• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

laurac919

HACKENSACK, N.J. – A two-year-old girl is alive thanks to a quick thinking manager at a Hackensack Costco, who alerted a Bergen County Sheriff’s police officer that she was trapped inside a hot van.

Desperate moments were caught on cellphone and then posted to Facebook and viewed more than two million times since Thursday.

The Facebook video shows a 2-year-old girl sitting inside a parked minivan at a Costco parking lot, located at 80 South River St., waiting for her mother to finish grocery shopping.
[...]
She could be heard wailing from inside the van on this hot, humid day. The scared little girl was “sweating profusely” and crying in the car seat.

Officers quickly rushed to her aid and smashed the glass to open the minivan door.

The video shows them picking up and hugging the crying girl after the fact. And when they took her out, the child was drenched in sweat.

The officers started running the minivan’s license plate to find the parents. But less than a minute later, the mother, Chaeyoung Lim-Kim, with another child on a shopping cart, walked right up with a full cart of groceries.

She responded with a “sorry” when one of the officers asked if the kid was hers.

The officer quickly reprimanded her, saying “No sorry. She could have died!”

Witnesses at the scene say how it was in the car– like an oven.
[...]
The mother was arrested and charged with child endangerment and released on her own recognizance.

The two-year-old girl sweating in this unbearable heat was sent to the hospital and is now in the custody of her father.
http://pix11.com/2015/07/31/video-o...-inside-hot-minivan-at-hackensack-costco-lot/

She took one kid in with her but left the baby? My older girl would not let me leave her sister behind. She's six. And apparently smarter than this woman.

This seems to be fairly common place within certain segments of the Asian immigrant community, which makes me wonder if this is allowed in some countries.

Well, we all know there are countries in which mothers mutilate their newborns with scissors and the babies are released back to them after they get out of the hospital. Fathers beat toddlers and nothing happens. Teachers kill kindergarten students and get reassigned to a different kindergarten. People do horrible things to children in some cultures and no one ever thinks to protect the children. And, frankly, in some cultures a girl baby is expendable. If one dies, then no one cares. I would not be even a little bit surprised to find out the child she took inside was a boy. Maybe even an older boy.

The officer quickly reprimanded her, saying “No sorry. She could have died!”
Good on the officer.

I watched the video before and I agree that the mother seemed shocked and upset. I'm glad the officer let his emotions take over and at least scolded her right there.

This seems to be fairly common place within certain segments of the Asian immigrant community, which makes me wonder if this is allowed in some countries.

I think we are witnessing Asian natural selection. The poor little 2 year-old girl was behind in her calculus and mom decided death was better than an average intellect bringing shame to the family.

....<sarcasm>

Nah, mom was just too lazy to wake the girl and bring her into Costco. Idiots like her always think they'll be in for "just a minute" but sweet Jeebus, she went into Costco! That always takes a long time! *dumbass*

Well, we all know there are countries in which mothers mutilate their newborns with scissors and the babies are released back to them after they get out of the hospital. Fathers beat toddlers and nothing happens. Teachers kill kindergarten students and get reassigned to a different kindergarten. People do horrible things to children in some cultures and no one ever thinks to protect the children. And, frankly, in some cultures a girl baby is expendable. If one dies, then no one cares. I would not be even a little bit surprised to find out the child she took inside was a boy. Maybe even an older boy.
And unfortunately in our lovely country the eye for a eye punishment is out'the window'''''great country we are'wit'the justice'system!

Back