefully prison justice will take care of him. I wish this little girl and her family the best. They will all carry scars the rest of their lives whether seen or unseen.

What an evil thing to do.

I have a close friend that was a burn victim as a child. He has had so many surgeries in his life. He told me he stopped counting after 30.
The scars are horrific and painful for ever.

Acts like this should earn the death penalty, or at least life in prison.

A monster like that should never be allowed in society again.

Fuckkkkkk!!!! I have no words, anger, sadness, and shock! Poor poor baby, I hope that mother put her baby out before she ran out of the house, it's always the most innocent lives that get ruined or snuffed out when adults can't get their shit together!! I wish we could screen people before they reproduced.

This little girl will never life a normal life again.

UGHHH!!! Fucking ignorant asshole! Fucking FIRE! Why??? I don't ever suggest domestic violence but why don't people take their rage out on other adults or themselves instead of tiny innocent children? What the !!GFFGADS#! did a small child do to earn this type of violence?? Nothing!! I hope his fellow inmates work on him something fierce.

The prosecutors should show that pic to the jury. Perhaps it will sway them to give him the harshest sentence...even that won't be enough. I pray the little girl survives her injuries.

I saw a news bulletin they said the little girl is still stable, the burns where mostly on the top half of her body. One of the witnesses said some the worst of her burns were along one side of her head and down onto her back.
Appears the neighbours heard him going off and on over 5-6 hours after a 6 pack and unfortunately didn't call the cops.
Neighbours said the father seemed to become more and more agitated during the course of Friday evening, first threatening to injure himself and his wife before turning on his children.
Witnesses say the behaviour of the father became more unpredictable and extreme over the course of several hours.

"He came down around 6pm like he usually does with his six pack and his smokes, but he wasn't the same man that I knew," she said.

"I kept telling him to calm down but he put his head down on the dining room table and started head-butting it."

Neighbours described hearing screams and threats coming from the house in the hours leading up to midnight.

They say the man threatened to cut himself, then threatened to burn his wife and finally his children.

"All the time his wife was shouting and begging him not to hurt anyone, but eventually she came running out and shouted at me to call the police, and then I heard the fire alarm going off," said the woman.

The neighbour added that she couldn't understand how the man ended up turning on his children.
"He's loud and dominant, but he loves those kids. He has their names tattooed on his neck and the little one, the one who was worst injured, follows him around like a shadow," she said.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/three-children-burned-in-doubleview-fire-attack

five charges of aggravated grievous bodily harm, attempted grievous bodily harm, being armed with a filleting knife and dousing a victim in petrol.

Those are actual charges in Australia? It's literally on the books that you can't carry around a filleting knife or douse people with petrol.

This guys lookin at such a stiff prison sentence, prob 5 years even!

What the hell, people! Didn't occur to you to call the cops? Ass fucks.

I've lived with neighbros who routinely would have startlingly loud, scary arguments. Lots of cursing, lots of screaming, never called the cops. People yelling and making a scene isn't always a sign that violence is imminent. Nothing wrong with minding ones business.

Not sure why the mom didn't call the cops sooner though, sounds like she was genuinely scared early on. Fucking idiot. Dude no doubt has been abusive in the past and she stuck with him.

Oh my god. I look at my sleeping daughter and couldn't ever imagine hurting her. They look like angels when they sleep.

I am going to bet he was on drugs and had some fucked up reaction. Not that it excuses his actions, just maybe explains them.

I am going to bet he was on drugs and had some fucked up reaction.
I'm wondering if it was Spice or pot soaked with another chemical because the neighbor mentions him having his 6 pack and "his smokes". His "smokes" could have had a very special blend, and Spice has some really severe adverse effects in some users.

FOZHvz4.jpg

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ild-alight-edward-john-herbert-guilty/8431348

A Perth father who doused his two children in petrol and set one on fire has been found guilty of five charges, including two of attempting to kill the children.

Edward John Herbert pleaded not guilty to the charges on the grounds of insanity, but WA Supreme Court Justice Lindy Jenkins rejected that defence.

Herbert's three-year-old daughter suffered burns to her upper body and face in the attack, which the court heard caused severe and life-threatening injuries and left her with permanent scarring.

The second child, aged seven, was doused in petrol before being rescued by an off-duty police officer who had rushed to help from the house across the street.

(...)

He poured petrol over the younger child and set her alight, before he began to douse the older child in petrol.

An off-duty police officer held back tears during the trial as she told the court how she rescued the children while Herbert watched on silently.

Another neighbour Daniel McMillan said he entered the home to restrain Herbert and asked him what he had done.

He told the court Herbert responded by saying he set his daughter on fire because she was "too beautiful", and "don't worry, I wouldn't have lit my boy up".

In a letter Herbert wrote to his partner from jail, he said he could not remember any of what happened on the night and he would have to live with it for the rest of his life.

"WTF happened?" Herbert wrote.

"I love my kids more than life itself... they said I had a mental illness and smoking weed is very bad for my type."

Herbert sat emotionless as the judge delivered her verdict.

He is expected to be sentenced in May.​

Back