• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
HERE, NOW – I am Christopher “Morbid” Lee and I have been running Dreamin’ Demon since 2004. As a lot of you know, I have been fighting our server, off and on, for the last couple of months – but it has gotten a lot worse over the last week.

What started out as a hobby has turned into something else that strongly resembles a second job. The issue is that I never started the site to make money any further than paying for itself, and I still don’t. I just want to write horrible articles. I had no idea that we would find an audience of sick, twisted individuals that actually like reading the site on a daily basis.

This has caused us to upgrade our hardware and software multiple times through the last decade, and in that time I have been doing fine with the bit of money we got from ad revenue and Patreon donationsfrom our fans. But now the site has reached another milestone, and those methods are not going to help resolve our dilemma in the time frame we need it to. We need to upgrade the server, and we need to do it fast.

The high marks are when I publish an article. The low were the early morning hours.

So I set the fundraiser amount at $6000. I didn’t pull that number out of my butt, I simply took the monthly cost of an upgraded server ($500) and multiplied it by 12. I’m a genius. I am being as transparent as I can be, so here is my plan. I am sticking with our hosting service, Nexcess, because we have been with them since 2004 and they know our site. They are also very helpful and put up with me and my multitude of issues and dumb questions. Here are the dedicated server plans. We are currently using the 410 plan:

https://www.nexcess.net/hosting/dedicated-servers

The next tier would be the DS 510 at $ 399.95 a month or $359.95 annually (around $4300) plus the $120 a month Level 2 Management fee (another $1440), the latter ensures site backups, 24 hour tech support, stuff like that. Trust me when I say that this level of server management has saved the site’s ass more times than I can count. I write articles and look pretty, people, I leave the server admin stuff to the professionals.

If this fundraiser is successful and we surpass the $6000 mark, we can look at the DS 610 at $499.99 monthly or $449.95 annually ($5280 ) plus the $1440 server management cost for the year. regardless, there is no profit being made in the fundraiser. All of this will go towards paying for the server for the year, and I will provide the receipt once (if) we make the goal. No matter the scenario – we make the goal or we overshoot it – any extra funds will go towards things like getting a professional site design, more writers, getting our mobile app back up and running, t-shirts. Hell, all of the above!

Look, I have no idea if this will work – I am surprised people still come and visit the site as fanatically as they do. I just know that if we cannot get this done, the site will be in a sad state as I have done just about everything I can to keep it running as smooth as possible on what we are currently running on, and that is no longer cutting it. If this works, and we are able to upgrade to a higher tier server – and have it paid for a year or more – then that really frees me up to focus on nothing but what you come to the site for – reading horrible news.

Every single one of you better donate, and if you can't, share the link on your Facebook or other social media.

Give Chris the money.
If you give even a dollar, you will be helping our community.
The next time you spring for that soda, beer, pack of cigarettes, or gram of weed stop and put it here instead. Even just once makes a difference.
I'm pretty upset about all of this. I'll post more later.

Hear ye! Here ye!

I am willing to offer incentive to these donations. The site NEEDS this money.

For a donation of:
20$ or more, I will owe you a personal favor.
40$ or more, Got somebody you can't stand? I'll rip them a new asshole.
50$ or more, I will write one college level essay for you or one week's worth of homework in one class.
100$ or more, I will privately send you a nude of myself.
500$ or more, one private sideshow performance by yours truly in which you can staple shit to my body, see me walk on broken glass, observe me lie and stand on a bed if nails, and see me perform a flesh suspension from hooks in my back.
1,000$ or more, I will do all that sideshow shit completely nude.

Got some money to give? Want something from me in return? Let's work it out!

Seriously.

I will donate my weed funds.

I'm:( not happy about it.....but since its needed and I really do love this site. <3

I'll do it as soon as I put the cash on my card. . . . :sour:

Thanks due to @Macabre for agreeing to donate with her card for me after I send the cash to her. It's not a lot, but it's what I can chip in at the moment I'm afraid.

Mac, I need to go into town to get it sent, so will be on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks due to @Macabre for agreeing to donate with her card for me after I send the cash to her. It's not a lot, but it's what I can chip in at the moment I'm afraid.

Mac, I need to go into town to get it sent, so will be on Monday or Tuesday.

Yes. Wanted to point out she said if you don't have a card you can pm her and she will send you her address to send cash to, and she will use her own card to donate.

She's very trustworthy, so please donate what you can.

So, if we donate, and it's more than the 'Bold' amount, do we get to be bold? I'll donate anyway, I kinda like it here, (don't judge) but wondering, ya know.

So, if we donate, and it's more than the 'Bold' amount, do we get to be bold? I'll donate anyway, I kinda like it here, (don't judge) but wondering, ya know.

Sure. The issue is we have no way to keep track of it when a donation comes in outside the forums Bold procedure (it's done automatically). But if someone were to donate outside of the forum (via Paypal or this fundraiser), I have no issues Bolding them accordingly to the amount they paid in -- IF myself or @Subrosa are notified of the donation and the will to be Bolded.

Last edited:
Hear ye! Here ye!

I am willing to offer incentive to these donations. The site NEEDS this money.

For a donation of:
20$ or more, I will owe you a personal favor.
40$ or more, Got somebody you can't stand? I'll rip them a new asshole.
50$ or more, I will write one college level essay for you or one week's worth of homework in one class.
100$ or more, I will privately send you a nude of myself.
500$ or more, one private sideshow performance by yours truly in which you can staple shit to my body, see me walk on broken glass, observe me lie and stand on a bed if nails, and see me perform a flesh suspension from hooks in my back.
1,000$ or more, I will do all that sideshow shit completely nude.

Got some money to give? Want something from me in return? Let's work it out!

Seriously.

So I made a contribution... Now for my favor? Please, please, please PLEASE- FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING DON'T DO THE HOOK THINGY!!! I'm still kinda nauseous from seeing it last night!
:jawdrop::nailbiting::vomit::vomit::vomit::jawdrop::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: :dead:

:kiss:<3

Okay, this donation thing has been going on for a few days and it's only up to $220? Heck, those motherfuckers who fake an illness or something for gofundme get more than that in ten minutes. C'mon, people! This site has legions of fans.

I can't offer nice incentives like @Macabre did 'cause, let's face it, nobody wants to see me naked. In fact, few probably want to see me at all. Anything I offer will probably make people want to take their money back and never return. But damn, forget about me, do it for the site! Hell, just getting abused by @JackBurton on occasion is worth at least $20.

One day, when this site fucking owns the entire internet, you'll be proud to say, "Yup, I helped contribute to that... " and wax nostalgic like some old geezer on a park bench. Do you really wanna be one of those who scoffed and didn't give a nickel?

Heck, I could write reams of reasons why we all need to donate, but nothing says it like this:

Nell said so.

Last edited:
Alright, alright! Donated a little this morning, darn you, though I truly cannot afford it. Yes, I am currently poor. :sorry: Here's another truth: I love this place. It's weirdly therapeutic to discover people who aren't just sticking their fingers in their ears and la-la-la-ing through life, I get to indulge my natural attraction to stories about crimes and injustice, and it's also the place I come for a reliable smile or two—often by watching the Shoutbox fly by. Someday, I'll be bold enough to say something! So for the sake of my personal sanity, I've scraped out the wallet just for you guys! :D

Last edited:
Seriously guys, my husband lost yet another job yesterday.
I am working three jobs to support my family, and Morbid's crusty ass is getting a cut of atleast one paycheck on top of everything I've already put in.
We are all poor.
Y'alls' poor asses can come off of a dollar for housekeeping.
I'm keeping as much track as possible of who is donating. I swear if I see a single person bitch about lag, ads, or the site going down, and they haven't donated I will spread their viscera from one end of this forum to the other.
Do it.
Do it now!

Donation done and dusted but I'm not in need of a collage level essay written at the moment nor a weeks work of homework diligently and creatively done, I'm sure. My contribution came about as a result of my fear of Nell, she who must be obeyed. <3;)<3

Okay, this donation thing has been going on for a few days and it's only up to $220? Heck, those motherfuckers who fake an illness or something for gofundme get more than that in ten minutes. C'mon, people! This site has legions of fans.

I can't offer nice incentives like @Macabre did 'cause, let's face it, nobody wants to see me naked. In fact, few probably want to see me at all. Anything I offer will probably make people want to take their money back and never return. But damn, forget about me, do it for the site! Hell, just getting abused by @JackBurton on occasion is worth at least $20.

One day, when this site fucking owns the entire internet, you'll be proud to say, "Yup, I helped contribute to that... " and wax nostalgic like some old geezer on a park bench. Do you really wanna be one of those who scoffed and didn't give a nickel?

Heck, I could write reams of reasons why we all need to donate, but nothing says it like this:

Nell said so.
You actually do have something to offer.
Your customized avatar is pretty rad. You could offer to make the person a custom avatar for a specific amount in donation.

I just now saw the You Caring fundraising link. Will those that used paypal be included as having contributed as those who used You caring?

I have eight people I owe personal favors to. Pm me for them.
I have two of those eight that can designate a person of their disliking for an ass chewing along with help with some form of tedious work or research (since I'm pretty sure they don't need essays or homework done).
Pm me for your rewards. All requests will be kept private.

Okay DD family I get paid bi weekly but I will send over the next few weeks what I can. Love this site too much to not help <3

ok I don't like the you caring pages etc... Can I use the "pay for someone else to become bold" to donate 20 bucks.. and just put Morbids name as the person i want to bold? i am assuming that goes directly to you all with no little cut taken out?

I'd like to donate but would rather not from my CC. I do have PayPal which comes from my account. Any way I can do that?

You can just use the Paypal button on front page, or bold yourself. either way, it all goes to the same pot.

Okay, this donation thing has been going on for a few days and it's only up to $220?

To be fair, it has only been active for 24 hours.

Will those that used paypal be included as having contributed as those who used You caring?

Yes. It won't show up in the YouCare amount, but it all goes to the same pot.

ok I don't like the you caring pages etc... Can I use the "pay for someone else to become bold" to donate 20 bucks.. and just put Morbids name as the person i want to bold? i am assuming that goes directly to you all with no little cut taken out?

You can do that, or you can just use the Paypal donate button on front page. Or better yet, just re-bold yourself for another year.

I was hoping that re-bolding yourself would work, I can't afford both so i'll just become embolden a couple months early. Without this place I wouldn't have nothing to do everyday except clean house and who wants to do that?

But it will have to wait til the middle of next week but it's coming.

Last edited:
I coulda sworn I'd seen the blurb about this for at least three days now...it's been only 24 hours? Cause that was one long-assed 24 hours.

I'll get to it, geez, I promise. . . . I'm just actually wanting to make a donation not out of my weed funds, so I'm working a few extra hours this week for next weeks paycheck.

I'm sorry, I really need my weed. I don't mind the extra hours tho cause its for a good cause. But I get paid almost every Friday. If not Friday then Monday. So....hang tight.

You can just use the Paypal button on front page, or bold yourself. either way, it all goes to the same pot.

To be fair, it has only been active for 24 hours.

Yes. It won't show up in the YouCare amount, but it all goes to the same pot.

You can do that, or you can just use the Paypal donate button on front page. Or better yet, just re-bold yourself for another year.

I got excited that you quoted me. Then I realized you misquoted me. Cause I never said that.
No nudes for you.

Omg omg omggggggggg why do I keep checking the total-- like the money is coming to me or something?!? :hilarious:

....uhhhh maybe cuz it is, in the form of shitty news and a cool place to chill, with a few friends along the way...

Come on guys- this place, this fantastic place we have all come across, and keep flocking to NEEDS our help, as much as we needs DD!!!

(Keep in mind, this upgrade is needed cuz we keep coming back.. Upgrade = new server = DD = happy demonites) The world is a much better place when you keep the demonites happy:smug::smuggrin:

Back