• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A 16-year-old girl went missing on August 20 from after visiting a Chick-fil-A in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, reports say.

Marley McKenna Spindler never made it to her first day at Socastee High School as a junior.

The missing teen was last seen around 7:30am driving away from a Chick-fil-A on Highway 544 in Surfside Beach.

She was last heard from at 8:42am when she participated in a group text message session with friends, reports WBTW.

During those texts, she reportedly told friends she was being followed, but the friends thought she was joking, according to NBC News.

The teens didn't call police in case their pal was skipping school, reports her aunt, Shelley Long.

The teen was also seen teen driving on Ocean Boulevard and stopping by her bank, where she withdrew a small amount of money from her account, less than $100, said Lieutenant Raul Denis of the Horry County Police Department, according to NBC News.

She was reportedly driving a 2002 silver Ford Escape with South Carolina tag KFI-776. The vehicle is also missing.

Spindler (who goes by 'McKenna') stands 5 feet 8 inches, weighs approximately 100 pounds, and has long light brown hair and hazel eyes.

The missing teen was last seen wearing long blue jeans, a white flowery tank top and gold sandals, with a cross-body style purser, a carrying a Vera Bradley book bag and Vera Bradley lunchbox, according to a missing person's flyer.

[...]

Anyone with information related to Spindler's disappearance is asked to contact the Horry County Police Department or call the Tip Line at 843-915-8477 (843-915-TIPS).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...friends-following-never-makes-day-school.html

I read about this one yesterday. The article I read said they were looking for a 22 year old male who they believe knows something or may be with her.

That gives me some hope that she just ran off with a boyfriend that her family didn't approve of.

read about this one yesterday. The article I read said they were looking for a 22 year old male who they believe knows something or may be with her.

That gives me some hope that she just ran off with a boyfriend that her family didn't approve of.

The Daily Mail link from Jessiesgirl says the police have cleared a 22 year-old man, and the police think she's "likely alone." Hrmmm, I hope she's okay!:

Police said that an original person of interest in the case, a 22-year-old man known only as 'Jeremy,' and who was reported to have been with the teen, has been cleared.

Police believe she is likely alone and there is no evidence of foul play at this time.​

Hope they find her. This area is getting so scary. The chick fil a is right across the street from my walmart and there is always a group of homeless, drunks, and addicts in the back of the lot. not saying they had anything to do with it, but i wouldn't be suprised as we've had a big rise in dealers in the lot.

I hope she is safe, I get the feeling she left on her own.. Because she changed her clothes into what looked like a basic t shirt ( first day of school usually means girls dress in there favorite cute outfit) ..than texts her friends that someone was following her.. Than she withdraws money from the bank..
It all sounds like a plan to make everybody think kidnapping..
Or at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself of because the alternatives are parents nightmares ...I pray this turns out to be the act of a rebellious teenager ..

5'8" and 100 lbs. I'm going to venture a guess that she has something more going on. At my worse I was 5'5" and 106lbs- in photos I looked like I belonged in a concentration camp. Sometimes food is the only thing in your life that you can control.

I hope she is found safe.

At my worse I was 5'5" and 106lbs- in photos I looked like I belonged in a concentration camp.
I'm 5'5", right about 100 pounds (maybe 102), in every picture. I'm incredibly tiny but I have a very small build and am actually perfectly suited to carry only about 100 pounds.

That's me at the same weight in my avatar, and I posted a couple days ago one that was just taken this month in the True Identity thread.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's your build that matters more than the number on the scale, 5'5", 100 pounds can look fine, so can 5'8", 100 pounds depending on the person's bone structure and build.

safe_image.php

A case ending with more jeers than tears. Glad to know she was found safe but I really abhor the fact that all those man hours and resources were wasted. It is because of girls like Marley that LE are sometime reluctant to respond quickly and poo poo parents that want immediate action on their child's case when time is precious.

My child would suddenly find herself with more attention than she could ever imagine with a stunt like this.

I'd be chauffeuring her everywhere, nice SUV would be mine again, I'd check with the school all day or have others help me with that. Just like when she would have been 2 and I couldn't take my eyes off of her for fear she'd get hurt or in trouble. I'd sure as Hell do it again.

Scare the shit out of me and all the concerned public with the "being followed" text and false rape report, I'd give her ass attention.

Yeah, having lived in Rochester for a few years it's one I followed.
I'm curious to know who Miss Spindler was coming to Mount Plastic to be with... school has already started here, so I get the feeling he may be an older guy.

I'm curious to know who Miss Spindler was coming to Mount Plastic to be with... school has already started here, so I get the feeling he may be an older guy.
Absolutely, especially since the other man questioned when she first took off was a 22 year old.

Back