• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
2BB1723200000578-3211929-image-a-31_1440634594111.jpg

Alex Gomez, 36, was bitten on Monday by the 4-foot rattler in a field at his family's ranch in Lake Elsinore, a community about 60 miles southeast of Los Angeles, according to TV station KCBS, which showed a picture of the man holding the snake around his neck.

Alex Gomez's mother, Deborah, told KCBS on Tuesday that her son might lose his hand because of the bite wound to the extremity.

The skin on his hand and arm is now rotting, Mrs Gomez said.

'I'm shocked that he would have that thing around his neck,' she told the station.

'It could've bit his neck, and that would have been it. That's just being a fool.'

2BB1618D00000578-3211929-image-m-41_1440634639715.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-picked-photo-local-media.html#ixzz3k1Bsc9WS

At first i wanted to call him a dumbass, but then the pure ballsiness of this, the manliness, the in your face, fuck the consequences audacity, the "i'm a fucking man and i don't let anything scare me, i will rule over nature no matter the cost" attitude won me over.

This guy may be a fucking idiot of the lowliest caliber, but he's also a badass the likes of which none of us could ever dream of competing with or comparing to. You can all spew all you want out of your self righteous mouths, "uh no, he's just dumb. And the fact that i wouldn't do this doesn't show what a coward i am compared to this king among men, it just shows i'm not a complete fool", but the fact of the matter is this dude is as brave as they come and he makes all of us look like yellow pussies. No ifs, ands, or buts, we are but insects when it comes to brazenly tackling life and all its challenges and fears.

Hopefully he refuses to regret this decision. Hopefully that absurd, somewhat endearing and enviable level of arrogance wins out even now. Seriously, how much better would our lives be if we had even half of this mans confidence, think of what you'd accomplish if you truly put ZERO limitations on yourself? Who among us can say we actually lived our life that way? This guy did it, and it bit him, sure, but hopefully that doesn't kill that spirit. Hopefully he tells his dream killing, dull ass family members to cut the shit talkin, he's proud of what he did and would do it again with 2 snakes if he could go back, one around the neck and the other around what no doubt is one massive fucking real man cock. God dammit i like this guy!

Who cares if you're missing a hand when you have a sweet story and a pic like that to get you all the daredevil lovin, real man desiring, hot young poon you could ever want?

In the words of the immortal Lemmy...

Godspeed Alex Gomez. You forever have my respect and admiration.

A fool is a thing to fear, they'll get your ass killed in a heartbeat while they just keep on trucking, spreading their special brand of ignorance all over the world.

At first i wanted to call him a dumbass, but then the pure ballsiness of this, the manliness, the in your face, fuck the consequences audacity, the "i'm a fucking man and i don't let anything scare me, i will rule over nature no matter the cost" attitude won me over.

This guy may be a fucking idiot of the lowliest caliber, but he's also a badass the likes of which none of us could ever dream of competing with or comparing to. You can all spew all you want out of your self righteous mouths, "uh no, he's just dumb. And the fact that i wouldn't do this doesn't show what a coward i am compared to this king among men, it just shows i'm not a complete fool", but the fact of the matter is this dude is as brave as they come and he makes all of us look like yellow pussies. No ifs, ands, or buts, we are but insects when it comes to brazenly tackling life and all its challenges and fears.

Hopefully he refuses to regret this decision. Hopefully that absurd, somewhat endearing and enviable level of arrogance wins out even now. Seriously, how much better would our lives be if we had even half of this mans confidence, think of what you'd accomplish if you truly put ZERO limitations on yourself? Who among us can say we actually lived our life that way? This guy did it, and it bit him, sure, but hopefully that doesn't kill that spirit. Hopefully he tells his dream killing, dull ass family members to cut the shit talkin, he's proud of what he did and would do it again with 2 snakes if he could go back, one around the neck and the other around what no doubt is one massive fucking real man cock. God dammit i like this guy!

Who cares if you're missing a hand when you have a sweet story and a pic like that to get you all the daredevil lovin, real man desiring, hot young poon you could ever want?

All that bloviating aside Jack, he's just a fucking dumbass.

It's about what the action represents, rather then the action itself. No, i wouldn't want a snake myself nor would i wrap one around any part of my body. There's still a great deal to learn from this brave young man, whether you disrespectful folks are willing or intelligent enough to accept it or not.

And is Brenni black or is that current avatar not a pic of you? Pretty sure there's like 4 different people who've shown up in her avatar.

Feel free to worship the dumbass who probably thought he'd found the worlds biggest garter snake and had to get a selfie with it.

It's about what the action represents, rather then the action itself. No, i wouldn't want a snake myself nor would i wrap one around any part of my body. There's still a great deal to learn from this brave young man, whether you disrespectful folks are willing or intelligent enough to accept it or not.

And is Brenni black or is that current avatar not a pic of you? Pretty sure there's like 4 different people who've shown up in her avatar.

Pretty sure none of the dead actress I use are me. Shocking.

One way to look at it: The Darwin Awards would be impossible without this type of "BADASS" behavior. :cool:

• 1995: James Burns, 34, of Michigan, USA, died while attempting to repair his truck from underneath while it was still in motion. BADASS!
  • 1996: Polish farmer, Krystof Azninski, who “staked a strong claim to being Europe’s most macho man by cutting off his own head.” - with a chainsaw. BADASS!
  • 1997: In Holland, two men had their heads out of the window, singing in the wind, when the bus entered a viaduct. We can see where that's headed. BADASS!
  • 1998: 23-year-old Michael Gentner is said to have swallowed a five-inch-long live fish on a dare. BADASS!
  • 2000: A 19-year-old man named Rashaad died attempting to play Russian roulette with a semi-automatic pistol instead of a revolver. BADASS!
  • 2002: A Wisconsin man had a longstanding erotic game with his wife where she would place the barrel of an unloaded shotgun against his scrotum and he would tell her to pull the trigger. He lived but earned the Living Darwin Award for excluding himself from the gene pool. BADASS!
  • 2003: A British woman died attempting to smoke a cigarette out of the passenger door of a National Express coach moving at 60mph. BADASS BITCH!
  • 2004: An Italian named Fabio had quit his job as an ostrich farmer to drive trucks, and in his spare time built his own spy gadgets. In a pub with friends, he produced his latest invention: a single-shot pistol cleverly concealed as a pen. To prove it was worked, he pointed it at his head and clicked the button. It did. BADASS!
  • 2006: A 33-year-old man was found stabbed to death in his own house in Leicester, with no indication of a struggle and no suicidal tendencies. But an inquest solved the mystery: ‘Darren’ had bought a new jacket which he believed was stab-proof, but he had wanted to test its abilities. BADASS!
  • 2007: Michael Warner, 58, with a history of alcoholism, regularly got drunk by enema because a throat infection made it painful to drink them. But alcohol delivered rectally is more potent, so the two 1.5 litre bottles of sherry he consumed that night were more than enough to kill him. POOR ASS! I MEAN BADASS!
  • 2010: (See video below) After missing a lift, the man rolled back his wheelchair and repeatedly rammed into the doors in an attempt to force them open. He succeeded – but the lift had already gone. BADAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS...... (INSERT DOPPLER EFFECT)

• 2011: An Australian man plunged to his death from a seventh-story balcony because he had been ‘planking’ on its railing. Planking, in case you didn’t know, is a craze where people take photos of themselves lying flat as a board in unusual locations. BADASS!
  • 2013: “The death of a man who fell down an elevator shaft at Tampa International Airport last year was ruled accidental – if one considers forcing open the elevator doors, jumping toward the cables, and wrapping your arms and legs around them to slow your descent ‘an accident’.” BADASS!
  • 2014: Two men in Rotterdam, Netherlands, were killed in what seemed to be another drunken contest of machismo. One man lay down on the tracks, waiting for the train to pass overhead, while another simply kneeled down next to them with his head in the way of the train. Eyewitnesses told the Dutch media that they had been daring each other about how long they could wait until a train reached them. BADASSEES!
2015: NOT OVER YET! BADASSES, GO FORTH AND BE PRODUCTIVE!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...rwin-Awards-20-years-of-lethal-stupidity.html

1996: Polish farmer, Krystof Azninski, who “staked a strong claim to being Europe’s most macho man by cutting off his own head.” - with a chainsaw. BADASS!

Let's make a mockery of suicide, funny stuff.'

A lot of these sound like likely suicides. There isn't always clear indication of mental illness or depression you know, or i guess you prob don't cuz you just laugh at grotesque, "cute" little internet nonsense like this trash.

And i don't see what's badass about the head out of a moving vehicle accidents. And that's what they are, accidents. People who do that rarely realize the danger they're putting themselves in, not in full anyway. It's quite tragic, get a handful of such stories every year, often involving kids/young people. Let's go ahead and make fun of em in an attempt to show up some bloke a message board though! Vile.
Now if done on a dare while passing through some low clearance area, i might agree, otherwise not much of this makes sense.

Terrible, terrible attempt at establishing what amounts to a terrible, awful point.

Last edited:
Oh, @JackBurton, I hope his $100,000 dollar hospital bill reminds him of what a badass he is.

I agree, some people let finances run their life and ruin their relationships and overrall level of satisfaction and happiness with themselves and those around them. This guy likely isn't one of those people.

I'm all for being incredibly brave. But not so much for wrapping rattlesnakes around any body parts. Having said that, if he lives, he'll have a cool story that no one else will ever top, and probably a mountain of debt for his medical bills that he'll never pay off. Also, I gotta show you love for posting Motorhead. I love them.

1998: 23-year-old Michael Gentner is said to have swallowed a five-inch-long live fish on a dare. BADASS!

Wait... what?

Unless it was a lionfish or something, why would swallowing a live fish kill him?

Edited to add: I googled it, and he choked. Badas- no, lame.

Last edited:
Back