• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
This horrific message was posted on the victims Facebook account:

http://m.imgur.com/1XAEvBi

Here is the full news article:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/disabled-missouri-teen-gypsy-blancharde-found-safe-after-mother-slain/

What kind of a sick, and twisted mind would do something like this? I hope they catch the sicko who is responsible...

(I hope I posted this article in the right thread? I wasn't sure where to post it?)
WTF?? That FB message made my stomach turn!

Ya know, Gypsy could have turned her mother into authorities, claimed she was a victim, and probably would not have been held liable for the scam. Also, moving forward,could have claimed she was still a victim, mentally and emotionally crippled by her mother's evil scam, and still gotten public assistance! But she ran away with a few thousand dollars, was caught right away. Now she can spend the rest of her life in prison, still supported by the tax payer.
She may have plotted, but she could not think it through, she chose the angry vengeful violent solution.
Her mother screwed her up big time, then she finished the job on herself with the biggest screw up of all. She never had a chance.
I agree with you, mostly. However, if she was raised in an environment where her mother clearly had complete control over her, she probably didn't know how to go to authorities; she probably thought she herself would get into trouble too because of the scams. In her mind, she may have thought that getting rid of the root of her problems--mama--was the only way out. I'm not saying she's right, I'm just saying I can see why she did things the way she did...a little...

Greene County Prosecutor Dan Patterson read aloud haunting messages that he said were sent from Gypsy Blanchard to Nicholas Godejohn, both charged with murder

“You may not need to put on the gloves because we will sink it so it’s never found.”

A judge ruled Friday afternoon that those texts, along with other evidence, were enough to move Gypsy’s case toward trial as Gypsy herself sat silently wiping tears from her face with shackled hands for most of the preliminary hearing’s three hours.

The state’s case — which aims to prove that Gypsy asked her boyfriend, Godejohn, to kill Gypsy’s mother, Clauddinnea “Dee Dee” Blanchard — began with two separate witnesses from the Greene County Sheriff’s Office

[…]

Jim Stanley, a supervision sergeant with the Greene County Sheriff’s Office, described his entry into the Blanchards’ home

[…]

As Stanley sat at the witness stand, the shuffling of crime scene photos the only noise in the courtroom, Gypsy rocked back and forth in her chair, staring straight ahead.
[…]
Stanley then described aloud a series of photos taken of Clauddinnea’s body, face down in a pool of black, dried blood. The “numerous” stab wounds to her body, a “deep cutting mark” on the back of her neck.

Patterson asked Stanley if he had checked Clauddinnea for vital signs upon finding her.

“No respiration?” Gypsy began crying softly. “No pulse?” Gypsy’s head sank.

Then, Stanley finally said it. “She was deceased.” Gypsy began visibly shaking as she sobbed.

Stanley also noted the discovery of an envelope at Godejohn’s residence in Wisconsin containing an 11-inch knife and bloody blue latex gloves.

In his cross-examination of the witness, Michael Stanfield, Gyspy’s public defender, noted that “Volunteer” — the name of the street where Gypsy has lived for years — was misspelled on the envelope.

Stan Hancock, a criminal investigation division detective, discussed the contents of a backpack and suitcase found in Godejohn’s residence, as well as eight pages of Facebook records.

Stanfield and Patterson dueled over the validity of the Facebook records for sometime, although they were eventually accepted as evidence. They refer to Blanchard being packed and ready for a trip.

In his cross-examination, Stanfield asked if Hancock had found any records specifically showing Blanchard asking Godejohn to kill her mother. Hancock stated he had, but did not want to say anything without exact wording.

The last witness, Michael Costello, was a computer forensic examiner for the Springfield Police Department. Patterson submitted a series of text messages that Costello had pulled from phones he said believed to belong to Gypsy and Godejohn.

Some of the text messages Patterson read aloud, which he said were from Gypsy to Godejohn:

• “I will text you. We are doing this tonight.”

• “Will you need an anxiety med to calm you after?”

• “You may not need to put on the gloves because we will sink it so it’s never found.”

Several messages that Patterson said were from Godejohn to Gypsy:

• “Honey, you forget I am ruthless, and my hatred of her will force her to die.”

• “It’s my evil side doing it. He won’t mess up, because he enjoys killing.”

Stanfield did not cross-examine Costello, and shortly after, Judge Ronald Carrier ruled there was enough evidence to move the case forward, closer to a trial. An arraignment was set for July 31.

One particular message read by Patterson stood out near the end of the hearing, one he said was from Gyspy to Godejohn.

“We will be happy soon. After this night, we will never bring it up.”
http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...court-judge-moves-case-toward-trial/30639935/

Messages from Godejohn to another person say Gypsy Blanchard changed her mind “about killing her mom.”

One of Godejohn’s messages, with some apparent errors, reads: “Yes, she said she wants to see how our original plan goes first with me meeting her and her mom and such and I guess she said wanted to only do it as a last resort, sis.”

Another Godejohn message asked the person, “How crazy do u think Gypsy is? U won’t hurt my feelings or anything I really wanna know since I just obviously can tell she is I just can’t seem to put in words how crazy I think she is.”

The person advised, “I would not ever kill my mom or anyone else unless they tried to kill me first.”

Godejohn replied the only reason he could understand is “because how unreasonably poor her mom treats her but since it is a last resort thing who knows maybe it won’t even have to happen.”

The warrant also describes posts made after Dee Dee was found dead, that Gypsy and Godejohn were traveling back to Big Bend, Wisconsin.

The warrant is seeking information from more online profiles for Gypsy Blanchard and others.
http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...nline-messages-court-documents-show/30614885/

I don't know enough details to know what this woman's punishment should be, but damn! Her mother sure reaped what she planted.

No death penalty.
A southwest Missouri prosecutor says he will not seek the death penalty against two people who are charged with first-degree murder in the June slaying of Clauddinnea “Dee Dee” Blanchard.

The Springfield News-Leader reports, Greene County prosecutor Dan Patterson said Monday he doesn’t believe the cases against Gypsy Blanchard and her boyfriend, Nicholas Godejohn, meet the aggravating factors needed for a death penalty case.
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2015/11/10/no-death-penalty-for-couple-who-stabbed-the-womans-mother/

Wonder why he thinks it doesn't meet the criteria?

Really? I think the Mother deserved it. Her mother was manipulative and abusive. Seriously there was no way this mother was going to let her daughter grow up, live a life of her own. Her Mother was a con artist who used her child in countless scams. This is what happens sometimes when children try to break free. Whatever hatred Gypsy had for her mother, I have no doubt whatsoever that Mom earned it.

Really? I think the Mother deserved it. Her mother was manipulative and abusive. Seriously there was no way this mother was going to let her daughter grow up, live a life of her own. Her Mother was a con artist who used her child in countless scams. This is what happens sometimes when children try to break free. Whatever hatred Gypsy had for her mother, I have no doubt whatsoever that Mom earned it.
While I agree with you, I don't think whether or not the victim deserved it is part of the criteria used for considering the use of the ultimate punishment. ;)

While I agree with you, I don't think whether or not the victim deserved it is part of the criteria used for considering the use of the ultimate punishment. ;)

I personally think the death penalty is underused...Not used in Canada at all which is a shame. So what is the criteria anyway? School me if you know...Because Canadian and I really do not know.

I live under four layers of law: Federal, State, County, and City. Bear that in mind; it is different from Canadian law in that many of the responsibilities of the state are absorbed by the province or by the Canadian federal government.

At the American federal level, the only death penalty crimes I can think of are treason and use of a weapon of mass destruction in a terrorist action. That is not to say there aren't others; that's only to say I can't think of any others at the moment.

Something like 35 American states (out of the 50) allow the death penalty to be used. The American Federal Supreme Court, under the doctrine of "Incorporation", has ruled that those states that use the death penalty must reserve it only for those cases where somebody died and that the use of this ultimate sanction must be reserved to those cases where the manner of the victim's death was especially heinous. Somebody skidding on the ice and wiping out a family in a mini-van would not meet those criteria. We have had some cases presented here that do meet those criteria though.

Hope this helps.

--Al

I live under four layers of law: Federal, State, County, and City. Bear that in mind; it is different from Canadian law in that many of the responsibilities of the state are absorbed by the province or by the Canadian federal government.

At the American federal level, the only death penalty crimes I can think of are treason and use of a weapon of mass destruction in a terrorist action. That is not to say there aren't others; that's only to say I can't think of any others at the moment.

Something like 35 American states (out of the 50) allow the death penalty to be used. The American Federal Supreme Court, under the doctrine of "Incorporation", has ruled that those states that use the death penalty must reserve it only for those cases where somebody died and that the use of this ultimate sanction must be reserved to those cases where the manner of the victim's death was especially heinous. Somebody skidding on the ice and wiping out a family in a mini-van would not meet those criteria. We have had some cases presented here that do meet those criteria though.

Hope this helps.

--Al

Thanks...it did. plus I googled it. I think there were 41 different offences. Murder in the course of a drive by drug related shooting, reading it I was thinking that the government really wants to protect the drugs and the dealers because you can cut up people and rape kids over and over again and not get the death penalty. That's pretty fucked.

A 24-year-old who was accused of murdering her mother with a man she met on a Christian dating website will only face 10 years in prison.

Gypsy Blanchard admitted to planning a murder plot against her mother, Clauddine 'Dee Dee' Blanchard, 48, as part of a plea deal to avoid a first-degree conviction, which carries a life sentence.

Gypsy's attorney Mike Stanfield said Clauddine held her daughter prisoner, barred her from attending school and pretended she was disabled in order to gain thousands in government money.

Gypsy's boyfriend Nicholas Godejohn, 27, is still facing a first-degree murder charge in connection to Clauddine, who was found dead in her Springfield, Missouri bed on June 14, 2015.

When you look at this case, it's a murder. And it's a first-degree murder. But it's also one of the most extraordinary and unusual cases we have seen,' Greene County Prosecutor Dan Patterson told theNews-Leader.

He acknowledged the abuse Gypsy suffered at the hands of her mother, and said he thought the second-degree murder conviction the 24-year-old received was 'more appropriate'.

Stanfield said Gypsy did not go to school after kindergarten before adding: 'Her mother would not allow her to spend any time alone with any other human being. Her mother, when they went to the doctor, did all the talking.'

Gypsy and Godejohn met on ChristianDatingForFree.com, starting an online relationship for two years before exacting a plot to murder Clauddine so they could be together, a search warrant has revealed.

Authorities allege the couple stabbed the mother - who reportedly did not approve of their relationship - in the home she shared with her daughter.
[…]
Godejohn then mailed the murder weapon - a knife given to him by Gypsy - to his home in Big Bend so that he wouldn't be caught with it, police said.

He will faces a first-degree murder charge when he goes on trial in November.
LINK

That poor kid. I felt sorry for her since we learned that she was being kept like a prisoner for her mother's benefit, but that story just makes you wanna cry for her.

Thanks for the link @Muriel Schwenck

What a remarkable young woman...It makes perfect sense to me that they killed her.

Doctors are a pretty big deal, you have one Doctor who cares and is POWERLESS,

the other one loves your mother because she is making him rich, several others who are

Lazy and not helping. So what else is there ?

Cops are a big deal, but cops go to doctors. And at some point Gypsy became the

smartest person in the room.

The BOYfRiEND -- I'm torn on him. Like I know he's a killer and everything, and here

I am thinking he deserve a medal.

All those doctors and their brains and then these kids ... CURED! We did it ourselves.

Dee Dee Blanchard gave birth to her hostage and held her captive and fed her lies everyday of her life, it really is no wonder that this girl had to kill to get away from her.

Wow, just finished watching Mommy Dead and Dearest :jawdrop:

It's been said before, but reading the first post on this thread, I would never have imagined all these twists and turns.

I think if Gypsy hadn't done what she'd done, she'd have eventually ended up dead herself, and mom would have wallowed in all the sympathy to boot. She wasn't ever going to let her live normally, she had papers drawn up declaring Gypsy incompetent...

No wonder she thought killing Dee Dee was the only way out. 10 years is too much.

The boyfriend, that's another story. What the Fuck is his excuse? I don't know how he thought this was going to work out...

Last edited:
Yeah I posted early on making fun of the goofy looking killers. Then more news came out and I watched the HBO doc on the case and now I feel nothing buy sympathy for her. Amazing how her mom manipulated the health care system.

Yeah I posted early on making fun of the goofy looking killers. Then more news came out and I watched the HBO doc on the case and now I feel nothing buy sympathy for her. Amazing how her mom manipulated the health care system.

Calling those doctors irresponsible is a severe understatement.

Maybe its as simple as he loved her (gypsy).

I have no doubt he did love her, but it takes a special :penguin: kind of person to go to these lengths.

I mean, he could have helped her run away or supported her to help give her the courage to tell her story.

I don't feel bad for Dee Dee, I just think that guy's dangerous and more culpable.

I just think that guy's dangerous and more culpable.

I think they both romanticised the whole thing. And I think they're both damaged.
She is sick in a way her mom never seen coming ... the irony. What a pig. (her mother I mean)
Every time I think of this story I think about Natural Born Killers, cause I bet it was a lot like that. I hope it was ... Anyway ... she's fucked. (gypsy, I mean) And I think she always will be a little fucked.

Last edited:
http://fox2now.com/2017/12/10/trial-delayed-for-man-accused-of-killing-girlfriends-mother/

The first-degree murder trial of a 28-year-old Wisconsin man charged in the stabbing death of his Missouri girlfriend’s mother has been postponed.

Nicholas Godejohn, of Big Bend, Wisconsin, had been scheduled to go to trial this month. But the Springfield News-Leader reports it could now be nearly a year before he goes before a jury.

Godejohn is charged in the June 2015 death of 48-year-old Clauddine “Dee Dee” Blanchard at her home in Springfield. Authorities says Godejohn killed the woman so he and her daughter, Gypsy Blanchard, could be together.

Gypsy Blanchard pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 2016 and was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Prosecutors have said Dee Dee Blanchard abused her daughter and forced her to pretend for years that she was disabled to raise money.

Looks like autism is the new hobgoblin introduced in Godejohn's trial.

Gypsy Blanchard's Bombshell Testimony At Nicholas Godejohn's Trial

November 16, 2018

By: Catherine Townsend

Gypsy Blanchard took the stand today and spoke up in defense of her former boyfriend, Nicholas Godejohn, who is currently on trial for killing her mother, Clauddine “Dee Dee” Blanchard.

The 27-year-old, who is currently serving a 10-year sentence for her role in the murder, said she came up with the idea to kill her mother and convinced Godejohn to go along with it.

[...]

Dr. Kent Franks, a Springfield psychologist, took the stand and said it would be difficult for Nicholas Godejohn to deliberate because of his autism spectrum disorder.

Franks said in court that Nicholas Godejohn has an IQ of 82, which he classified as "low-average." He also said Godejohn struggles with his memory and processing speed — and often forgets to shower or brush his teeth.

Later in the afternoon, Robert Denney, a psychologist, said he examined Godejohn and diagnosed him with autism spectrum disorder “level one” – which is a less severe version of the autism spectrum disorder.

The trial continues.

For more on this case, watch Investigation Discovery's Gypsy's Revenge on ID GO now!
Link

--Al

@Satanica @cubby
Feb 22, 2019

29-year-old Nicholas Godejohn has been sentenced to life in prison

He will not be eligible for parole under the sentence ordered Friday.

The sentence was the only one possible after he was convicted in November of first-degree murder in the June 2015 death of 48-year-old Clauddine “Dee Dee” Blanchard.

Defense attorneys argued for a lesser charging, saying that Blanchard’s daughter, Gypsy Blanchard, manipulated Godejohn into killing her mother in order to escape from an abusive home life. She already is serving a 10-year prison sentence.

Back