• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Prettypink513

Church Member
I have no words. This truly hurts my heart. Sam Dubose got pulled over by the University of Cincinnati rent-a-cops for not having a front license plate displayed. He was non-violent. He was not belligerent. He actually imo looks afraid. And then BANG...he's gone.

I knew it was going to be bad when Joe Deters (the prosecutor) looked pissed off. The video at is at the end of the article.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/29/publish/30830777/

I have to admit I'm surprised they indicted him.
I don't need to tell you about Cincinnati. You're from there as well.

Disgraceful and completely baseless. I hope justice is served and the murderer prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

that was scary to watch. kinda hard to teach your kids the officer is your friend when we are seeing this shit so often.

Not surprising news out of Cincinatti, no surprising news when it involves campus cops, especially from Cincinatti. What filth.

That said, why the fuck would you try to start your car when a cop has you pulled over and is at your window? Act like a dumbshit, get shot to death, hopefully other dumbshits learn the valuable and not at all shocking lesson from this.

""Murder is the purposeful killing of another," Mathews said. "There wasn't any purpose to kill this fella.""

Huh????? What's his attorney talking about? His client shot someone in the head at close range. How was that not purposefully ending someones life?

Kind of a sweet deal for the family though, as tragic as it is. I mean if your loved one has to get slaughtered by the cops without good reason, a college has far deeper pockets and is farrrrrrrrrr more corrupt and vile than any city. Hope UC loses millions on this one, they fuckin better. Not that it'd hurt their bottom line in the slightest, just raise tuition rates another 300% over the next several years regardless.

Oh and did anyone else notice the cop have no problem whatsoever with this guy make a move for his glove box? The fuck? He seems more stupid than trigger happy, dumbshit. What a vile fucking coward of a human being. Hope he rots.

Last edited:
The victim was definitely taking off in the car. The officer should have jumped back. I want to see the other officer's bodycam footage.

The victim was definitely taking off in the car. The officer should have jumped back. I want to see the other officer's bodycam footage.
The officer's lawyer is saying there is other video that "sheds new light" on this, it needs to come out because it certainly looks like the officer had several other options other than shooting the victim.

I absolutely agree in wanting to see the other footage(s) out there.

I'm not sure how true this is because i havent been able to see it for myself, but i hear there is video from the other officer's cam that is pretty much warning the shooter that they were being watched. again i'm not sure if this is true yet

Body cam footage:

To me, it didn't look like the cop was in any danger at all, he just didn't want to have to chase him.

I just can't with this.

so frustrating watching that video n then listening to the cop - he just keeps saying over n over - I thought he was gonna run me over... um your NEXT to the car not in front of it.. then he says later, he was dragging me, my arm was caught in the steerling wheel - um NO the min he hit his gas you fired - and your left hand can be seen on the window of the car... it was within seconds he just fired.

It also kinda creeps me out how somewhat calm he was once he got to car and realized kid was dead... when he was first talking his voice was calm... Then as other cops got there his voice was getting shakey but I think that's just cause he was realizing the ramifications of the events that had just unfolded.

https://news.vice.com/article/cops-...bodycam-footage-emerges?utm_source=vicenewsfb

More bodycam footage from other officers here. None of the actual shooting, but the aftermath when they are getting their stories straight.
I think the guy was scared and overreacted. I don't think he intentionally meant to shoot the guy in the head, but pulled the trigger in a sort of knee jerk reaction.
Cops need more training. How many more dead people do we need to prove that?

.that guy looked scared. guess he shouldnt of took off, oh and the cops arm hurts poor baby, he was adding things on throughout the video did he forget about his bodycam..

Last edited:
Joe Deters, the prosecutor for Hamilton County, Ohio, on Wednesday announced murder and manslaughter charges against Tensing, who stopped DuBose on July 19 for not having a front license plate.

In the police report describing the incident, University of Cincinnati officer Eric Weibel, who arrived to provide Tensing with backup, says Tensing told him he was dragged by Dubose's moving car once Dubose started the vehicle and attempted to drive away.

Tensing also reportedly told Weibel he thought he'd be run over by DuBose and fired his weapon to prevent that from happening.

It is true that in the body cam video, Tensing tells the other cops who arrive at the scene that his left arm got caught, possibly in the steering wheel of DuBose's car, as The New York Times notes. This backs up Weibel's account.

But Deters said Wednesday that the video doesn't support that telling of events.

Rather than being dragged by the moving car, Deters said, Tensing "fell backward after he shot [DuBose] in the head."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ing_55ba2351e4b095423d0dea2c?utm_hp_ref=crime

Last edited:
It seems that two of the officers involved in this shooting have been named in a lawsuit regarding the death of another unarmed man.

The lawsuit does NOT involve the shooter in this case but rather two of the other responding officers, Eric Weibel and Phillip Kidd. According to the statements they provided, Weibel and Kidd were among the officers that restrained a psychiatric patient, Kelly Brinson, while another officer used a stun gun to subdue him. Brinson went into cardiac arrest and died a few days later.

Brinson was a psychiatric patient at the University Hospital when he became agitated and combative. Hospital staff called University Police for assistance. Brinson was restrained and one of the officers used a stun gun to further subdue him.

The coroner had ruled Brinson's death to be from natural causes but the lawsuit for his wrongful death was settled for $638,000.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/samuel-dubose-officers-sued_55baa370e4b0d4f33a023260?

Um, wow, just wow is all I've got with this one.

The officer is demanding his job back AND the union is backing him up, stating that his firing was unfair. Further stating that police department did not have "just cause" to fire him and that he was not afforded his due process that he is guaranteed under his contract.

I don't even know what to say about this. But here's the link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cincinnati-charged-murder-job-back-article-1.2310708

Come on. The guy who was shot had 75 police incidents over the years. He was uncooperative, broke the law by having no front plate, license or registration. He also had an open liquor container with gawd knows what in it. He was trying to take off. Cops are people too and get scared for their own lives in a split second. All this anger with cops. How about we get fed up with these low-lifes who put their own lives and other's at risk.

Um, wow, just wow is all I've got with this one.

The officer is demanding his job back AND the union is backing him up, stating that his firing was unfair. Further stating that police department did not have "just cause" to fire him and that he was not afforded his due process that he is guaranteed under his contract.

I don't even know what to say about this. But here's the link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cincinnati-charged-murder-job-back-article-1.2310708

I can see why this is happening. It's kind of the union's job to attempt to protect his job. They are almost like criminal defense attorneys. I would have expected him to be put on leave instead of fired outright without a hearing. As much as i HAAATE to admit it, he still has certain rights.

Come on. The guy who was shot had 75 police incidents over the years. He was uncooperative, broke the law by having no front plate, license or registration. He also had an open liquor container with gawd knows what in it. He was trying to take off. Cops are people too and get scared for their own lives in a split second. All this anger with cops. How about we get fed up with these low-lifes who put their own lives and other's at risk.

I don't care HOW many incidents he had with police for little petty drug offenses (they couldn't have been THAT horrible if he was walking free), he deserves due process just like ANYONE ELSE. A freakin license plate is NO excuse to kill him..PERIOD.

As far as that "open container" he even said in the video that that was what we cincinnatians call "smell good" (its basically a perfumed oil that you can sprinkle in your car, on your rugs, or dip your incents in) and they usually sell them in old liquor bottles JUST LIKE THAT (I would know, that's how my uncle makes his living).

As far as his license he asked the officer to run his name how many times??? I'm from Cincinnati and I don't always carry my license on me either (i know i know, mom). But all they have to do is run your name and your license picture pops up on the screen in the cruiser (don't ask me how i know).

The cop was scared but he was the one with the gun??? AND back-up??? No, that man was scared. And rightfully so. Cops in Cincinnati are DICKS. Don't even get me started on them. That cop is a murderer OUTRIGHT!

ETA: If i'm not mistaken, the cop gave him the bottle back. If were alcohol in it, why would he give it back???

ETA: paragraphs lol

Last edited:
Back