• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A new bride has appeared in court charged with murdering her solicitor husband shortly after they returned from their honeymoon in Las Vegas.

Sharon Edwards, 42, of Parkers Wood Close, Chorley, in Lancashire, is accused of killing David Edwards, 51.

He was found with a stab wound to his chest at their home on Sunday evening and was pronounced dead at the scene.

After giving her name, Mrs Edwards told the court: "David's not dead."

During the five-minute hearing, she told the deputy district judge she understood proceedings, before saying again: "But he's not dead."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-34060524

A newlywed wept in court as she denied murdering her husband, who she said was "jealous" and would call her names.

Mrs Edwards admitted holding the knife that killed him, but denied deliberately pushing it into his body.

She told the court their relationship had been "very intense, very passionate, very loving".

Beginning her defence, Mrs Edwards began to cry as she was asked whether at any time she had intended to kill her husband.

She replied: "No I didn't. I loved him."

She also denied being responsible for "50 to 60" injuries found on his body.

The prosecution has claimed Mrs Edwards was repeatedly abusive towards her husband, and was heard telling him she was going to kill him in a row shortly before his death.

She admitting slapping her husband across the face on one occasion and was subsequently arrested but later released.

Questioned in court about a black eye he received on honeymoon in Las Vegas, Mrs Edwards says her husband accidentally hit himself in the face with a bedside phone in the hotel.

Asked about a split lip he received soon after returning home she said he had fallen out of bed whilst drunk and hit his face on a bedside table.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-35708868

She replied: "No I didn't. I loved him."

Yes she did....too DEATH!

I wonder if Eminem is is on any of their playlists. Its like Love The Way You Lie (part 1 & 2) just came to life. This chick is bent. I've punched my husband in the face, he gave me the best hug ever right after. The if I don't hug you, I will kill you, special. Eminem is on our playlists.

Last edited:
Dumbass dude should have recognized the danger with this abusive partner. He asked for it, and he got it, 50-60 times apparently. Dumbass. No sympathies.

Dumbass dude should have recognized the danger with this abusive partner.

He was a lawyer...maybe he secretly liked having a woman that will smash his face in. My husband appreciates that I can throw a punch. With my fist and my mouth, It turns him on. And scares him all at the same time.

I don't know about all stabby...she sounds like Jodi Arias...a lot of injuries. Its known in my house that if my husband kills me, he has to do it with his bare hands, I'd like to be strangled, because choking games are pretty normal in our house and I love the guy...ACCIDENT.

I was going to crap/dislike that mess of unnecessary and disgusting information, but it's oddly romantic and showcases a level of love and respect for ones partner that most other users on this site no doubt could learn a lot from.

A solicitor who was stabbed by his new wife had to use makeup to disguise injuries on his wedding day, a court has heard.

Pictures of Mr Edwards showed him with a black eye and burst lip while his face was described as black and blue.

Mrs Edwards told Manchester Crown Court she had been "protective" of Mr Edwards and the stab wound was accidental.

The court heard he had told a doctor and a nurse that his wife regularly assaulted him.

In a recording of a conversation Mr Edwards had with his wife, he was heard to say "we are going to have to refine the excuse for my eye, you know the garage door that we made up, that doesn't wash".

Mrs Edwards said she had only ever slapped her husband but claimed he had not been frightened of her.

She told the court: "I was a loving wife and I was protective of him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-35708401

A solicitor who was abused and murdered by his violent wife was let down by authorities, a report has found.

Doctors failed to raise concerns about injuries to David Edwards, according to the domestic homicide review.

Mr Edwards, 51, was stabbed through the heart by his wife Sharon at their home Chorley, Lancashire, just weeks after their Las Vegas wedding in 2015.

A Chorley Council domestic homicide review found two GPs had failed to ask the solicitor how he was injured, as did Chorley Hospital's A&E unit in July 2015.

He told a paramedic about the abuse but a failure to follow procedures meant the report was not escalated to managers.

A perception that men were not domestic abuse victims may have contributed to the situation, the report concluded.

Edwards, 42, was sentenced to life for her husband's murder in March 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-45277554

What does that mean.
Until death does she exit?
Or in a few years she can parole out?

I suspect they have set a minimum and that she will eventually be eligible for parole. She "only" killed one man, - and one who had committed to her at that.

I would hope they watch her mental health, though. It is possible to keep people in an asylum indefinitely here, should they be a danger to themselves and others.

ETA: I found it:

At Manchester Crown Court she was jailed for life and will serve at least 20 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-35742799

Last edited:
Back