• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

HagarTheHorrible

Big 'Ol Pussy
This is a terrible crime of almost unimaginable depravity in terms of the extent to which the main ringleader - Bernadette McNeilly - was clearly enjoying and getting off on it throughout. She and another woman, Jean Powell, along with four males, over the course of a week, brutally tortured amd murdered the 16 year old Suzanne Capper over trivial grievances. But what began as punishment for these largely imaginary grievances, quickly morphed into something that was being done for sheer pleasure.

McNeilly and Powell - Mcneilly had recently moved in with Powell - and with the help of some males, lured the 16 year old Suzanne Capper back to Powell's house. There she had her hair and eyebrows shaved off and was beaten for hours with fists and implements, before being locked in a cupboard. McNeilly and Powell were the ringleaders in all that happened but four males participated too. One of these was introduced to the situation when he called to buy drugs from McNeilly who was then alone in the house, and who seemed ultra-excited and on a high, and gleefully threw some keys to the visitor and told him to look and see what she had in the cupboard. Much later in court he revealed that he saw a shaven headed girl who called herself "Suzanne", and who cowered in absolute terror.

Concerns over McNeilly's and Powell's children hearing Suzanne's crying, led to Suzanne being moved to McNeilly's now empty house, where she was chained spreadeagled on an upturned bed. And with no worries about anyone hearing her cries anymore, the torture escalated. With McNeilly in particular the main perpetrator and driving force, over the next six days, Suzanne was injected with amphetamines, had music played to her through headphones at full volume 24/7, was whipped and beaten on a regular basis and burned with cigarettes, and not once being released to use the toilet. McNeilly laughed with pleasure with every act of torture she perpetrated and delighted in tormenting her victim with some comment about "Chucky (a horror film character) coming to play" immediately before each torture session. At one point, Suzanne was covered in neat disinfectant and scrubbed so harshly with stiff brushes that large areas of her skin were rubbed off. Later, Jean Powell's brother - one of the male participants - pulled out several of Suzanne's teath with a pair of pliers, whilst Bernadette McNeilly and Jean Powell stood in the doorway watching.

At some point it dawned upon them that if their actions ever came to light they'd be doing serious jail time, so it was decided that she had to die. But they wanted even this to be fun. So the two women and two of the men forced her into the boot of a car and drove her to a secluded spot 15 miles away, McNeilly giggling with pleasure in anticipation of what was to follow. Once there she poured 5 litres of petrol over Suzanne and tried to ignite her. After several failed attempts, one of the males succeeded. The ensuing flames were said to have "lit up the forest" with Suzanne's agonised screams filling the night. Those present stood for a short while revelling in the sight of her agonised suffering. McNeilly gleefully initiated singing "Burn, baby, burn" from the 70s hit Disco Inferno as they drove home, stopping to buy some drinks on the way.

Unbenownst to them, however, Suzanne had not died immediately as they assumed, but lived long enough to alert the authorities, name her attackers and provide enough basic details to ensure that within days, the perpetrators were arrested and charged and ultimately given long jail sentences. Incrediby, when first arrested, Jean and Bernadette were laughing and joking about it all.

Still worse, it was soon established that not one of them was in any way insane or mentally unbalanced. In terms of psychological stability, they were as normal as your average Joe. Although heavy drug use - particularly amphetamines - was a constant throughout.

Clearly both women - Bernadette McNeilly in particular - along with the guys involved, are evil sadists who did these terrible things purely for their own sick pleasure.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...lived-an-equally-bleak-existence-1468189.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-court-told-of-teenagers-screams-1464583.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...old-how-16yearold-burnt-to-death-1504790.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/laughter-after-girl-set-alight-jury-told-1464738.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/four-guilty-of-torture-killing-simon-midgley-1468211.html

They should be executed, and i dont believe in the dp. I think i changed my mind after this. Thats worse than a horror movie. heres a link. i think one of them are free now. Mum of murdered Suzanne Capper devastated at news ...
I too used to be thouroughly opposed to the death penalty. But crimes such as this have sickened me to such an extent that I think certain particularly appalling crimes deserve nothing less.

That this Bernadette McNeilly still lives after what she orchestrated, led and participated in wuth such obvious glee is itself an affont to humanity.

Ant not only that, she actually succeeded in having her mimimum time to serve before parole was considered CUT by 12 months by a high court judge for being a "model prisoner".

WTF? I don't care if she's now living the life of Mother fucking Theresa. She deserves no mercy for what she did. Scum like her should have died the same way - tortured for a few days by those who cared about Suzanne, then doused in petrol and set on fire. Anything less than that really is too good for the bitch.

The realisation that she will soon be free and walking amongst us again as a "normal" person - new name and location no doubt - sickens me to my stomach.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/woman-who-tortured-suzanne-capper-691651

I remember this story. Heinous. Poor kid. What a bunch of hyenas!!! They should be burned alive.

"THEY were petty grudges, the troubles over the Arab, the lice and the duffle coat. But they cost Suzanne Capper her life, a pathetic life which, in only 16 years, had amounted to a rootless, loveless existence on Manchester's east side.
She was captured by two vengeful, damaged women who beat her and shaved her head. They locked her in a cupboard. They bound her to a bed, gagged her, tortured her, left her to lie amid her excrement until logic demanded she could no longer be held in the squalid little house."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...lived-an-equally-bleak-existence-1468189.html

"The killing, which reduced jurors to tears during a 22-day trial in Manchester, was widely regarded as one of Britain’s most shocking murders."
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...um-murdered-suzanne-capper-devastated-4046847

suzannecapper.jpg

Wow, I can't believe I've never heard of this case before? It's so so sad! What they did to this poor girl was beyond torture, beyond murder!

I was thinking "thank god! She survived being set on fire, long enough to give police her attackers names, before she slipped into a coma & died".

But I'm also thinking, "Wth god? you let this poor girl survive for 4 days in absolute agony with 80% of her body burnt!"

I really shouldn't come on here right before bed time!
RIP Suzanne!

Dang it! Right as I was logging off I saw a new story. I should have just logged off. RIP, Sweet Angel!

I remember reading this. What stuck out to me was that quite a few others knew what was happening but all were too "afraid" to do anything about it.

Drug addicts or not, I'll never understand how people can be so indifferent.

I know there was a very similar case in the US that occurred in the same year (the Shanda Sharer case) with much the same MO (young girl kidnapped, tortured and set on fire by group e.g), only this one seemed to last longer.

That aside, this is definitely one of the worst cases I've read about. It's even scarier considering I live 20 minutes away from Manchester. I read that they put headphones on her and forced her to listen to a rave track on repeat at max volume (complete with Chucky samples). These bastards were sick, that's all I can say.

Last edited:
Missing image from previous post...

182143.jpg

KILLER: Bernadette McNeilly tortured 16-year-old Suzanne Capper before murdering her in 1992 [PA] - Source

1653070829917.png

This is on there as one of the most brutal murders I have ever heard about.

They starved and beat her. Kept her away the entire time they tortured her with methamphetamine.

Suzanne was forced to listen to this song continuously at the highest decibel while wearing headphones.

One individual attempted to pull her tooth out with pliers, causing the tooth to break and exposing the nerve.

Because she was strapped to a bed she had no choice but to urinate and defecate on herself they put her in a bathtub full of disinfectant and scrubbed her hard enough for her skin to peel off.
1653070617960.png

They set her on fire while she was alive and with what strength she had left she crawled up an embankment where she was found.

She was burned over 80% oh body,

The people who helped her after the torture said she was nothing but polite.

Prior to falling into a coma she was able to tell the police the names of the monsters that tortured her.

1653070745688.png

UK Paedos Exposed

dotSb70c 9177g5 r,01e8De41cme2f ·
BERNADETTE McNEILLY AKA BERNIE GARDNER
RINGLEADER OF GROUP WHO KIDNAPPED RAPED TORTURED AND KILLED YOUNG SUZANNE CAPPER
NOW FREE AND LIVING IN READING WHILST WORKING IN M&S
FACEBOOK HAVE REMOVED OUR POST WHERE WE EXPOSED BERNADETTE MCNEILLY WHO NOW USES THE NAME BERNIE GARDNER AND LIVES IN READING
MCNEILLY WAS THE RING LEADER OF THE ATROCIOUS CRIMES AND MURDER COMMITTED AGAINST SUZANNE CAPPER
WE CANNOT BELIEVE FACEBOOK WOULD PROTECT A CONVICTED SELF CONFESSED MURDERER
WE HAVE REQUESTED FACEBOOK RESTORE THE POST
IN THE MEANTIME WE SHALL LEAVE THE IMAGES ONLINE FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW
WE WERE HORRIFIED TO DISCOVER THAT THIS ANIMAL IS LIVING IN THE SAME BUILDING AS HER PRISON BUDDY, AND NOW BEST FRIEND, EVIL MUM KAREN MATTHEWS, WHOM SHE MET IN FOSTON HALL PRISON.
BERNADETTE McNEILLY WHO NOW CALLS ITSELF BERNIE GARDNER WORKS AT A BRANCH OF M&S IN A BP GARAGE IN TWYFORD, JUST A SHORT BUS RIDE AWAY FROM WHERE SHE LIVES ON QUEENS ROAD IN READING,
HOW ON EARTH DOES M&S ALLOW SUCH A MONSTER TO WORK IN ITS SHOP?
On 17th December 2019 this page approached the M&S / BP Garage in Twyford to ask why they allow this monster to work there, but the manager refused to talk to us and the staff member we did speak to, said, "She's served her time, what's it got to do with you?"

Verdicts and sentences​

Bernadette McNeilly
Jean Powell
  • guilty of murder – life imprisonment with a minimum tariff of 25 years
  • guilty of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm – 20 years
  • pleaded guilty to false imprisonment – 20 years
Glyn Powell
  • guilty of murder – life imprisonment with a minimum tariff of 25 years
  • guilty of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm – 20 years
  • guilty of false imprisonment – 20 years
Jeffrey Leigh
  • pleaded guilty to false imprisonment – 12 years
  • acquitted of murder
  • acquitted of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm
Anthony Michael Dudson
  • guilty of murder – detained indefinitely with a minimum tariff of 18 years
  • guilty of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm – 15 years
  • pleaded guilty to false imprisonment – 15 years
Clifford Pook
  • pleaded guilty to conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm – 15 years
  • pleaded guilty to false imprisonment – 15 years
  • acquitted of murder

As the sentences were announced two jurors wept and there were cries of "Yes! Yes!" from the public gallery, which was filled with relatives of the victims.[8] In a statement to the press after the sentencing D.I. Wall said: "Psychological Reports say that these are absolutely sane individuals. It's frightening that they are such ordinary people. There is nothing special about any of them."[7]

Appeals​

Leigh appealed against his sentence, which was reduced from 12 years to 9 years on 4 November 1994.[30] In 2002, Dudson's minimum tariff was cut from 18 years to 16 years.[31] Dudson appealed again, arguing that the reduction was insufficient and that the Lord Chief Justice "had failed to reflect the continuing obligation to have regard to Dudson's welfare." Lord Justice Kennedy and Mr Justice Mackay dismissed this second appeal on 21 November 2003.[32] He was moved to an open prison in 2009.

Jean Powell and McNeilly were granted leave to have the lengths of their minimum sentences reviewed at the Court of Appeal in June 2012. McNeilly's sentence was reduced by one year.[33]

McNeilly prison controversy​

While she was incarcerated at HM Prison Durham, a routine security check in 1996 uncovered letters which revealed McNeilly had been having an affair with the prison governor, Mike Martin. The married officer resigned his position before disciplinary action could be taken. McNeilly, who was sharing a wing with Rosemary West and Myra Hindley, was immediately transferred to HM Prison New Hall.[34]

Releases from prison​

Leigh was freed early from his sentence in 1998, as was Pook in May 2001. Both were released on licence.[35] McNeilly was paroled in 2015 after having her 25 year minimum cut by one year, having been described as a "model prisoner.".[36]

This is a terrible crime of almost unimaginable depravity in terms of the extent to which the main ringleader - Bernadette McNeilly - was clearly enjoying and getting off on it throughout. She and another woman, Jean Powell, along with four males, over the course of a week, brutally tortured amd murdered the 16 year old Suzanne Capper over trivial grievances. But what began as punishment for these largely imaginary grievances, quickly morphed into something that was being done for sheer pleasure.

McNeilly and Powell - Mcneilly had recently moved in with Powell - and with the help of some males, lured the 16 year old Suzanne Capper back to Powell's house. There she had her hair and eyebrows shaved off and was beaten for hours with fists and implements, before being locked in a cupboard. McNeilly and Powell were the ringleaders in all that happened but four males participated too. One of these was introduced to the situation when he called to buy drugs from McNeilly who was then alone in the house, and who seemed ultra-excited and on a high, and gleefully threw some keys to the visitor and told him to look and see what she had in the cupboard. Much later in court he revealed that he saw a shaven headed girl who called herself "Suzanne", and who cowered in absolute terror.

Concerns over McNeilly's and Powell's children hearing Suzanne's crying, led to Suzanne being moved to McNeilly's now empty house, where she was chained spreadeagled on an upturned bed. And with no worries about anyone hearing her cries anymore, the torture escalated. With McNeilly in particular the main perpetrator and driving force, over the next six days, Suzanne was injected with amphetamines, had music played to her through headphones at full volume 24/7, was whipped and beaten on a regular basis and burned with cigarettes, and not once being released to use the toilet. McNeilly laughed with pleasure with every act of torture she perpetrated and delighted in tormenting her victim with some comment about "Chucky (a horror film character) coming to play" immediately before each torture session. At one point, Suzanne was covered in neat disinfectant and scrubbed so harshly with stiff brushes that large areas of her skin were rubbed off. Later, Jean Powell's brother - one of the male participants - pulled out several of Suzanne's teath with a pair of pliers, whilst Bernadette McNeilly and Jean Powell stood in the doorway watching.

At some point it dawned upon them that if their actions ever came to light they'd be doing serious jail time, so it was decided that she had to die. But they wanted even this to be fun. So the two women and two of the men forced her into the boot of a car and drove her to a secluded spot 15 miles away, McNeilly giggling with pleasure in anticipation of what was to follow. Once there she poured 5 litres of petrol over Suzanne and tried to ignite her. After several failed attempts, one of the males succeeded. The ensuing flames were said to have "lit up the forest" with Suzanne's agonised screams filling the night. Those present stood for a short while revelling in the sight of her agonised suffering. McNeilly gleefully initiated singing "Burn, baby, burn" from the 70s hit Disco Inferno as they drove home, stopping to buy some drinks on the way.

Unbenownst to them, however, Suzanne had not died immediately as they assumed, but lived long enough to alert the authorities, name her attackers and provide enough basic details to ensure that within days, the perpetrators were arrested and charged and ultimately given long jail sentences. Incrediby, when first arrested, Jean and Bernadette were laughing and joking about it all.

Still worse, it was soon established that not one of them was in any way insane or mentally unbalanced. In terms of psychological stability, they were as normal as your average Joe. Although heavy drug use - particularly amphetamines - was a constant throughout.

Clearly both women - Bernadette McNeilly in particular - along with the guys involved, are evil sadists who did these terrible things purely for their own sick pleasure.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-court-told-of-teenagers-screams-1464583.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...old-how-16yearold-burnt-to-death-1504790.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/laughter-after-girl-set-alight-jury-told-1464738.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/four-guilty-of-torture-killing-simon-midgley-1468211.html

Great write up!

I hate how the UK (and Canada, Karla Homolka) lets convicted murdered take a new identity once they’re released from prison. They committed the crimes under their names and should have to keep those names. It’s like the government pretty much saying the crimes never happened. I’m glad we don’t do that here in the US.

Back