• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I think it is best to just be yourself and not waste time worrying about what other people think.
No, I don't worry about what others think...I was merely trying to present another side to the argument of anger vs. tolerance - which one better gets the point across while keeping the conversation flowing? It was just an afterthought.

Thanks.

Adrian Jerry Gonzalez, who went by A.J., is accused of luring the child to his Santa Cruz, Calif. apartment Sunday evening where she was sexually assaulted and murdered.

The teen was arrested shortly after her body was found in a recycling bin outside their apartment complex, a little more than 24 hours after her mother reported her missing.

Gonzalez was standing near the bin, directly below his second-floor apartment, when her body was discovered by a detective around 8 p.m. Monday, police said.

His charges include one count of murder, two counts of sexual offenses, kidnapping by lying in wait and other sexual assault charges.

"He's looking at life in prison," District Attorney Jeffery Rosell said at a press conference Wednesday.

Police believe Gonzalez killed the girl before her mother even dialed 911 to report her missing. Surveillance video last captured her riding around on a Razor scooter around 5 p.m.

"She trusted him to the point that she went to his apartment voluntarily," Santa Cruz Police Chief Kevin Vogel said Tuesday of her alleged killer.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lt-murder-madyson-middleton-article-1.2308194

There's about 18 tons of shit I'd like to spout off about this POS right now...but I won't. It won't bring that child back. It won't help heal the families. And it sure won't balm my damn soul.

I just hope he is amply punished for what he has done, and that somehow, he serves as an example that may prevent another death.

The teen was arrested shortly after her body was found in a recycling bin outside their apartment complex, a little more than 24 hours after her mother reported her missing.

We've seen this before. Do they want to get caught? The recycling bin is the one someone is definitely going to sort through, so the body will be found if you put it in there, you knob!

I never understood the mentality of wishing the repeated rape of a juvenile, no matter what they have been accused of doing. So odd.
It's funny to me that whenever a dog that has been abused and neglected attacks someone, nobody says "rape the dog for the rest of its life!" or "shank it in the kidneys!" No, they blame the owner.

Both parents and owners deserve blame, of course.

That said, people are people, and dogs are fucking animals. A 15 year old knows right from wrong, no matter what shit they went through growing up. They're responsible for their actions, 100%, in a situation like this. I can perfectly understand why someone would want a piece of shit like him to suffer, kinda baffled how someone could be of your position on it actually. I get where you're coming from, but how can you not understand the level of anger and disgust towards him? Who cares if he's 3 years shy of 18 if he did something this heinous? Fuck him.

It can be quite cathartic to think/know a rotten bag of meat and bones like this kid will suffer greatly. People like when good things happen to good people, and we like when bad things happen to bad people. It's perfectly natural.

Last edited:
New gruesome details emerged late Wednesday about the murder of 8-year-old Madyson Middleton, among them how her suspected killer allegedly duct taped, raped, strangled and stabbed the child before throwing her body in the trash.

Adrian Jerry Gonzalez, 15, of Santa Cruz, California, has been charged as an adult in connection to the child's death at the Tannery Arts Center housing complex over the weekend.

Middleton, known to everyone as ‘Maddy,’ was reported missing Sunday night and was found dead in a recycling bin at the apartment complex Monday night.

Gonzalez, Maddy’s neighbor, is expected in court later today to face a half-dozen felony charges, including murder with special circumstances, kidnapping with special circumstances, and four counts of sexual assault.

One of the assault counts mentions use of a deadly weapon as an aggravated circumstance, reported the station KRON4.

A search of Adrian’s now-defunct Instagram account painted a portrait of a disturbed young man, possibly suffering from depression, who may have been harboring suicidal thoughts.

In recent weeks, Gonzalez posted a series of cryptic messages hinting at his inner turmoil, according to reporting by the New York Times.

'Wears all black to try and look powerful and hide the crippling anxiety,' he wrote of himself in one post. 'Towards the future and the constant worry that I’ll never find someone who loves me.'

The last message appeared on the page Monday, the day Maddy was discovered dead. The post included a video showing what appeared to be Gonzalez's fingers on a keyboard playing the song 'Mad World' by the band Tears for Fears.

The clip was accompanied by a post that included lyrics from the song’s refrain: 'The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I ever had.'

Mad World famously appeared on the soundtrack of the 2001 cult classic Donnie Darko, which tells the story of a troubled teenager who is tormented by visions of a giant rabbit that manipulates him into committing a series of crimes.

Since Gonzalez's arrest Monday, more information has emerged about his behavior during the search for Maddy.

Neighbors said the 15-year-old, who was known in the area for his prowess with a yo-yo, showed unusual interest in the case and kept asking searchers about the missing girl.

Neighbor Setorro Garcia told San Jose Mercury said that Gonzalez seemed obsessed with Maddy's disappearance.

At one point, Garcia recalled that he told the teenager: 'Dude, you're the only one asking me.'

Other residents in the tight-knigt artist's community were taken aback by both the child's brutal murder and Adrian's arrest.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-girl-raping-murdering-her.html#ixzz3hODh4Pso

Authorities have not yet said the cause and manner of Maddy’s death because results of an autopsy have not been released publicly. Citing an anonymous source Wednesday, the San Francisco Chronicle reported that Gonzalez used ice cream to lure Maddy into his mother’s apartment, then strangled and killed her with blunt force trauma to the head.

News reports said Gonzalez’ motive was that he was suicidal and wanted to see the reaction to Maddy’s death. Santa Cruz Police Chief Kevin Vogel said earlier this week he did not know if the teen suffered from a mental illness.

Gonzalez, who was set to enter 10th grade at Santa Cruz High School in the fall, is expected to be arraigned Thursday morning.

Maddy was found dead about 7:55 p.m. Monday in a recycling bin in a ground-floor parking garage at the Tannery Arts Center, where she lived with her mother. Gonzalez also lived in the red apartment complex on the third floor with his mother.

During a massive search triggered by a 911 call just after 6 p.m. Sunday, Gonzalez blended in by participating and asking leaders for updates.

Tannery resident Setorro Garcia said he practically had to shoo away Gonzalez because of his incessant questions about the status of the search. At one point, Garcia said he told the teen: “Dude, you’re the only one asking me.”

Santa Cruz police detectives found Maddy in a cardboard-recycling bin just paces from where a surveillance camera had last photographed her outside the apartments. Gonzalez watched detectives uncover her, and police detained him seconds later. His mother screamed and struggled with police as he was taken for questioning.

Video footage, Maddy’s belongings found by police and witness statements are the pillars of the case, Santa Cruz police have said. Media reports say Gonzalez confessed his crime to police though Wednesday, Santa Cruz police said they were done talking about it.

At the Tannery, friends of Maddy and Gonzalez continued to express disbelief about how a shy teenager could rape and kill a scooter-riding 8-year-old on a Sunday afternoon.

“That kid (Gonzalez) has been in everybody’s life. That’s why it’s so hard to believe. That’s why it’s such a shocker,” said Andy Ruble, a 43-year-old sculptor who has an art studio at the Tannery.

Ruble said Gonzalez was usually alone and often asked him about his art. Gonzalez’ interest in yo-yo tricks was new, although he excelled at it and was practicing for a potential bid in a National Yo-Yo Contest in Redondo Beach on Sept. 25, Ruble said.

“Just a year-and-a half ago he was just a little kid. He did a lot of growing up. He’s always just been around the quad.”
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...ged-as-adult-in-brutal-homicide-of-8-year-old

The luring with ice cream detail rips my heart up. She went with someone she trusted, thinking she was going to have a treat, and instead she was assaulted, raped, and murdered. Such things should not be.:rage:

Gonzalez’ motive was that he was suicidal and wanted to see the reaction to Maddy’s death.

What utter crap! I imaging he's getting an idea of the reaction now. :mad::mad::mad:

The kids disturbed , I bet he planned that crime for a while - saw Maddy ( or other children) playing and plotted to get one alone ASAP.

Can you imagine him alone in his room with his yo-yo ( what a dick ) and playing his shitty music on his fucking crappy keyboard , acting all teen melancholy on a blog then all of a sudden deciding raping and murdering a little one was a good idea? Bet he was plotting some sick shit for ages .

He had no remorse or panic after too - I think he enjoyed the search and everything that went with it , knowing Maddy was nearby all along .

Young Psychopath .

He looks like a man too - no kid features as I had expected to see.

Let's hope he never gets the chance to destroy another child and their family ever again. It's a lost cause with those that commit these crimes of this nature - bad seeds do bad deeds.

In court Thursday, Gonzalez was appointed public defender Larry Biggam and Leila Sayar of the Santa Cruz law firm Biggam, Christensen & Minsloff. When Volkmann asked Gonzalez if he would waive his right to a speedy trial, Gonzalez softly said, “Yes.”

Defendants often waive time so defense attorneys can gather information and build their cases.

Outside court, Biggam said he needed to review facts of the case before he could comment on a potential defense.

“This case is extremely tragic and devastating to two families and the Tannery Arts community and many more people in this county and beyond,” Biggam said.

Biggam said he was just appointed to the case.

“I think at this point you in the media know far more about the case than we in the public defender’s office do,” Biggam said. “Our job is to review the evidence and conduct our own investigation.”
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...earance-in-court-in-8-year-olds-rape-homicide

The luring with ice cream detail rips my heart up. She went with someone she trusted, thinking she was going to have a treat, and instead she was assaulted, raped, and murdered. Such things should not be.:rage:

What utter crap! I imaging he's getting an idea of the reaction now. :mad::mad::mad:
Agree on all counts. I hate to even speculate here but he sounds like a very disturbed person who probably thought about taking himself out but didn't want to die a virgin. I bet he was afraid of being caught and that was the reason behind his hovering during the search. I heard he cried like a baby when he was put in cuffs.

Last edited:
Biggam said he needed to review facts of the case before he could comment on a potential defense
I can't wait to hear it...

I know that he is only 15 but what he did was monstrous and I have a hard time coming up with any defense to it all.

I guess everyone should have twins so their child will never have to play alone.

:mad: This guy and the people who raised him.

A.J. Gonzalez flew solo,
his only companion a yo-yo.
Depressed and alone,
he sought hole for his bone;
now his ass will become a train depot.

Last edited:
I can't wait to hear it...

I know that he is only 15 but what he did was monstrous and I have a hard time coming up with any defense to it all.
My mom is a therapist and I showed her the following article and asked what she thought. In her opinion he had rage due to a bad environment along with no protective factors (no help, resilience, no good genes, no good role models, nothing). He felt victimized and weak (likely was molested as a child in addition to the abuse mentioned) so he picked on someone weaker. He is also a psychopath in her opinion. The expert in the article says that being a sociopath is ruled out because he talks about himself in a self deprecating way on social media, however that does not rule out psychopathy as it basically just means that he has no feelings or empathy for others at all. It will be interesting to hear what comes out at trial. Youth Advocates in the Bay Area are speaking out against charging him as an adult now.

Raised in a castle or in a lowly keep, people find reasons to hate no matter their neighborhood or the domicile they live in. Individuals with the need to feed their hate will never run out of sources to draw it from.

Raised in a castle or in a lowly keep, people find reasons to hate no matter their neighborhood or the domicile they live in. Individuals with the need to feed their hate will never run out of sources to draw it from.
True, but there are always contributing factors, IMO. And for the sake of preventing crimes it is important to learn them & intervene early on.

Colliefreak said, True, but there are always contributing factors, IMO. And for the sake of preventing crimes it is important to learn them & intervene early on.
While I can see the value of looking at contributing factors, It's one thing to be aware of them but in prevention of crime you may as well try to control contributing factors to prevent bad weather. They are so unpredictable and varied that presently they remain beyond our reach as far as prevention. The best we can do currently is apply contributing factors to use toward intervention when possible.

Colliefreak said, True, but there are always contributing factors, IMO. And for the sake of preventing crimes it is important to learn them & intervene early on.
While I can see the value of looking at contributing factors, It's one thing to be aware of them but in prevention of crime you may as well try to control contributing factors to prevent bad weather. They are so unpredictable and varied that presently they remain beyond our reach as far as prevention. The best we can do currently is apply contributing factors to use toward intervention when possible.

You have to give credit to colliefreak...America is churning out these kids the same way they turn out anything else on an assembly line. One right after another.

“There is no way on earth that a 15-year-old could have fully comprehended what he was doing,” said Barry Krisberg, a University of California, Berkeley criminologist who has long been involved with juvenile law in California.

“He might be able to recount the events that resulted, but the notion that he comprehended the consequences of his action flies in the face of all the science we know,” Krisberg said.

Bull Fucking SHIT! He knew enough to trick her into his apartment, kill her then conceal her body. Maybe he's not Einstein, but he's not brain damaged either, obviously he knew that hitting her, stabbing her, and whatever else he did, that I don't want to know, would result in her death. Even a 5 year old knows that.

This is what's wrong with some kids now, they're getting excused because they "couldn't possibly understand". !00 years ago, some 15 year olds were working men with families to support and they managed to understand what they needed to do, what has changed in the brains of our youth today, I think nothing, just psychologist type people making excuses for them.

Bull Fucking SHIT! He knew enough to trick her into his apartment, kill her then conceal her body. Maybe he's not Einstein, but he's not brain damaged either, obviously he knew that hitting her, stabbing her, and whatever else he did, that I don't want to know, would result in her death. Even a 5 year old knows that.

This is what's wrong with some kids now, they're getting excused because they "couldn't possibly understand". !00 years ago, some 15 year olds were working men with families to support and they managed to understand what they needed to do, what has changed in the brains of our youth today, I think nothing, just psychologist type people making excuses for them.

Oh, he comprehended. Just because his brain is still maturing, doesn't mean he doesn't understand what he did is wrong. He may not yet understand the full scope of the harm he's caused, but that's not the same thing. Is this criminologist a defense expert yet?

Oh yeah he knew what he was doing, he may not quite yet fully comprehend what's going to happen to him as a result of what he did to Madyson, but he accomplished what he set out to do, now he needs to take the punishment. Man enough to beat, rape and kill an 8 year old with malice aforethought, man enought to take the prison time.

If 15 year old cannot comprehend the enormity of their bad deeds then they really have no business driving, working, or any of the other millions of things that teenagers do everyday of the year. They need to be kept inside and sheltered to protect them from themselves. It's insanity to think a 15 year old couldn't comprehend that what he was doing would lead to her death. If he didn't comprehend it, why did he do it where no one else could see or stop him?

I am so sick of the excuses given to psychopaths - yes , early life and childhood abuse and trauma causes hell and often a lifetime of problems , but it's not a always a factor , some people would be bad no matter how they were brought up .

Myself and my siblings were abused and witnessed every hell known to man, but my brother wrapped his arms around me to protect me from beatings and walked me to school barefoot in the snow so I could get a free school meal . He never raped and murdered or abused and neither did I or any of the people I know who had it just as hard - in fact , the vilest people I knew and know have all had decent average or privileged upbringings .

It makes people who have overcome battles by birth look bad when defence use those excuses in court - it's not the case that the abused go on to abuse as a sure cert - you only hear that excuse in defence trials especially the pedos who LIE that they were victims so they did it too - true survivors will tell you that's horse shit. I'm not talking about the genuinely disturbed but the ones who really didn't have you much to rebel or get mad over except their own dark souls and hearts .

I'll be more willing to believe that this boy was loved and maybe spoilt at home and just a freak loner as some are and that sweet girl paid the price .

I totally agree. And my psychologist mother (who used to evaluate prisoners at San Quentin) was livid when I read her that quote, so while those in the profession are generally pretty nutty, they aren't all stupid like that guy.

Back