• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
29mljkj.jpg

An 18-year-old Wyoming man accused of robbing and shooting three members of a family after asking for roadside help told investigators he opened fire after one of the victims laughed at him....

Jason Shane, 51, and Tana Shane, 47, died in the Wednesday shooting in the small town of Pryor...

Their daughter, 26-year-old Jorah Shane, was shot in the back when she tried to run away, and she is recovering in a Billings hospital, the woman's aunt, Ada Shane, said.

Two FBI agents interviewed Deniz on Wednesday, and Deniz acknowledged shooting three people with a .22 caliber rifle and then driving away in their car, McGrail's statement said.
Deniz told the interviewing agents that he shot the victims because he was getting tired of waiting around, and because the daughter had laughed at him," the statement said.
Jorah Shane recounted to her relatives the events leading to the shooting. Her mother, Tana Shane, drove by a young man parked on the side of the road who told her he had run out of fuel, Ada Shane said.

Tana Shane went by her house, picked up her husband and daughter, and they drove back to the stranded car, Ada Shane said. The man pulled a gun and held it to the temple of 51-year-old Jason Shane.

He ordered the father to stop the car and told everybody to get out, Ada Shane said. He told the family to give him their money, but the family said they had only change because they recently returned from a religious revival in Window Rock, Arizona.

The man told the family to start walking. Tana Shane told her daughter in their Native American language to run. Jorah Shane told her aunt that she heard a shot, started running then heard bullets whizzing by her head. She fell, heard another shot, and started running again toward a church just as a car was pulling out.

She ran to the car, and the frightened driver leaped out, Ada Shane said. Jorah Shane jumped in the driver's seat and drove to her house with the shooter still firing at her, the aunt said.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-montana-shooting-victim-laughed-fbi-article-1.2310469

The daughter is recovering in hospital,
and it sounds like she was able to tell them exactly what happened. Glad they got him so quickly.

Good call. My bad let me correct myself.

This asshole wiped out 2/3 of a family- leaving a young adult daughter parentless, cuz he ran out of gas?!? :(

I read the other day that it was because the daughter "laughed" at him... even if she did, so what? Is he so special that he can't be joked with? smdh...

Oh, c'mon BG, you should know that running out of gas is no laughing matter. How was the to know he would run out?? Its not like there's some type of gauge or something in a car that tells you exactly how much gas you have. And if there were its not like your car gives an annoying beep sound as you start to run low!! How was he to know?? I wouldn't have laughed.

Oh, so after some googling.....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:.......cars DO tell how much gas you have in them. Silly me. Laugh on. Guess you're right....he's too special to be joked with.

Tana Shane told her daughter in their Native American language to run
Just another one of Obama's "Dreamers," doing a job that most Americans don't want to do.

Huh? Shooting Native Americans is a job Americans don't want to do? I'm pretty sure Americans LOVE shooting Native Americans and stealing their land! You may want to put down your copy of Mein Kampf and read a book on American history.

Huh? Shooting Native Americans is a job Americans don't want to do? I'm pretty sure Americans LOVE shooting Native Americans and stealing their land! You may want to put down your copy of Mein Kampf and read a book on American history.

Americans "love" stealing land from Native Americans? That is still happening? I live in the present. I mean...it isn't 1880, is it? Is Rutherford B. Hayes president?

August 08, 2017

Federal prosecutors are seeking life sentences plus a mandatory 60 years on gun crimes for a Wyoming man convicted of murdering a Pryor couple who had stopped to help him and assaulting their daughter along the road in 2015.

Jesus Yeizon Deniz Mendoza, 20, of Worland, Wyoming, is set to be sentenced on Thursday in U.S. District Court in Billings.

Mendoza’s defense attorney is recommending Mendoza be sentenced to four days for the assaults plus the mandatory 60 years saying that would be a “fair and just sentence.”

Mendoza pleaded guilty in March to two counts of second-degree murder and other crimes for the July 29, 2015, killing of Jason Shane, 52, and his wife, Tana Shane, 50, and wounding their daughter, Jorah Shane, 24.

In addition to the murder counts, Mendoza pleaded guilty to assault with intent to commit murder, assault with a dangerous weapon and three counts of using a firearm during crimes of violence.

The gun counts carry mandatory consecutive prison sentences totaling 60 years.

A plea agreement calls for first-degree murder charges to be dismissed at sentencing if U.S. District Judge Susan Watters approves the deal.

The prosecution had said earlier it would seek life sentences on the murder counts and maximum sentences on the other crimes.

The life recommendation exceeds a sentencing guideline range of about 19 years to 24 years for the murder and assaults. A life term is the maximum prison penalty for second degree murder.

Last year, the U.S. attorney general decided, after an extensive review process, not to seek the death penalty in the Mendoza case.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/cri...cle_6a644f17-ad32-5667-902f-1e5c145f2aee.html

More at the link.

Mendoza’s criminal background and history, the prosecutor said, could be summed up into “one unavoidable conclusion: Mental illness coupled with substance abuse led to inexplicable, unimaginable violence.”

Mendoza’s records show he has suffered from severe mental illness since he was 13, and while he got treatment as a teen, he was also abusing substances, including alcohol, marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, opiates, LSD and spice, which is a synthetic drug, Suek said.

Born in Mexico, Mendoza suffered physical and sexual abuse as a young child, which led to him and his mother coming to the United States. He was raised by his adoptive parents in Wyoming, attended school in Worland, got his GED in 2014 while incarcerated at the Wyoming Boys School and has a minimal work history.

Assistant Federal Defender David Merchant countered in court records that a life sentence “gives up on” Mendoza. “A life sentence provides no hope,” he said.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/cri...cle_6a644f17-ad32-5667-902f-1e5c145f2aee.html

Does Federal Defender David Merchant think that Jason & Tana Shane have any hope of coming back. I can feel compassion for his troubled life but he does not deserve to ever be in society again.

55be7f7177654.image.jpg

Tana Shane

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back