• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
14cs1ts.jpg

Arrests have been made in the case of a homeless man set on fire with fireworks.

Police said Irene Enriquez and Joshua Benavidez were taken into custody and confessed Wednesday.

The attack happened on July 11. Police said fireworks were thrown at a homeless Native American man while he slept on a sidewalk...

"I feel really bad for the man and his family," Enriquez said during a perp walk. "We're sorry."

Investigators released video of the incident Monday. In it, a purple SUV pulls up to the curb and stops for a few seconds. When it pulls away, flames can be seen as the man's clothing catches fire.

Neighbors told police they'd seen the distinct purple SUV around Benavidez's home, and that it had suddenly been painted white..

Young children were inside the SUV at the time of the fireworks incident...

Benavidez and Enriquez face a number of charges, including aggravated battery and three counts of child abuse.
http://m.koat.com/news/arrests-made-in-case-of-homeless-man-set-on-fire/34304832

Video here:
http://m.koat.com/news/arrests-made-in-case-of-homeless-person-set-on-fire/34308356

Parents of the Year material right there, hey kids wanna do something fun? Let's go down and set a homeless man on fire, we're just a bunch of wild and crazy guys!

What a pair of assholes. And they look like it, too.

I hope your kids grow up to murder both of you, and in your last minutes alive you have a moment to realize, "Shit, I shoulda been a better parent...maybe letting them watch us burn that homeless guy wasn't a good idea..."

I hate, hate, HATE fucking assholes like this.

WTF? How come I never got any of these fun and exciting adventures? No I get Disney Land, Germany... multiple trips to Victoria BC, but never got to throw firecrackers at homeless people! Damn parents.

Serious note... fucking idiots.

What a pair of assholes. And they look like it, too.

I hope your kids grow up to murder both of you, and in your last minutes alive you have a moment to realize, "Shit, I shoulda been a better parent...maybe letting them watch us burn that homeless guy wasn't a good idea..."

I hate, hate, HATE fucking assholes like this.

I hope their kids somehow manage to grow up to become normal, compassionate people who make a difference in their families, communities, nations, and planet. :nana:

They've already drawn the short straw with both parents as it is. ;)

I hope their kids somehow manage to grow up to become normal, compassionate people who make a difference in their families, communities, nations, and planet.
Oh, well yeah, there's that too. I was just imagining one particular side of that proverbial coin... :)

This is not Joshua Benavidez's first run-in with the law...

Joshua Benavidez And Irene Enriquez: New Mexico Couple Arrested For Heinous ‘Prank’ They Played On A Homeless Man
Joshua Benavidez and Irene Enriquez, both 31 years old, of Albuquerque, New Mexico, were out for a drive on July 11. They happened across a homeless man sleeping on the side of the road. They thought they would have a little fun with him. They rolled down the window and threw firecrackers at him.

According to Benavidez, it was all in good fun.

Multiple witnesses had a different account of what happened. Their testimonies have led to the arrest of both Benavidez and Enriquez. The two are being charged with aggravated battery with bodily harm, tampering with evidence, child abuse, and conspiracy.

The arrest warrant says that the couple actually saw the homeless man’s pants smoldering, and they took off. Further substantiating their claims, multiple witnesses called in tips saying a purple SUV had been seen fleeing the burning man. When police questioned Benavidez, he stated he didn’t have a purple SUV. He in fact had a white SUV. Neighbors ratted him out according to a KOB 8 Report. He had painted his SUV white.

The evidence that really did Benavidez and Enriquez in came from a surprising source. The Albuquerque Police Department received a tip from the babysitter of the couple. The babysitter mentioned to the police that Benavidez’s child had mentioned the incident. The police then obtained a statement from the 8-year-old.

The 8-year-old mentioned in his statement that his 12-year-old brother and 2-year-old sister were with him when they threw the firecracker at the homeless man. Child abuse was added to the charge due to the statement taken from the son.

The couple turned themselves in once the warrants were issued. Enriquez said in her statement that she tried to pour water on the homeless man. She said that Benavidez would not let her, and they left.

According to a report from Fox 8, the homeless man is still in intensive care.

Joshua Benavidez and Irene Enriquez do not quite know their fate. Benavidez has had other issues with the law. He is currently on probation for assault on a peace officer as well as tampering with evidence. A conviction would revoke his probation. He would then have to serve the remainder of that term along with what would be tacked on from the new charges.

According to Benavidez, it was all in good fun
Wow, really?

When I want to do something fun with my kids, we go swimming, ride 4-wheelers, things like that. Never once has the idea of setting a human being on fire EVER entered into the equation.

Now I want to see the shitty ass white paint job he did. I bet you it was with spray paint....

March 23, 2016

o_O

An Albuquerque man accused of throwing fireworks at a homeless man is off the hook.

All charges against 31-year-old Joshua Benavidez have been dismissed.

Benavidez’s 10-year-old son told police it was his dad who threw fireworks at a homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk near Highland High School last July.

A few months ago, the district attorney’s office told KRQE News 13 they threw out Benavidez’s child abuse charges and the charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. They said they couldn’t prove the children’s lives were endangered or in risk of serious harm.

The DA’s office has now dismissed the rest of his charges. They said his case was dismissed because they couldn’t interview essential witnesses by a specific date.

Benavidez’s wife, 31-year-old Irene Enriquez was also charged in the drive-by attack. The DA’s office said theycouldn’t continue her casea few months ago because they had no proof she threw any of the fireworks or knew her husband was going to throw them.

http://krqe.com/2016/03/23/albuquer...owing-fireworks-at-homeless-man-off-the-hook/

Back