• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-jer...sh-left-behind-by-atm-worker/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

MAHWAH, N.J. -- The search is on in New Jersey for a man in a van who police said drove off with a bag filled with tens of thousands of dollars that was accidentally left behind by an employee of an ATM company.

CBS New York reports that surveillance video shows the costly mistake made by employees at ATMForUs.com in Mahwah.
[....]
worker is seen leaving a building at 31 Industrial Avenue. Police said he was reloading ATMs and was carrying $141,000 in a small, unmarked bag.He sets the satchel down and walks around to the back of his car before getting in and taking off.
[....]
"At some point the person who was supposed to have the bag realized that it wasn't in the car with him," said William Hunt with Mahwah police. "But at that point, he was seven miles away and called back to the office to see if it was still curbside where he had left it."

Unfortunately, it wasn't. Surveillance video then shows a passenger of a white work van picking up the bag full of money and driving away.
[....]
Police said once the worker who left the money behind returned and realized what happened, an ambulance needed to be called for him. Other workers in the same building can't believe what happened.

"I'm shocked, I'm really shocked," said Judy Recca. "I'm shocked that it could happen in the first place and that someone could be so stupid to take it without thinking they're going to get caught."

Police are now hoping the people who took the bag will do the right thing and return it.
[....]
Cops believe they are looking for a 1999 GMC Savana work van with a glass panel and sliding door.

I saw this on the news this morning. They were hypothesizing that the worker is in on it too, I have to say that I'm leaning that way myself.

It all looked quite convenient. Why set the bag down? It was small, tuck it under your arm, hold it between your legs, open the damn car door and put it in. But then a nondescript white van pulls up, notices it and grabs it, quickly.

Maybe it was a mistake on the worker's part but Goddamn it looks very convenient right now.

I think the last place I would set a bag full of money down is on the ground.
I wouldn't do it with five dollars. What makes a person that casual about 141k?

Hinky.

If you can forget your baby in the car, then, I suppose, you can forget $141,000, ain't enough to start a new life for 2 separate sets of people. But I'm sure if the driver is involved that van is long gone, torched, ditched in a pond, something.

Back