• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
o8cncw.jpg

School pic of Jennifer Pan
2lcpr3r.jpg

Pan, right, and her four alleged accomplices are charged with first-degree murder in the death of her mother, 53-year-old Bieh Ha Pan, and attempted murder of her father, Huei Hann Pan.
s4ujbb.jpg

A 24-year-old Markham woman Jennifer Pan has been charged with murder in connection with a home invasion where her mother Bieh Ha Pan, 53, was fatally shot and her father, Huei Hann Pan, was seriously injured in their home.​
NEWMARKET, Ont. – What seemed on the surface a violent home invasion that saw a woman killed and a man left for dead was in fact a bitter daughter’s revenge upon her parents, an Ontario Superior Court jury heard
[...]
The stunning story behind what really happened on Nov. 8, 2010 in a quiet Markham, Ont., subdivision emerged as Crown prosecutor Jennifer Halajian made her opening statement in the trial of Jennifer Pan, now 27, and four men, including Pan’s former boyfriend, each of whom Halajian said had a part in the murder plan.

Charged with Pan with first-degree murder in the death of her mother, 53-year-old Bich Ha Pan, and attempted murder in the wounding of her father, Huei Hann Pan, are David Mylvaganam, Eric Carty, Lenford Crawford and Daniel Wong, once the love of Pan’s life.

All are pleading not guilty in a trial that is expected to last months.
Other people were involved,” Halajian told the jurors.
[...]
She gestured behind her to the prisoners’ box, where the accused quintet sat. “Not all three of those men” who entered the house on the night of the crime are in that box, she said, but the five on trial “knowingly participated in the murder. It doesn’t mean they all pulled the trigger — they didn’t.”
[...]
As with so many criminal cases involving those under 30, the evidence will consist of reams of cellphone texts and calls — Pan and Wong communicated compulsively — as well as banking records and the like.

But at the heart of the plot, the prosecutor said again and again, is the tall, slim young woman with the long hair.

Halajian began her opening by playing an excerpt of a dramatic 911 call Pan made
[...]
On it, she sounded hysterical, incoherent. She could hardly give the operator her address. In the background, at one point, a man, presumably her father, could be heard screaming. Pan told the operator three men had entered the house; they had guns, were demanding money. She said they had tied her up on the second floor,
[...]
“I can hear pops,” she cried once on the tape. “Gunshots!

“I don’t know what’s going on,” she whimpered.

But, according to the prosecutor, Pan knew precisely what was unfolding, and had been working toward this moment for months — “game time,” as one of her alleged conspirators called it. She is alleged to have left the front door open for the attackers.

Not only was Pan not tied up, the prosecutor said, but she also wandered freely about the house as her parents were being terrorized.

And that information, Halajian said, will come from her father.

He will describe his “19 harrowing minutes,” and say that at least twice, he saw his only daughter quietly talking to one or another of the intruders.
[...]
He awoke to a man holding a gun to his face, and was eventually ordered to the basement.

There, the prosecutor said he will testify, a blanket was thrown over his head and he was shot in the face, and passed out.

When he came to, he saw his wife on the floor, dead, and managed to flee
[...]
He was shot twice, once in the right shoulder, once in the right eye. That bullet shattered, and he spent three days in a coma at hospital.

Pan’s mother was shot three times — once in the back of her shoulder, once at the base of the head, and, the fatal shot, execution-style at the back of the head.

She was pronounced dead on the basement floor of her own home, where she had been soaking her feet after a regular night out to line-dance
[...]
That was such an evocative detail: The Pans had come to Canada as refugees from Vietnam, though they were originally from Hong Kong, and they had so successfully made a life for themselves here that the mother line-danced every Monday night.

Arriving with nothing, Halajian said, they worked hard and long, had two children, Jennifer and Felix, and by that fall, were sitting pretty: They had paid off their house; had money in the bank, including life insurance policies and two luxury cars.

Felix, then 21, was off at McMaster University in Hamilton, on his way to getting a mechanical engineering degree; Jennifer, then 24, was working to get the hours she needed to complete the requirement for her pharmacy degree.

Or, at least, that’s what she told her family: First, they believed she attended Ryerson University, and then the University of Toronto for pharmacy. Felix and his parents had even seen her degree; she’d been unable, she told them, to get tickets for them to attend the actual graduation.

In fact, as Halajian told Judge Cary Boswell and the jurors, Pan “wasn’t a pharmacist. She never studied. She never attended university.”

It was all a tissue of lies: All those years, she had been busy with Wong, for a time even living with his family in Ajax, Ont., while telling her family she was sharing a flat with a classmate.

Finally, her parents found out she had a boyfriend and had been lying to them; her dad ordered her home and told her to choose — Wong, or her family. Her dad told her
[...]
“Until they were dead, she would never be with Daniel.”

But she saw Wong on the sly, and when he tried to break it off, telling her he had a new girl, she lied to him too — told him she’d been raped by strangers, that someone had sent her a bullet in the mail.

“Jennifer was determined to get her way, no matter what,” Halajian said
[...]
The proof came later in the day, as Felix Pan, as tall and slender as his sister, was called to the witness stand.

She sought his eyes; he steadfastly averted his gaze. And at one point, he in the witness stand, she in the prisoner’s box, he was near tears, and she was weeping.
http://o.canada.com/news/crown-outl...accused-of-mothers-murder-wounding-of-father/
14t7e5t.jpg

Family of Daniel Wong, the then boyfriend and co-accused of Jennifer Pan, in the staged home invasion murder of Pan’s father, hide their faces as they leave Newmarket court, March 19, 2014.
316ky2p.jpg

Jennifer Pan, rear, carries incense at her mother's funeral in November 2010.​
@DamagedGoods did you know about this trial?

o8cncw.jpg

School pic of Jennifer Pan
2lcpr3r.jpg

Pan, right, and her four alleged accomplices are charged with first-degree murder in the death of her mother, 53-year-old Bieh Ha Pan, and attempted murder of her father, Huei Hann Pan.
s4ujbb.jpg

A 24-year-old Markham woman Jennifer Pan has been charged with murder in connection with a home invasion where her mother Bieh Ha Pan, 53, was fatally shot and her father, Huei Hann Pan, was seriously injured in their home.​
http://o.canada.com/news/crown-outl...accused-of-mothers-murder-wounding-of-father/
14t7e5t.jpg

Family of Daniel Wong, the then boyfriend and co-accused of Jennifer Pan, in the staged home invasion murder of Pan’s father, hide their faces as they leave Newmarket court, March 19, 2014.
316ky2p.jpg

Jennifer Pan, rear, carries incense at her mother's funeral in November 2010.​
@DamagedGoods did you know about this trial?

If I did, I don't remember it.

Sounds like she didn't want to give up her bf, or her parents' money.

Arriving with nothing, Halajian said, they worked hard and long, had two children, Jennifer and Felix, and by that fall, were sitting pretty: They had paid off their house; had money in the bank, including life insurance policies and two luxury cars.
All for nothing, the entitled cunt didn't care how hard her parents worked.

All for nothing, the entitled cunt didn't care how hard her parents worked.
Oh, I disagree; she cared greatly, or at least she cared about the products of their hard work. She cared enough about it to kill them for it, rather than risk losing it to keep her boyfriend. She's just too stupid to realize that she'd screwed herself out of it and a whole lot more now.

Finally, her parents found out she had a boyfriend and had been lying to them; her dad ordered her home and told her to choose — Wong, or her family. Her dad told her
She was 24! God, I had 2 kids by then. Get a job and get to work, support your own self, then guess what... You can make your own choices!

Woman who hired thugs to kill her mom while she shot her own father found guilty of masterminding fake home invasion
  • Jennifer Pan, 28, will spend life in jail after she was convicted in Newmarket, Ontario Saturday of first degree murder and attempted murder
  • Pan and her boyfriend Daniel Wong along with Lenford Crawford and David Mylvaganam killed Bich Ha Pan, 53, and seriously injured Hann Pan, 60
  • The November 2010 attack came after Pan's parents demanded she end her relationship with Wong
dvlpid.jpg
Jennifer Pan was found guilty Saturday of hatching a fake home invasion in order to try and murder her parents in November 2010
30cu5tx.jpg
2ia7w2w.jpg
Eric Carty (right) is accused of helping Pan arrange the murder, but was not tried with her. At right is David Mylvaganam, who was found guilty on Saturday along with another thug named Lenford Crawford, Pan and Wong
SOURCE
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/13/jennifer-pan-found-guilty-in-death-of-mother
&
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...+NP_Top_Stories+(National+Post+-+Top+Stories)

I guess I should pan her for what she did, but he was also very, very wong :D

I'll get my coat......

And the picture painted in Toronto Life by Karen K. Ho contains many revelations about Pan’s faked high school grades, college classes and life of romantic solitude that emerged during her 10-month trial,according to the Star.

But the story of the girl who began employing her “happy mask” after she wasn’t named middle school valedictorian at their Catholic school strikes a familiar tone to the first-generation children of Asian immigrants everywhere,Ho told The Washington Post.

“Ultimately, it’s a horrible crime,” said Ho, whose own parents came to Canada nearly penniless from Hong Kong. “But because so many people have gone through the experience of growing up like Jennifer, it’s not unfathomable to them that someone would just break.”

She added, “You just grow up chronically afraid. This buildup of lies is because Jennifer felt like the alternative was just unfathomable.”

Ho recalls a girl who wasn’t allowed to attend parties, go to dances, or have a boyfriend and started creating straight-A report cards to bring home to her middle class parents when she was a freshman in high school. She writes that Pan had never gotten drunk or gone on a vacation without her family by the time she was 22.

After high school, Pan pretended to enroll in the University of Toronto’s pharmacology program and gained permission from her parents to sleep a few nights a week at a friend’s apartment close to campus. She was actually going to Wong’s house, though.

Her parents finally caught on to the scheme and she confessed in early 2009. Bich Ha and Huei Hann Pan told her to quit the bartending and waitress jobs where she actually had been working and to stop seeing her boyfriend completely, according to Ho. They even scrutinized the odometer of her car to make sure she was only driving to the piano lessons she taught.

“Living in my house is like living under house arrest,” Pan wrote on Facebook in February 2009.

She and Wong allegedly began speaking seriously about killing her parents. Pan made a failed attempt to hire a murderer to kill her father, she admitted in court in August 2014.

But, on November 8, 2010, gunmen entered the house through an unlocked door, killed her mother and seriously wounded her father
who miraculously survived getting shot in the shoulder and face.

Police investigators didn’t buy the story she told of a home invasion, and, by April 2011, she was facing murder and attempted murder charges, CTV News Toronto reported at the time. Jurors found her guilty three years later despite her later contention that she was trying to off herself with the hit.

Pan, her boyfriend and the alleged accomplices will appeal their convictions, according to Ho’s story. Pan isn’t allowed to contact her brother or her father after a judge upheld her family’s request. And the saga continues to haunt.

“What an intense story!,” a Facebook user wrote underneath the magazine’s post on Ho’s story. “While my life has not been oppressed even close to her extent, it drives me crazy when I feel like my best [efforts] to satisfy my parents' wishes just result in failure. Not saying what she did was inevitable, but all that negativity must have done immense damage to her psyche.”

Yet such concerns may overshadow the exceptional nature of Pan’s case, Jennifer Lee, a University of California, Irvine sociologist who researches Asian-American life, told the Post.

“It’s so easy to blame immigrant parents,” Lee said. “The danger of highlighting cases like Jennifer’s is that they contribute to a misconception that all Asian-American kids experience this extreme pressure and are mentally unstable.”

“Jennifer’s parents certainly had a role in making her feel trapped, but I think there’s a broader discussion to be had about the expectations that teachers, peers and institutions place on people like Jennifer to fit that stereotype of the exceptional Asian-American student,” she added.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...6?ref=Outbrain&ADLocation=footer&ADPosition=2

What ever happened to just running away from home?
Hell, she was 24 when this happened, at that age it isn't "running away", it's being an adult and all perfectly legally. Your parents can't get the police looking for you or anything, you're allowed to be on your own then.

I can't wait to read the book. I need to know how she falsified her grades for so long without her parents knowing. And yeah she was working outside the home and staying with her boyfriend why not just I don't know never come back. There's not alot of say they have about that.

I can't wait to read the book. I need to know how she falsified her grades for so long without her parents knowing. And yeah she was working outside the home and staying with her boyfriend why not just I don't know never come back. There's not alot of say they have about that.
She went back for their $$$.

Jennifer’s parents certainly had a role in making her feel trapped, but I think there’s a broader discussion to be had about the expectations that teachers, peers and institutions place on people like Jennifer to fit that stereotype of the exceptional Asian-American student,” she added.

Seriously? How about we place then blame where it belongs? Square on the shoulders of the 24 year old adult who killed her mom and tried to kill her dad. Period.
This, to me, is just as bad as the affluenza defense.

Back