• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man accused of killing his brother-in-law with a crossbow has been acquitted of murder and manslaughter by a jury.

[...]

Mr Hanson, a plumber from St Keverne, was married to Mr Schofield's sister Julia Hanson.

The court heard he was violent towards her and she left him, staying with Mr Schofield.

But Mr Hanson arrived at Mr Schofield's farm on the Lizard on 25 October last year, the court heard.

The trial heard he was shot with the crossbow while attacking Mrs Hanson.

Mr Schofield told the court he was hoping Mr Hanson would feel threatened by the weapon and leave.

Questioned by his defence counsel, Richard Smith QC, Mr Schofield said he had no thoughts of firing the crossbow when he loaded it.

It was discharged and the bolt hit Mr Hanson in the chest, passing straight through his heart and a major blood vessel before exiting through his back.

They were also shown the blood-soaked bolt and the crossbow that fired it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-34089176

Hmmm interesting. So she says she was being attacked, perhaps her brother says he saw it. Brother just so happens to have a cross bow with him. Brother fires said bow. Dude is dead.

Maybe was well planned murder? Wonder what amount of life insurance the dude carried?

Hmmm interesting. So she says she was being attacked, perhaps her brother says he saw it. Brother just so happens to have a cross bow with him. Brother fires said bow. Dude is dead.

Maybe was well planned murder? Wonder what amount of life insurance the dude carried?
I don't know. If my sister(Well, if I had one...) left her husband to stay with me because he was violent, and I knew he was coming, or was there, I'd sure as hell arm myself if possible.

Though the fighting over keys bit is a little... weird.

Back