• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
2w3ruqe.jpg

An 18-month-old Arkansas boy who was found dead in a hot car last week is the son of a juvenile court judge.

Garland County Circuit Judge Wade Naramore's son Thomas died after being left unattended in a vehicle on Friday. A preliminary investigation found his death was likely due to 'excessive heat', according to police.

The Hot Springs Police Department said on Monday it was conducting a criminal investigation but said an official cause of death could not be determined until toxicology reports are concluded in the next few weeks.

It has not been determined how long Thomas had been left in the car on Friday but some reports have said it was up to four hours, according to the Arkansas Times.

Temperatures in the area that day were recorded as high as 101 degrees.

Naramore was the person who called 911, police confirmed.

Thomas was driven to a neighbor's home after he was found around 3pm on Friday. One of several 911 calls made regarding the infant occurred during an attempt to revive him.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...judge-Sons-death-hot-car-tragic-accident.html
http://m.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/...prosecutor-to-handle-hot-springs-childs-death

I read about this yesterday, and part of it is that they came home went inside and took a nap and then dad got up and went to an ATM and still did not discover the baby in the car, seems the baby was in a car seat in the back of the car, third row seat. I was thinking who puts an 2 year old in the 3rd row, you need them where you can get to them. I'm looking for that article, but so far haven't found it.

I was thinking who puts an 2 year old in the 3rd row, you need them where you can get to them.

That does seem odd, but then again, it is odd to most that you can forget your kid. So sad, he was adorable. But yeah, this can happen to anyone.

This further makes me wonder WHY the technology has not been installed in cars yet to prevent this. If I go to click my car to lock and a door is partially ajar it makes a loud ass alert sound. I know something like this could be installed in cars. Or how about how the sensor for airbags detects if the airbag should be deployed, depending on weight of the passenger. Don't tell me we can't have something similar to detect the presence of a child and remind us.

Last edited:
That does seem odd, but then again, it is odd to most that you can forget your kid. So sad, he was adorable. But yeah, this can happen to anyone.

This further makes me wonder WHY the technology has not been installed in cars yet to prevent this. If I go to click my car to lock and a door is partially ajar it makes a loud ass alert sound. I know something like this could be installed in cars. Or how about how the sensor for airbags detects if the airbag should be deployed, depending on weight of the passenger. Don't tell me we can't have something similar to detect the presence of a child and remind us.
New car seat has been developed, only works with newer cars

New car seat has been developed, only works with newer cars

Car seat as in baby car seat, car seat like the one everyone sits on in a car? Why can't they install that shit in older cars too? I think it should be mandatory in all new parent cars.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/how-walmarts-new-car-seat-will-save-babies-lives-124839891187.html

In the wake of yet another child tragically left locked alone inside a hot car — a 2-year-old in
Kansas, rescued Saturday by a group of strangers after her 23- year-old cousin admitted that “it just slipped [his] mind” that she was asleep in the back seat — Walmart announced Thursday that it’s releasing a first-of-its-kind car seat that sounds an alarm if the driver leaves an infant in the vehicle.

The Evenflo Advanced Embrace DLX Infant Car Seat with SensorSafe technology ($150 at Walmart.com) features a sensor on the harness’s chest clip that transmits a signal via Wi-Fi to a wireless receiver plugged into the car’s data port when the ignition is turned off. If the chest clip is not released after the ignition turns off, the clip projects a sound, described on the Today show as a “jingle” that reminds drivers there’s a child in the back seat.

When the harness is unclipped, the sound stops. The alarm also goes off if the chest clip is unbuckled midride. (The two-piece system doesn’t require Bluetooth, cellular or other devices, but the catch is it can work only in vehicles made after 2008.)

“This car seat will eliminate the chance of a baby being forgotten in a car,” Sarah McKinney, Walmart’s director of corporate communications, tells Yahoo Parenting. “Our hope is that no one would ever need the SensorSafe system, but the reality is that one child dies every nine days” from being left in a car.

“Every car on the market today sounds an alert to remind passengers to put on their seat belt,” she continues, “and we feel this similar type of reminder will help ensure children don’t suffer from vehicle heatstroke.”

And there is a grave need for such reminders. Earlier this month, an 11-month-old baby in Florida died after his parents left him alone inside a car to unload groceries and forgot he was in the vehicle. That death is the ninth vehicular heatstroke death in the U.S. since the start of 2015, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety.

As Marques Anderson — the man who left his 2-year-old cousin in the car outside a mall in 90-degree heat this weekend — told KCTV, it was an accident. “It wasn’t on purpose,” said Anderson (charged Wednesday with felony child endangerment, along with his sister, whom he was talking to when the pair forgot the child and went shopping). “I hopped out of the car. We didn’t really think about it. It happened so quick. It was just a bad day.“

But with Evenflo’s new car seat, McKinney tells Yahoo Parenting, caregivers and parents have the opportunity to help prevent these tragedies from happening: “This extra feature could help save their child’s life.” Forgetting once, after all — as the charity Kars4Kids reminds us in its Hot Kar Challenge video — “is regretting forever.”

JESUS CHRIST!

I heard about the Evenflo car seat. While I am glad it's a preventive measure, it saddens me to even think about the apparent need for them- kinda like the don't shake a baby PSA's... I just don't understand how parents lose track of their kids for hours...

Why can't they install that shit in older cars too?
Newer cars have a data bus that runs all the way through the car, carrying information on what position the switches are in and what speed the vehicle is traveling and if the engine is running, among other pieces of data. Older cars -- apparently, pre-2008 -- don't have the data bus necessary to make that seat work.

--Al

fuck a new car seat. grow a DAMN brain. you want this judge to determine any outcome regarding your child? he cannot seem to remember his own. i say string him up. this is just fucking ridiculous.

No excuse!! He took a nap then went to the ATM??? No, no, no, no.....everyone with a baby, and toddler know there is no such thing as sleep let alone a fucking nap when you have children this young, whole thing is inexcusable and fishy!

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...-naramore-hot-springs-hot-car-death/80231692/

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (KTHV) -- According to court documents, a warrant for the arrest of Garland County circuit judge Wade Naramore has been issued regarding the heat-related death of his toddler son. The date on the warrant is Feb. 11, 2016.

Naramore is charged with negligent homicide, a class A misdemeanor, in the July 2015 death Thomas Naramore.

Hmmm, no charges for this baby's death for six months. And now dad is being charged.

So, I guess sometimes LE needs time to build a case......immediate arrest is not indicative of innocence.

However, don't forget this is the same state that still has not batted an eye over Justin Harris giving a chomo his (rather hastily pushed through the system) adopted daughters to be raped.

And also, Duggars.

Maybe there is hope that the rest of the fuckers get charged.

Last edited:
August 19, 2016

A verdict has been reached in the trial of Judge Wade Naramore, accused in the July 2015 hot car death of his son, Thomas.

Naramore was found not guilty on the fifth day of trial in a Garland County courtroom. Naramore could have faced one year in prison and a $2,500 fine.

Throughout the week, a jury heard from several who have testified, ranging from police department personnel to Naramore's family members, and a neuroscientist who has studied what he described as "forgotten child syndrome." Additionally, they listened to 911 calls made the day of the incident, as well as Naramore's first interview, which was recorded and played on day three of the trial.

The court also heard from Naramore who testified that he cooperated with throughout the investigation. He said he was constantly waiting to give a statement to police and frustrated with the six-month waiting period to find out if he would be charged.

http://www.thv11.com/news/local/ver...amore-charged-in-sons-hot-car-death/303035059

So what the hell happened to this new car seat technology? This was in 2015 and now 7 years later we’ve still seen nothing significant come about? Did the Evenflo Seat have some kind of design flaws? How is it not a law by now that all car seats must have an alert? Holy Crap its practically illegal now to not have your kid in a car seat until they can drive themselves. Might as well save 50 or so kids a year from a horrible fate.

Back