• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
Haven't seen any names yet. It happened yesterday.

SENEGALESE woman has been charged with the murder of her six-week-old daughter.

The 26-year-old is accused of slitting the throat of her youngest child near Newcastle yesterday morning.

The woman’s sister-in-law rang emergency services about 9am after finding the baby girl inside the Wallsend home.

It is understood the woman’s husband and her seven-year-old daughter were at a local hospital for an appointment when the child was allegedly murdered.

The family had only been in Australia a year and police needed a French interpreter before charging her early Friday evening

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...d-near-newcastle/story-fni0cx12-1227455068856

Dear God in his high heaven, you'll find I say that frequently when I read the incomprehensible involving a child. This mom must have been suffering from an off the charts case of postpartum depression and more than likely not receiving treatment for it. I wonder if language also might have been a barrier when trying to express her symptoms to medical personnel if she was seen for a six week check up? She had to be displaying symptoms of severe postpartum for it to reach the level of taking a knife to her infants throat. Tragic.

*unbelievable heart ouchie* I really hope if she's still fertile when she gets out she chooses not to get pregnant again until there's some kind of effective treatment (if ever), or she has a truly anchored, committed, support system around her who understands the signs/symptoms of PPD/PPP if, in fact, that's what it was. :( :( :( I can't even let my mind go to the visual...

PPD + "already fuckin nuts" maybe...PPD or PPP alone...I doubt it. Aside from being a PPD sufferer myself...now under control with meds so my coo coo is back in the clock...I know sooooooooooo many people who want a baby and can't for whatever reason and fuck faces like her pop out a healthy, precious child then fucking kill it. It's a level of depravity that sticks with me a becomes a part of me. The part of me that causes distrust and disgust in the human race. Rest in peace baby. :(:( I'm in the middle of my birth control cycle...I think its making me weird.

Dear God in his high heaven, you'll find I say that frequently when I read the incomprehensible involving a child. This mom must have been suffering from an off the charts case of postpartum depression and more than likely not receiving treatment for it. I wonder if language also might have been a barrier when trying to express her symptoms to medical personnel if she was seen for a six week check up? She had to be displaying symptoms of severe postpartum for it to reach the level of taking a knife to her infants throat. Tragic.
I dnt understand how anyone could do'this to a fucking baby let alone her own baby!! she needs to be held accountable ppd or not this is so awful

There is no god.
Shit like this makes me agree

*unbelievable heart ouchie* I really hope if she's still fertile when she gets out she chooses not to get pregnant again until there's some kind of effective treatment (if ever), or she has a truly anchored, committed, support system around her who understands the signs/symptoms of PPD/PPP if, in fact, that's what it was. :( :( :( I can't even let my mind go to the visual...
Part of her sentence should be having a hysterectomy!! She slit her babies throat!! She needs to die in prison and never be able to' get out

Last edited by a moderator:
I dnt understand how anyone could do'this to a fucking baby let alone her own baby!! she needs to be held accountable ppd or not this is so awful
I was not in any way trying to make excuses for this mothers actions. I was only looking at what may have led up to them, such as PPD/PPP. Others observing this mother had to see the struggle she was having and observing signs and symptoms and the severity of them. That's why I find this case so tragic, it appears she didn't receive treatment and on top of that was left alone with the infant.

@bugsmom12
You disliked my comment. Do you have some sort of proof to sway my opinion? Because I see pages and pages of proof that there is no god. Surely if there was a god, This little baby would be worthy of his almighty attention !? Or was this baby some sort of sinner that deserved what she got? Enlighten me.

clear.png
Dislike x 1
bugsmom12

I'm starting to think that babies should be taken from their mothers for a period of time after birth. You know, like how newborn hamsters are removed from the cage so the mother doesn't eat them.

There is no god.

@bugsmom12
You disliked my comment. Do you have some sort of proof to sway my opinion? Because I see pages and pages of proof that there is no god. Surely if there was a god, This little baby would be worthy of his almighty attention !? Or was this baby some sort of sinner that deserved what she got? Enlighten me.

clear.png
Dislike x 1
bugsmom12

Surely we as human beings must bear the weight for our actions, be they beatifically good or heinously evil.

@bugsmom12

clear.png
Dislike x 1
bugsmom12
I disagree. I clicked one little button, that's all(i didn't realize the thumbs down button was DIRECTLY connected to "keepalows-whatever" fuel for the fire on his/her chance to challenge any such "believers" that dare not agree with such a little statement. It's easy to say there is no God. I admit it takes a strong, loyal soul to believe in something without any solid "proof" but in the words of Reba Macintire "The Heart Won't Lie" :) And maybe look into some Xanax Keepalow. You seem a little edgy....;)

I disagree. I clicked one little button, that's all(i didn't realize the thumbs down button was DIRECTLY connected to "keepalows-whatever" fuel for the fire on his/her chance to challenge any such "believers" that dare not agree with such a little statement. It's easy to say there is no God. I admit it takes a strong, loyal soul to believe in something without any solid "proof" but in the words of Reba Macintire "The Heart Won't Lie" :) And maybe look into some Xanax Keepalow. You seem a little edgy....;)
Gee whiz, I thought I was civil in my question to you.
And no, not edgy at all. Are the words pot and kettle ringing any bells for you.
If I might ask, (unless its too private or too touchy of a subject) what religion are you?
Edit to ask
What do you think this baby did to warrant that almighty god of your to let this happen. Right, this baby must have been one hells evil to have god turn his back and let this happen.

Last edited:
While I share your feelings on not understanding how she could do this, if she is or was in the throes of full-blown PPD or PPP, she will pay, sadly for the rest of her life.

At some point she will recover her mind and have to live with what she has done. While that's often not enough for me for other criminals, when it's a woman with PPD or PPP who commits murder, it can be. I have seen many interviews of women who have murdered while in the midst of that psychotic break and those women have ended up so broken with the knowledge of what they did to their own children that they are punishing themselves more than we ever can as a society.

Is what she did awful? Without a doubt but if she has a real mental illness that caused this then she'll punish herself from the moment her mind gets stabilized again until she dies.

Now if we are wrong and her mental health played no part in this then I don't give a fuck what happens to her, provided it long, torturous and ends with her painful death.

Gee whiz, I thought I was civil in my question to you.
And no, not edgy at all. Are the words pot and kettle ringing any bells for you.
If I might ask, (unless its too private or too touchy of a subject) what religion are you?
Edit to ask
What do you think this baby did to warrant that almighty god of your to let this happen. Right, this baby must have been one hells evil to have god turn his back and let this happen.
Your not getting it. Surely I must think this baby "deserved" something because I'm a finger pointing Christian. Hardly. I'm not here for this man. Something horrible happened to this baby and it has nothing to do with MY personal beliefs. My take, sounds like a tragic case of PPD. But I'm no Dr.

Your not getting it. Surely I must think this baby "deserved" something because I'm a finger pointing Christian. Hardly. I'm not here for this man. Something horrible happened to this baby and it has nothing to do with MY personal beliefs. My take, sounds like a tragic case of PPD. But I'm no Dr.
Okay, I got it. Its perfectly okay for you to have personal beliefs. I at no time tried to take those away from you. Sorry to have upset you.
I thought inviting you to share was a good thing. I was once taught *just believing wasn't enough, share and get the word out. *
Its human nature to be private about the things we are ashamed of, I understand completely.
Hugs

Okay, I got it. Its perfectly okay for you to have personal beliefs. I at no time tried to take those away from you. Sorry to have upset you.
I thought inviting you to share was a good thing. I was once taught *just believing wasn't enough, share and get the word out. *
Its human nature to be private about the things we are ashamed of, I understand completely.
Hugs
You're a real sweetie xoxoxo

Postpartum depression is weird...It makes mothers go all hamster. Eat or otherwise eliminate their children.

Back