• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
A weird story, but not funny. :( Not funny at all.

Someone stole this young woman's corpse right out her casket, on what would have been her birthday. She sounded like a wonderful girl. Maybe some unbalanced admirer with a Norman Bates complex didn't want to see her cremated and took her home instead? My brain is reeling over this one. That poor family! I hope this gets sorted out soon.

julie-mott_zpsxpvq3sbn.jpg

Facebook image

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/body-woman-25-stolen-casket-broad-daylight-article-1.2334302

A 25-year-old woman's body was stolen from her casket in a Texas funeral home in broad daylight, baffling police and forcing her family to deal with losing her a second time.

Julie Mott, 25, died Aug. 8 after a life-long battle with cystic fibrosis, a genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe.

Her body was stolen after her funeral in San Antonio on Aug. 15 — which would have been her 26th birthday, Sgt. Javier Salazar told the Daily News.

Mott's body was discovered missing the next morning, when staff went to take her for cremation and found the casket had been broken into, Salazar said.

But there were no signs of forced entry on the Mission Parks Funeral Chapel North home, and no alarms had gone off or been tampered with overnight. That means her body was likely stolen from a private viewing area between the end of the service at 1:30 p.m. and the end of the business day at 4:30 p.m. after the funeral.

"Whoever did it was pretty daring about it," Salazar said, noting the crime could have been committed by just one person or a group because Mott was petite.

As to motive, "the possibilities are endless" and police will wait until they have apprehended a suspect to say why the crime occurred, he said.

“Our No. 1 priority, of course, is getting her back to her family,” Salazar said. “A close second is to find out who the person was who did it and bring them to justice.”

Dad Tim Mott begged for help finding his daughter's body.

"We just want our daughter's remains returned so we can have some closure to our grief," he said, according to KHOU.

The situation is especially heartwrenching because Mott was expected to live to just 3 years old, Salazar said. But her family "encouraged her to live" and have fun.

She became a "vibrant, typical young girl" who loved to horseback ride but spent many days bedridden, Salazar said.

"It's heartbreaking to see a family that went through all that with her…now being put through this before being able to go through mourning and get the closure any family needs," he said.

Friends mourned the second loss of the San Antonio College graduate who brought joy into their lives, despite her pain.

"So disturbing and unbelievable that someone would do this. RIP Julie and prayers to your family in this horrible time," friend Jessica Payne wrote.​

Sounds like an inside job to me. I suspect someone that has access to the funeral home or works there did this. I hope she is found and her body is not desecrated.

My guess is funeral home owner Dick Tips knows more than he's letting out.

I dont see how anyone can walk into an establishment and walk our dragging a full sized body without any employees or cameras or anything seeing.

images
The strange case of Dr. Von Cosel and his lovely Elena, denied their union in life he removed her body from the crypt he had built and brought her to his home as wife, in every sense apparently. At her autopsy a vaginal tube was discovered that acted as a vagina.

Last edited:
Interestingly (to me, anyway :p), a psychiatrist posited the same idea I had—that someone just couldn't bear the thought of her physical body being burning up through cremation:

http://www.ksat.com/news/search-goes-on-for-julie-motts-stolen-remains

She said perhaps someone could become fixated on the fact they strongly object to cremation.

“A person could say, ‘I don’t agree with what is being done. I need to take matters in my own hands,’” Milam said.

Speaking as a psychiatrist, Milam said some are so overwhelmed by their grief, “Our brains are not working the normal way that they would.”

Milam said it could reach a point that they may believe they’re acting out of love and respect, yet their sense of right and wrong has been altered.
Then again, Victoria and the slew of front page commenters (where this story is also found) may be right by going directly to necrophilia. :wtf::vomit::rolleyes: I'm harboring a hope that a saner and more respectful love was the reason, and that we eventually find out the real story.

Well, necrophilia was the first thing that came to my mind. I've only read about it, never done it. Just sayin'.

images
The strange case of Dr. Von Cosel and his lovely Elena, denied their union in life he removed her body from the crypt he had built and brought her to his home as wife, in every sense apparently. At her autopsy a vaginal tube was discovered that acted as a vagina.
Wow. That was one weird motherfucker. I'd never heard of this. Thanks for linking.

Probably some weirdo loner :wtf: she's his perfect girlfriend :shrug:
... Can't tell him how inadequate he may be or how small his peeps is :shrug: dead chiks can't judge.

They have identified a person of interest. He is not being named but they are saying that he was obsessed with Julie, lingered at her funeral and was the last one seen with her body at the funeral home.

I think the "opposed to cremation" theory can be put aside, I think he was "obsessed" and has to have her forever...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ds-obsessed-person-interest-article-1.2337877

Thanks for the update! Sounds like they'll get him soon, and Julie can finally be laid to rest.

An updated story claims the last one at the viewing was the obsessed guy. :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sket-broad-daylight-obsessed-victim-died.html

New information has emerged in the case of a Texas woman whose body was stolen from a casket following her funeral service, with reports the last person seen leaving the funeral home was a man who obsessed with the woman.

According to an incident report obtained by My San Antonio, police have identified a potential suspect that was obsessively texting and calling Mott before her death on August 8.

The man's name and relationship to Mott were not detailed in the report, but he is said to be aged in his twenties.​

images

This was my introduction into the morbid world.
I got this book (complete with pictures) at a yard sale when I was a teen. I read it in a day and a half.
The whole story was disgusting but I couldn't put it down.

I was just looking for updates.

The funeral home owner is s long time family friend. I wonder if he is a suspect? He would certainly have the ability to preserve her body.

I got this book (complete with pictures) at a yard sale when I was a teen. I read it in a day and a half.

Once it gets you, it's got you! ;) T'was a library book on Lizzie Borden that got me. I'd grown up singing the Lizzie Borden song on the playground (Lizzie Borden took an axe...). As a teenager, I was fascinated to find a book about her in the library.

I remember pouring over the low quality black and white photos of the bodies of Andrew and Abby Borden. I read a bunch of different books on the crime after that and ended up believing Lizzie did indeed kill her father and stepmother.

I also remember watching the made-for-TV movie about the crime in which Elizabeth Montgomery (Samantha from Bewitched) played Lizzie. In the movie, Lizzie commits the murders naked in order to escape having telltale blood on her clothing. Good times! :D

SAPD SEEKS TIPS IN DISAPPEARANCE OF YOUNG LADY'S REMAINS.

Julie-Mott-490x328.jpg

Julie Mott (25) - Source

25-year-old Julie Mott passed away after a long bout with Cystic Fibrosys. On August 15th, her family held a funeral for her at Mission Park North Funeral Chapel on Cherry Ridge Dr. It is believed that, in the hours after the funeral service, someone came into the funeral home and stole her remains. SAPD Intelligence is investigating the case, and is asking for anyone with information to call 210-225-TIPS (8477). Mission Park has offered a $20,000 reward to anyone with information which leads to the recovery of Julie's remains.

Update: A search party looking for Julie Mott found a body, but apparently it's some other person's body. :facepalm: I found it interesting that a tip about Mott's body being in the area led to the discovery. Some convoluted f*cked-up-ness going on in that town!

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/loc...ulie-mott-find-body-likely-not-hers/71389042/

A search party looking for the body of Julie Mott was stunned to turn up the remains of a person Saturday. However, in yet another bizarre twist in the case, San Antonio police said they don't believe the remains belong to her.

The body was discovered around 10:30 a.m. in a wooded area off the beaten path around McAllister Park, police said.

According to Dick Tips, Mission Park Funeral Chapels North Owner, a search party of about 60 people started to search the area around 9 a.m. after receiving a tip that Mott's body may be in the area.

Julie Mott, 26, died last month of Cystic Fibrosis. After her funeral service, someone stole her body in the back of a private visitation area.

Initial reports are that remains found today are not Mott, since the body appears to have been at the location for about a month, said police.

Police said they were also not able to determine the gender of the remains. Police were looking into whether the body was burned as there were, "visible signs of attempt to conceal a body," said Tips.

Tips said the search party will continue to search the woods for Mott's body throughout Saturday.​

Update: A search party looking for Julie Mott found a body, but apparently it's some other person's body. :facepalm: I found it interesting that a tip about Mott's body being in the area led to the discovery. Some convoluted f*cked-up-ness going on in that town!

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/loc...ulie-mott-find-body-likely-not-hers/71389042/

A search party looking for the body of Julie Mott was stunned to turn up the remains of a person Saturday. However, in yet another bizarre twist in the case, San Antonio police said they don't believe the remains belong to her.

The body was discovered around 10:30 a.m. in a wooded area off the beaten path around McAllister Park, police said.

According to Dick Tips, Mission Park Funeral Chapels North Owner, a search party of about 60 people started to search the area around 9 a.m. after receiving a tip that Mott's body may be in the area.

Julie Mott, 26, died last month of Cystic Fibrosis. After her funeral service, someone stole her body in the back of a private visitation area.

Initial reports are that remains found today are not Mott, since the body appears to have been at the location for about a month, said police.

Police said they were also not able to determine the gender of the remains. Police were looking into whether the body was burned as there were, "visible signs of attempt to conceal a body," said Tips.

Tips said the search party will continue to search the woods for Mott's body throughout Saturday.​

Dick Tips? DICK TIPS?!?! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I was really reading to see if there was any important updates on this story. Right up until I read the name dick tips. After that it all went to shit and I sound like bevis and butthead going "huh huh Dick Tips!"

Maybe since she was very petite, the body snatcher could hide the body in a trash bin and return later at night to retrieve it. Might not need to run away with the corpse all at once.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ter-still-no-sign-of-Julie-Mott-s-6534758.php

"SAN ANTONIO — Friends and family of a woman whose body disappeared from a San Antonio funeral home in August are still scouring the city for her remains.

Julie Mott, 25, died on Aug. 8 from cystic fibrosis. Her funeral was held at the Mission Park Funeral Chapel North Facility, 3401 Cherry Ridge Drive, on Aug. 15. Workers at the funeral home wheeled the casket holding Mott’s body into a rear hallway of the facility after her services concluded. When they returned the next day, Mott’s body was gone.

“We haven’t stopped searching,” said Mission Park Funeral Chapels owner Robert “Dick” Tips.

Tips, a longtime friend of the Mott family, said he and others have been relentlessly chasing down leads that have come in through the San Antonio Police Department.

“We feel pretty comfortable that we know who it might be,” he said. “It’s a process. It’s like a puzzle. You have to fill in the blanks and make sure you eliminate everybody.”"

Wow, she still hasn't been found. This is crazy. Her poor family.

The fact that I had to read to figure out which abducted dead body from August this was, kind of freaks me out. Sad they still have not found her. I hope she starts haunted the ass of whoever took her. I'm just hoping they have been caring for the body, as whacked out as that sounds. I'd hate to think of someone disrespecting or mutilating her, to add insult to injury.

Wow, when this originally happened I thought they would find her pretty quick! It's been months now. Wow is all I can say. Oh yeah, and Dick Tips! :hilarious::hilarious:

I watched it. I watched it... :confused: And I will never be able to forget. :nailbiting:

Back