• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

C2V2V2M.jpg

http://www.pe.com/articles/old-775272-highland-shooting.html

Family members of 4-year-old Daniel Munoz, who was shot to death Wednesday, July 29, were overwhelmed with sorrow Thursday, July 30, at the boy's grandmother's home in Highland.

His killer, officials said, is yet to be found.

Munoz' mother, Yuliana Morales, struggled for words while looking at photos of "Danielito" on her phone. The Rialto woman couldn't shake the thought that less than 24 hours ago, she, her husband, and eight other children spent the day at Knott's Berry Farm.

Danielito's grandmother, who was watching him Wednesday night, has suffered crippling anxiety attacks since her grandson's death. Morales said she doesn't blame her mother-in-law for what happened.

Not having enough room in the car to take all of the children, Morales said, she and her husband left Danielito and his sister at her mother-in-law's house in the 7400 block of McKinley Avenue. She told her son that they would take him the next time they went.

About 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, disaster struck.

Danielto was playing with a little stuffed animal bear in the front yard of the home Wednesday, said his aunt, Reina Isabel Hernandez. Family members said Danielito was a generally "happy boy."

Hernandez, in spanish, said she thought she heard fireworks while outside of the home. She looked to the front yard, and saw the boy face down in the dirt.

Family members grabbed Danielto, who suffered a gunshot wound to the neck, and took him inside. Paramedics arrived, and transported him to a hospital. That's where he later died.​

As of yesterday.

A Moreno Valley man was sentenced March 28 for the 2015 shooting death of 4-year-old Daniel Munoz of Highland.

San Bernardino County Superior Court Judge Ronald M. Christianson sentenced 22-year-old Darron Daniels to 78 years to life in state prison.

The victim's parents and sister read impact statements prior to the pronouncement of judgement. The following are excerpts from two statements:

"This is a terrible pain for me," said Oscar Munoz, the victim's father. "Once you lose him you will never get him back, but the image of my son will never be erased from my mind."

"I was not able to celebrate his fifth birthday, or any upcoming birthdays," said Yuliana Morales, the victim's mother. "I will not see him go to junior high school or high school or college because of this man's actions."

Holding up a photo of Daniel at his preschool graduation, his mother added: "This is the last graduation of his I will ever attend."

According to Supervising Deputy District Attorney Jill Gregory, who prosecuted the case, Daniel was the unintended victim of a dispute that occurred between a drug dealer and other men who were gathered across the street from where he was staying at a relative's house.

"At the time Daniel was shot and killed, he was in the front yard playing with a stuffed animal," said Gregory.

This case was investigated by the San Bernardino County Sheriff Homicide Division.

Maurice Kelley, 27, of San Bernardino, was sentenced Dec. 7, 2016 to 6 years in state prison for his role in the murder.

http://www.highlandnews.net/news/br...cle_d83ae8c8-1407-11e7-a202-132375d312b4.html

Hope the one who pullled the trigger goes to hell. I dont give a fuck if he didnt mean to shoot the boy He caused this

Back