• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

Graphic video at link. Absolutely heartbreaking and infuriating.

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/12798068-story

WARNING: This story contains very graphic photos. Our sources have asked us not to sanitize them. They want you to see exactly the suffering these children went through. They're hoping enough people will take a stand and demand change.

In June, a brave whistleblower came forward to FOX 11 News with disturbing allegations of children being abused, tortured, and killed, children who were under the supervision of the San Bernardino County Department of Children and Family Services, an agency designed to protect them.

Over the next few weeks, other sources joined the first whistleblower, all accusing the agency that they used to work for of ignoring evidence of abuse and letting children die. They go as far as to accuse the CFS of covering up the worst cases. During the last three months, FOX 11 News has been investigating why these children were left in unsafe homes and why some of them ended up dead.

Our confidential sources say hundreds of children are being left in dangerous situations every day. Why? The former San Bernardino County social workers we spoke to allege that it boils down to a county that is more worried about money than the safety of its children. Here are the words of one of those insiders: “Because it saves the county a lot of money. Because the county is willing to gamble a child's life, thinking it's okay.

They're being abused. We hope they're not going to be killed, because if they're killed then the media gets light of it. But lots of children are left in homes where they just continue to be abused.” Another whistleblower told us that social workers “get into this field with the idea that you're going to help people, that you're going keep people safe, you're going to do your job. And everywhere you turn, your hands are tied. You can't go out into the field and do your job because you have lawyers telling you what to do and what not to do.”​

Not sure if this belongs here, or in another section.

Some of this shit in the news video at least isn't CPS turning a blind eye, it's them not finding anything bad enough to take action. A mom yelling, cursing, threatening, simply not being nice are not things you can haul a kid out of a home for. Should it be documented, def, should they do followups, def, but even then, given the caseload it may not be possible to check in with every single family again and again after an initial report is investigated to ensure things are still okay.

Some of it makes me question the training these workers receive. It says one interviewed the kid right there in front of the alleged abusers, that's gotta be against some sort of cardinal rule when it comes to handling this type of shit, if not outright county CPS policy(should be anyways).

The fire incident is another one where i don't see anything glaringly shocking or wrong. Since when has CPS been able to pull kids from a home simply cuz drugs are being used or cuz the parents are deadbeat fucktards? Maybe if there's an arrest, a drug based criminal conviction, something like that, sure, but just suspicions of drug use?

The CPS isn't some be all end all guardian of children and their safety. They don't operate on the level of other gov't entities like the police. There's often nothing they can do in clear cut situations where children are in danger.

Def good for this shit to become public, but this sounds like a bunch of media hype, alarmist bullshit, and these whistleblowers strike me as disgruntled former employees.

Def good for this shit to become public, but this sounds like a bunch of media hype, alarmist bullshit, and these whistleblowers strike me as disgruntled former employees.
You may very well be right, but I'm just thrilled this was made public because if it saves even one child it's worth it. I, for one, would sure as shit be a disgruntled employee if I was ordered to ignore horror inflicted on a child. The cold hearted fuckers calling the shots need to be plastered all over the news, maybe it'll wake up some other agencies in the US.

We pay our actors and athletes millions of dollars to serve no other purpose than entertaining us, yet gov't funding is too tight to help tortured kids. There is something seriously wrong with our priorities. You can tell a lot about a country by the way they care for their children and between this monstrosity and our joke of an educational system, we're failing miserably.

Last edited:
="amac, post: 932693, member: 24390"

We pay our actors and athletes millions of dollars to serve no other purpose than entertaining us, yet gov't funding is too tight to help tortured kids. There is something seriously wrong with our priorities. You can tell a lot about a country by the way they care for their children and between this monstrosity and our joke of an educational system, we're failing miserably.

What's wrong is your understanding of wages, actors and athletes are not government funded and have nothing to do with this post or article. Part of the failures are parents expecting schools and the state to raise their children and take no responsibility themselves
DHS is Broken everyone knows it, but children are not a voting block so politicians don't give a crap about them

Last edited:
What's wrong is your understanding of wages, actors and athletes are not government funded and have nothing to do with this post or article. Part of the failures are parents expecting schools and the state to raise their children and take no responsibility themselves
LOL! I'm quite aware that actors and athletes aren't government funded, I'm not living under a rock. ;) I'm afraid you totally missed my point. I'm saying SOCIETY has its priorities completely upside down and the crime is that we aren't doing a damn thing about it.

Since you say my opinion doesn't even apply to this subject in the first place, I'll try to explain why I believe it does...

We hear about a celebrity wardrobe malfunction and everyone loses their shit. We hear about children suffering and dying in our own backyard and the country takes a collective yawn. Janet Jackson flashes a boob... 10 min spot. Planned Parenthood is chopping up babies... 30 second blip. We're numb -- and we're too distracted or down right dumb to realize just how bad it's gotten.

No one complains about the massively imbalanced scales of priorities in government AND our culture. Thus my analogy about the fact we pay our entertainers thru the nose, when in reality they contribute very little meaningful service to society (other than amusing us). Sure, that's private wages, but then you look at government who likewise often gives the lion's share of their funding to less pressing factions while they neglect proper funding for CPS and schools.

People collectively don't seem to address that imbalance, just like no one holds the government accountable for the fact they're robbing the public blind and doing who knows what with it. Remember that little debacle where several TRILLION went missing? The government just shrugged and said they didn't know where it went. $2.3 trillion to be exact -- *POOF* -- that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. My point is, they hardly even put any effort into deceiving the populous about funding anymore, that's how complacent we've all become.

People should have been outraged about missing trillions, just like they damn well should be outraged over this failure of the government to deligate greater funding for the protection of societies most vulnerable, but instead we're so used to this backassward arrangement that we don't bat an eye. It's not until we grow a collective set of great big societal balls and start truly BEING outraged that we have any hope.

Sadly, I don't see that happening on a large enough scale to catalyze much change. It's Rome and the circus version 2.0. Keep them fat and happy and oblivious. Don't question us, what we do with your money, or (in this instance) the fact that we're not sufficiently funding a budget that serves one of the most important functions imaginable!

Ok, diatribe over. Time to go bang my head against the wall a few times and weep for humanity. :banghead:

Last edited:
Cps fukd up...BAD! Of course rhey cant possibly save every child, but they sure as fuk should have been able to save those ones. Oh my God, they should be fired and then charged in a criminal court.

We pay our actors and athletes millions of dollars to serve no other purpose than entertaining us, yet gov't funding is too tight to help tortured kids. There is something seriously wrong with our priorities.

Pro athletes and actors are the biggest piece of industries that bring in hundreds of millions of dollars, they deserve to be compensated their fair share.

we pay our entertainers thru the nose, when in reality they contribute very little meaningful service to society (other than amusing us)

Simply not true. They not only provide a tremendous amount of happiness through their entertainment product, but the money made thru their efforts is immense. That's all taxable American dollars. Hollywood and pro sports are good for America.

I think a major issue with a lot of what you're saying is that peoplek now there's not much, if anything, they can do about it. The gov't is entrenched in its backwards ways, new blood doesn't exist, and if it does it doesn't remain new/fresh for long. In most situations and issues, especially huge scale ones like you're bringing up, there's jackshit average joe can do about it.

Pro athletes and actors are the biggest piece of industries that bring in hundreds of millions of dollars, they deserve to be compensated their fair share.

Simply not true. They not only provide a tremendous amount of happiness through their entertainment product, but the money made thru their efforts is immense. That's all taxable American dollars. Hollywood and pro sports are good for America.

I think a major issue with a lot of what you're saying is that peoplek now there's not much, if anything, they can do about it. The gov't is entrenched in its backwards ways, new blood doesn't exist, and if it does it doesn't remain new/fresh for long. In most situations and issues, especially huge scale ones like you're bringing up, there's jackshit average joe can do about it.
On your last point we agree completely. That's why I mentioned that real change isn't very feasible. Everyone is in a state of paralysis; they know they can't do much of anything about it themselves, so they resign to accepting the status quo. Those that do attempt to create any grassroots movements don't get far because if the media isn't assisting your cause, you're already dead in the water. Look at all the horrific things happening in the world right now yet what gets all the coverage and its own primetime special? Caitlyn Jenner. Distract, distract, distract. And it works.

On the other points, I don't disagree that celebrities and sports bring in money as well as providing happiness, I'm just saying that they aren't technically providing a service on par with say, doctors, EMT's, firefighters, farmers, you name it. My comparison in that regard is a purely hypothetical one. I'm obviously not suggesting that celebrities should get squat and EMT's make millions a year. That's completely implausible. I'm just trying to say that priorities across the board are backwards and individuals need to start waking up to the stench of what the government is sweeping under the rug -- such as our children.

On the other points, I don't disagree that celebrities and sports bring in money as well as providing happiness, I'm just saying that they aren't technically providing a service on par with say, doctors, EMT's, firefighters, farmers, you name it. My comparison in that regard is a purely hypothetical one. I'm obviously not suggesting that celebrities should get squat and EMT's make millions a year. That's completely implausible. I'm just trying to say that priorities across the board are backwards and individuals need to start waking up to the stench of what the government is sweeping under the rug -- such as our children.

Have you seen Mad Max Fury Road? It came out on dvd on the 1st if you missed it for some crazy ass reason. Pretty clear that everyone involved in that movies creation have provided a vastly more beneficial and greater benefit to mankind than the likes of doctors/farmers/emergency workers.

SBCo. opts for damage control in CFS scandal

On Friday, David Wert, Public Information Officer for the County Administrative Office for the County of San Bernardino, sent an email to members of the board of supervisors and county department heads with talking points to use in response to the Fox11 Los Angeles report on the Department of Children and Family Services (CFS). Fox News aired a scathing report after a 3-month investigation by reporter Gina Silva.

Silva’s report contains numerous images of dead and abused children that whistleblowers say were victims of the system—a system without sufficient manpower to protect them combined with incompetent supervision and management. In some instances cases loads are more than double that of case load standard, thus not allowing for adequate supervision. In other instances social workers are simply not allowed to do what is necessary to protect children.

One whistleblower reported that social workers are being told to leave children in homes that are unsafe. Because of it, children are dying.

Despite the extremely graphic nature of the report, which aired on Fox 11 Los Angeles on Thursday night, no member of the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors has issued a statement or called for an investigation. They appear to be no hurry and have expressed no concern and no outrage.

“The CEO has scheduled a meeting with County Counsel and CFS leadership on Monday morning to review the status of this situation. The CEO will brief Board members following the meeting,” according to the email.

The tone of Wert’s email suggests the county is more about damage control than anything else. “Last night’s segment was sensational and graphic, with the gist being the County ‘ignored evidence of abuse and let children die.’”

“The report also confirmed indications that the station had no intention of airing a fair story: The reporter said she investigated for three months, but she did not contact the County until three days before the story aired, when she did contact the County she would not ask specific questions or cite specific cases, and she never asked for any documents to verify the accuracy of what she received from her confidential sources,” Wert continued.

Wert went on to say that CFS is verifying the authenticity of the information showed during the broadcast and will do its best to portray the cases “in an accurate light.” However, he said they are not comfortable “subjecting” county personnel to an on-camera interview with Fox11 because “we believe Fox11’s intent is to ambush and embarrass rather seek balance through facts and meaningful answers.”

Instead, the county is planning to produce its own video interview with the CFS Director Marlene Hagen and Assistant Director Jonathan Byers “presenting the County’s side of the story, as well as a more-detailed written statement and FAQs. This content will be offered to Fox11 in lieu of an on-camera interview.” The county provided a brief written statement to Fox11, which Fox11 posted to its website.

One insider told Examiner.com who will remain anonymous for fear of retaliation that for San Bernardino County Chief Executive Officer Greg Devereaux it is about image. “He doesn’t want the media or residents to believe there is anything substantial to investigate so it is about damage control. He doesn’t want the county imaged tarnished even if it means children die.”

Wert included the following short statements to Board of Supervisor members and department heads, along with a number of other points, if they should decide to discuss the issue with constituents or the media:

• Protecting our children is the County’s highest priority.
  • Tragically, child abuse and neglect occurs in every county and every state.
  • The law did not allow the County to remove the children in the TV story from their homes.
  • Our County works tirelessly to constantly improve our ability to protect children.
Wert also noted that as of the time he wrote the email, two citizens had contacted the Clerk of the Board wanting to communicate their concerns. He also said the CFS hotline received two emails, both of which could be considered to be threatening and that the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department had been notified.

Have you seen Mad Max Fury Road? It came out on dvd on the 1st if you missed it for some crazy ass reason. Pretty clear that everyone involved in that movies creation have provided a vastly more beneficial and greater benefit to mankind than the likes of doctors/farmers/emergency workers.
You amuse me Jack. :watching: <---- Closest I could get to Fury Road face. It was pretty bad ass.

Back