• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...253490-3790-11e5-9d0f-7865a67390ee_story.html

From the beginning, firefighters and police were suspicious about a fire last month that erupted at 3:30 a.m. inside a Toyota Corolla on the side of a Montgomery County highway.

The driver, a 33-year-old woman, was found lying face down outside the car, screaming in pain. The car doors were locked. Inside, a small child lay motionless on a rear floorboard. Rescuers tried to get to him but couldn’t.

On Friday, authorities revealed the outcome of their six-week investigation: First-degree murder and first-degree arson charges against 33-year-old, Narges Shafeirad.

Police say that before setting the fire, she poisoned her 5-year-old son, Daniel Dana, with a large dose of Diphenhydramine, an antihistamine used in allergy and cough medicine. Investigators believe she set the fire as part of a cover story to try to throw them off.

Capt. Darren Francke, commander of the Montgomery County police department’s major crimes unit, said an exact motive is unclear, but may be linked to a bitter divorce and custody battle over the boy between Shafeirad and her husband. She remains hospitalized with burn injuries.

Francke said investigators have a good idea of what brand of medicine Shafeirad gave her son, but he declined to say at this point in the case. He described the quantity as an entire bottle. “It was an excessive amount. It was an extraordinary amount. . .She forced him to drink it,” he said.

Inside the car, Shafeirad doused the interior with gasoline and started the fire, police said. Daniel was already dead. “Thankfully he did not have to suffer from the fire,” Francke said.

Fire investigators determined the fire started in the front seat area, officials said. Francke said he did not think that Shafeirad intended to take her own life. “I don’t believe she wanted to kill herself,” he said.

Last edited:
Omfg. She's a monster.

From the beginning, firefighters and police were suspicious about a fire last month that erupted at 3:30 a.m. inside a Toyota Corolla on the side of a Montgomery County highway.

The driver, a 33-year-old woman, was found lying face down outside the car, screaming in pain. The car doors were locked. Inside, a small child lay motionless on a rear floorboard. Rescuers tried to get to him but couldn’t.

Police say that before setting the fire, she poisoned her 5-year-old son, Daniel Dana, with a large dose of Diphenhydramine, an antihistamine used in allergy and cough medicine. Investigators believe she set the fire as part of a cover story to try to throw them off.

This bitch has been hiding under a rock!! Murder your own child then try and set him on fire to throw off investigators, has she not watched any of the 99 crime shows out there? They always always do an autopsy especially with suspicious deaths! I hope her burns get infected and she dies a slow horrible death overlooked by police and medical professionals. What a waste of a previous life....

So a whole bottle of Benadryl, set fire to the car, suffered a bit, got out, and locked the doors on her kid? Wtf kinda story did she give the cops? Not only sad as hell but extremely poorly planned out

I used to wonder what could possibly motivate a mother to take the life of her child when I was a young mother and felt the wealth of unconditional love that pass between mother and child. Unfortunately after reading so many cases of mothers that kill their children I wonder no more. Their children were evaluated in a cold, gain verses loss sense prior to elimination. I guess these creatures misread the motherhood memo. It's selflessness and not selfishness.

Police: Mother Drugged Son, Set Car on Fire

2015+Narges+Sharfeirad+Daniel+Dana.jpg

Daniel Dana (5) and Narges Shafeirad (33)

A mother forced her 5-year-old son to drink a bottle of medicine and then set the car that he was riding in on fire, killing him, police said.

They charged Narges Shafeirad, 33, with first-degree murder and first-degree arson. The little boy has been identified as Daniel Dana.

Daniel was likely dead before the fire started, Montgomery County Police said at a news conference Friday.

Shafeirad was embroiled in a bitter divorce and custody battle with her husband, police said. The couple was due in court on the day of the car fire for a hearing.

The charges end the mystery over the car found crashed and burning in Montgomery County, Maryland, early June 16. A fire and rescue crew driving through the area discovered the burning 1993 Toyota Corolla near the westbound lanes of Sam Eig Highway (Route 370) near Fields Road.

The car seemed to have crossed the center median of the road, police said.

At the scene, paramedics found the mother face down outside the car, screaming in pain. The doors of the car were locked.

After paramedics began putting out the fire, they noticed the boy on the rear floorboard, but they could not get to him because of the fire.

The boy's mother was taken to an area burn unit with second- and third-degree burns to 40 percent of her body, where she is still recovering from burns sustained while starting the fire, police said Friday.

The scene immediately raised questions for the officers who responded. It became apparent "there was something suspicious about this death," said Capt. Darren Francke, director of Montgomery County Police's major crimes division.

The fire was started with gas in the front-seat area of the car's passenger compartment, they said, not under the hood.

The boy was forced to drink the antihistamine diphenhydramine, the active ingredient in over-the-counter medications like Benadryl, police said.

Sickening twist: Mom poisoned young son before fiery car crash, police say
GAITHERSBURG, Md. —A 5-year-old boy who was found dead inside a burning car in Gaithersburg was murdered, Montgomery County police said.

Narges Shafeirad, 33, claimed a fire had started and her car crashed off Route 370 on June 16, killing her son, Daniel Dana. But police now believe the crash and fire were staged to cover up a murder.

"Daniel Dana was murdered. The cause of death was Diphenhydramine intoxication and the manner of death was a homicide," said Capt. Darren Francke of the Montgomery County Police Department.

Shafeirad is now charged with first-degree murder and arson.

Police said interviews with the mother and toxicology tests revealed that she forced her son to drink an entire bottle of allergy medicine commonly known as Benadryl, which caused a fatal overdose.

Police said Shafeirad then took her son's body, put it into her car and drove off. While driving, the mother allegedly started a fire in the front seat with gasoline and then crashed the vehicle with her dead son inside.

When first responders arrived, police said she claimed it was all a horrible accident.

"Narges Shafeirad, Daniel's mother, intentionally overdosed him, which caused his death and then set fire to the vehicle," said Capt. Francke.

Authorities said Shafeirad was in a bitter custody and divorce case against the victim's father. A hearing was scheduled for the day of the homicide.

Neighbors tell us the boy's father is devastated. According to Gislene Andrade, "It's very very sad. He cried, hugged us and said my little boy is gone."

Andrade and several other neighbors tell FOX 5 Shafeirad seemed distant at times. They were afraid something was not quite right at the home.

"It was a very strange situation, one day she is very happy the other day she doesn't look at you or even say good morning," said Andrade.

Shafeirad received second- and third-degree burns over 40 percent of her body as a result of the fire, but police said they do not believe the mother planned to kill herself.

Shafeirad is under arrest, but not in jail. She is under guard at an undisclosed hospital and still recovering from her burns. Authorities were asked if she has undergone a mental evaluation and police say, so far, she has not.

Right now, Satan is relaxing in Hell, reading this story, and thinking, "Damn. That's fucked up."

After paramedics began putting out the fire,
Paramedics don't fight fires, that would be firefighters who do that.

Shafeirad is under arrest, but not in jail. She is under guard at an undisclosed hospital and still recovering from her burns.
Fuck that. Throw her burned ass in jail, fuck the pain she might feel and I'd pray she got a fucking infection. She doesn't deserve the comfort of a hospital and medical treatment.

What a selfish act I mean the father wanted the child she was so busy scheming at hitting him where it hurt the worst that she failed to realize she will now enjoy the rest of her pathetic life in jail alone. Only the memory of her baby's face as she forced him to drink the Benadryl then watching him die, moving his body to the car and burning his body. I'm 1000% sure her actually getting injured was an accident while starting the accelerant.

On Thursday, Shafeirad pleaded guilty in Montgomery County Circuit Court to killing Daniel last year by forcing him to swallow a lethal amount of cold medicine before setting her car on fire and staging a crash to mask her brutality. She faces up to 50 years in prison at her sentencing in December.

“This was a tragedy from every angle,” said Melanie Creedon, Shafeirad’s attorney. “She truly loved her son.”

Shafeirad showed little outward emotion as details of her crime were read in court as part of her guilty plea. She stared straight ahead, blinking and occasionally wiping her eyes.

Daniel was forced to ingest at least 338 milligrams of diphenhydramine — the active ingredient in drugs such as Benadryl.

The amount was more than would be in an entire bottle of medicine and a dose that would have been lethal to anyone.

“Daniel had two-and-a-half times the concentration of diphenhydramine in his heart-blood than what would kill an adult,” Ayres said.

At some point on the night of the murder, Shafeirad wedged her son’s body behind the front seat on the rear floorboard of her 1993 Toyota Corolla. It’s unclear when Daniel died, but the killing happened before Shafeirad doused the inside of the car with gasoline and ignited it.

Speaking with detectives, she insisted that she and Daniel had been on their way to the beach in June of last year and that she had gasoline with her as a precaution in case she could not find an open gas station.

“She stated that while driving with the bottles of gasoline in the car to Ocean City, she lit a cigarette and the car started on fire,” Ayres said.

Shafeirad was charged in July last year with first-degree murder and first-degree arson. She had been facing a jury trial in September.

As she pleaded guilty Thursday, neither Shafeirad nor her attorneys explained why she killed the bright, curious young boy. Some of that information is expected to be aired during her sentencing hearing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8ce05a-54be-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-sen...l-antihistamine-dose-staging-fiery-car-wreck/
GAITHERSBURG, Md. -- A Maryland woman has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for giving her 5-year-old son a fatal overdose of antihistamine before setting her car on fire with the boy inside.
[....]
An autopsy revealed Daniel died of a Diphenhydramine overdose in 2015 after prosecutors say Shafeirad forced him to swallow medication containing the antihistamine, which is found in over-the-counter cold remedies like Benadryl. Prosecutors said she continued the dose every two to four hours until the boy was dead, reports the Washington Post.

“I was a broken woman,” Shafeirad before her sentencing Monday, according to the paper. “I am still not able to believe that I have lost my son.”

Prosecutors say Shafeirad then tried to stage a wreck after putting her son’s body inside the car, dousing it with gasoline and setting the vehicle on fire beside a Montgomery County highway. Responding police and firefighters found Shafeirad lying outside the car.

The woman reportedly suffered burns on 40 percent of her body and was hospitalized for a month.
[....]

Prosecutors said she continued the dose every two to four hours until the boy was dead

What in the everloving fuck... it was bad enough already but she slowly and systematically poisoned him. At any time she could have stopped before it was too late. But no, she wanted revenge on her ex so bad, Daniel had to die... slowly. I can imagine her waking him up periodically to make him take more, the best I can hope is he went peacefully. My kid's father was horrible during our custody case but not once did it occur to me to take it out on her.

Back