• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
It's not dangerous like you're making it out to be. Stop it

It is pretty dangerous. A lot of worthless trash resides in our nations cities, and pretty much all of Ohios major ones are some of the shittiest out there, cincy included.

Pete is right on with his description of the town. Truly an awful, awful, awful place full of awful people.

Not even a good analogy.
The analogy was intended as a jest, but regardless, all folks have different levels of comfort with different situations. I moved to the south from NJ, and I live in a predominantly black area. It is very rural, or "country" and we bought a lovely little house on almost an acre at a very reasonable cost. My friend from NJ came to visit and as I was driving her down our country roads to show her my house she remarked that the area was scary. It was her opinion of the area, it was not something she was used to. It didn't mean she was racist.

ETA: I am also not saying that racism doesn't exist, but we really don't need to look for it to see it is there, do we?

I don't think he intentionally meant to shoot the guy in the head, but pulled the trigger in a sort of knee jerk reaction.

Having your weapon drawn and pointed means that you're preparing to kill whatever your target is. Slow the video down to .25, and you can see that this is a point blank execution.

If the cop had to initiate a high speed pursuit and some innocent was injured or killed, he'd be demonized for that too.

Why would he have to initiate a high speed pursuit.... over a missing front license plate? They already had his license plate, and if he runs, let him go, and book him later. Cops should be trained to de-escalate situations, not get baited into aggravating them.

@Anubis, what I'm saying is... A lot of people are scared of people just because they're a different race.
To be quite blunt, lately I'm eyeballing cops. Why? Because of what's going on in the world and I don't know a whole lot of them. Just 3. And one soon to be cop.
But cops aren't a different race, so THAT analogy is dumb.

I understand @Valasca but perhaps the best way to go forward is to not assume a person is racist because they say they would keep their windows rolled up, I assume that there are also white folks in Cincinnati...

As far as the police go, they don't come out as far as I live in less than 2 squad cars, I was last pulled over 4 years ago and was polite. He gave me a warning and asked me to please drive slower if only for the sake of my daughter, so I really don't have a horse in that race.

I gotta assume everyone is racist. That's me, though.
I'm not convinced when I hear people say they aren't.
Well, except interracial couples. for some reason I believe them.

I gotta assume everyone is racist. That's me, though.
I'm not convinced when I hear people say they aren't.
Well, except interracial couples. for some reason I believe them.
Does this mean I'm racist now but wasn't before? What if... *thinks* what if I've been in more interracial relationships than not, but ended up in a non-interracial marriage? I didn't marry him because he's white... but I also didn't date anyone because of their respective races. I think I need a spread-chart now.

Herp. I said that's my thoughts.
It doesn't make a person racist simply because you don't date a different race.
We are all CONDITIONED racists.

She was also right about Cincinnati's level of "scary."

I've been there, driven all over the city at night, "forgot" to lock my doors, and I was just fine.

The bizarre configuration of one-way streets was pretty scary, though, and the random construction was frightening. But the roller-coaster-themed exit ramp to one of the bridges, coupled with semis that are allowed to race through the city at highway speeds, was downright dangerous.

Conditioning can be a powerful force, but we are not caged dogs. We have the ability to reason. Equally importantly, we have the ability to create the necessary conditions to decondition ourselves.

So if my father was terrified of spiders (or Martians) and he tensed and became wary every time he was in the presence of one, as a child I might pick up that tension and wariness. Without ever realizing why, I might become uncomfortable and feel unsafe around spiders or Martians. As I grow, however, and learn that spiders have an important role in the ecosystem, I might grow to respect them. As I study them, I become familiar with them. Over time, I no longer have a conditioned reaction of tension and wariness when I see a spider.

Around this time, it becomes clear to my developing mind that there is no logical correlation between a person's race and their worth. Later, my college roommate is a Martian. At first I am afraid to go to sleep with him in the room, because I feel so tense and unsafe around him. I laugh at my own illogic and bear a few sleepless nights. Eventually, I become aware of the many things we have in common. I begin to see a person when I look at my Martian roommate. I begin to react to him based on our relationship rather than on his green skin. I have successfully deconditioned myself, and by the time my daughter brings home her Martian fiancé for the first time, I am concerned only with questions about his character and whether or not his birth canal will accommodate her half-Earthling offspring.

Anyone with a decent mind knows that the color of a person's skin could not possibly have anything to do with his or her value as a human. If "you" are an adult of normal or above intelligence and "you" are still racist, it's time to look at what racism does for you psychologically. Because you just are not stupid enough to believe that bullshit on a rational level.

I wasn't trying to indicate that you meant that I, in particular, was racist, just so you know. ;)

I am curious what you mean by the above quote though? Are you talking about things like society in general believing that men of African descent are better endowed, or that Asians in general are shitty drivers? That kind of conditioning?

Like... crossing the street when you see a person of color wearing baggy pants, a wife beater and a ball cap.
Like... assuming most people on welfare are black women with 5 or more kids.
Like... saying something along the lines of "I'm surprised he's so articulate." Wait, you're surprised he speaks English?
Surely I have more examples, but my brain is tired after being up since 430am and it's almost 8pm.

All I'm saying is, pay attention to your thoughts. You'll realize you're more racist thank you think. (And by "you" I mean everyone.)

Like... crossing the street when you see a person of color wearing baggy pants, a wife beater and a ball cap.

I cross the road for anybody wearing baggy pants, a wife beater and a ball cap after the street lights come on. Just saying. :confused:

LMAO I think we have ENOUGH angry black women. Only problem is, their angry about the wrong things

Yeah...you think that they might be angry at the abortion industry that kills more black babies than a million cops do...or that maybe they would be infuriated at the welfare state, promoted by the Democratic Party, which has kept them sucking on the government teat for the past fifty years...but no...they're angry about worthless criminals being killed by police officers.

Last edited:
I think I got 10 craps from this thread alone.
Seems I'm right in my assumption that whites don't want blacks in charge.
Racist much?
Fuck outta here.

Back