• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
Emergency services were called to reports of a child that had stopped breathing at Shaw Road South in Shaw Heath, Stockport, on Wednesday night.

Two-week-old Florence Liberty Mae died in hospital before a post-mortem examination revealed she had multiple injuries, police said.

Matthew Higham, 23, of Shaw Road South, was remanded in custody and will appear at Manchester Crown Court on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-33730104

I had a little one with colic. It was incredibly stressful because I knew she was in pain and I couldn't make it go away. I tried everything and anything to ease her suffering even a little, and some things did seem to help a little. Warm baths, car rides, rocking if she was in the right position, setting her bassinet on the counter while the dishwasher ran, her slightly older brother patting her.

The thing is that all my anguish was because she was suffering. That's why I have no sympathy for these parents. They didn't kill this baby because they were trying to ease its misery. They killed it because they were trying to hurt it more to punish it for aggravating them.

I had a little one with colic. It was incredibly stressful because I knew she was in pain and I couldn't make it go away. I tried everything and anything to ease her suffering even a little, and some things did seem to help a little. Warm baths, car rides, rocking if she was in the right position, setting her bassinet on the counter while the dishwasher ran, her slightly older brother patting her.

The thing is that all my anguish was because she was suffering. That's why I have no sympathy for these parents. They didn't kill this baby because they were trying to ease its misery. They killed it because they were trying to hurt it more to punish it for aggravating them.

Me, too. Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt. Didn't harm or kill anyone.

My girl had wretched colic for what felt like years. The only thing that helped was karo syrup. I love that shit so much for fixing her the feelings are almost sexual.

I was never told by a Dr that my daughter had colic, I took her a number of times to the dr's and they just kept telling me she was fine and to try this and that ..so I just came to the conclusion, my daughter just did not like me..I can laugh now ( she is 24 ) .. But back than it was so hard and when I would get to my breaking point ..I put her in her crib ..and went outside.. To me that was abuse and it took me awhile to forgive myself and come to the terms that taking a time out ..letting her cry was the RIGHT thing to do...

Parents ..WALK AWAY.. TAKE A BREAK ..

I'm with y'all that had a colicky baby. Not only did he and I both survive and thrive, he also has a younger brother.

I wouldn't wish a colicky child on anyone but once you're through it, all the horror of it seems to magically disappear and having another seems like a good idea.

Back