• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I have a number of fractured vertebrae, and get around just fine. Intermittent tingling, and occasionally my knees go out, but that's all for symptoms.

It's fire season here, and to travel forest service roads you're required to carry 5 gallons of water, a shovel, and an axe. No idea what I'm supposed to do with the axe, but I toss it in before I hit the road. 3 axes would never make sense to me.

It's fire season here, and to travel forest service roads you're required to carry 5 gallons of water, a shovel, and an axe. No idea what I'm supposed to do with the axe, but I toss it in before I hit the road. 3 axes would never make sense to me.

The axe is to construct a firebreak around you by chopping down and clearing the trees, brush, and other flammable forest detritus in a big circle around yourself and your vehicle. The idea is that if you create an area without fire fodder, you can make your very own little safety bubble.

Back