• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
:wtf: First a pair of week-old severed legs were found with socks but no shoes, then an arm turned up several blocks away in a trash bag. Authorities are looking into as a possible homicide.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/human-legs-new-haven_55a6e01fe4b04740a3def379?utm_hp_ref=crime

UPDATE: 8:50 p.m. -- Police in New Haven, Connecticut, found human body parts Wednesday evening, not far from where a pair of human legs were discovered earlier in the day.

Officers found "what appeared to be at least one human arm in a plastic bag on a ledge" beneath a bridge at 7 p.m., New Have police said in a statement. The arm was discovered "blocks" from where the legs were found around 11 a.m.

Police said forensic testing would be conducted to see if the arm and legs are from the same person. Officers and a cadaver-sniffing dog would continue searching the area, police said.

Earlier:

A pair of human legs were found near train tracks in downtown New Haven, Connecticut, on Wednesday morning.

A homeless man who discovered the partial remains led an officer to the spot, shrouded in dense vegetation, Officer David Hartman told The Huffington Post. Two days ago, a witness told police about the legs, but cops and firefighters were unable to find them in the thick growth.

"Even knowing where they were today, you still couldn't see them from the road unless you knew what you were looking for," Hartman said.

Officers will investigate the discovery as a homicide, said Hartman, though it's possible they will learn the legs didn't come from a living person.

The legs had been severed and weren't covered or wrapped, Hartman said. Socks were on the feet, but no shoes.

There was debris nearby from homeless encampments, but nothing that appeared directly linked to the grisly discovery. The area is up a 30-foot embankment from the train tracks and on the other side of a six-foot fence, Hartman said.

A medical examiner determined that the legs had been severed a week ago, based on the deterioration of the flesh, Hartman said. Additional tests are needed to figure out the age, race and gender of the person. That will aid in identification, as authorities try to match missing persons reports to the remains.

Police continue searching for other body parts, though a cadaver-sniffing dog hasn't found anything.​

Authorities are looking into as a possible homicide.

Possible. :wait:

So still a chance it could just be a suicide :woot:

Hoping for it to be the suicide limbs of a pedo. :p

So, that leaves at least another arm (possibly), a head and a torso still unaccounted for. Curious that it's near train tracks and a homeless encampment. Nice place to leave parts if you wanted to try and throw the police off ...

Possible homicide, let's hope multiples don't start showing up. Possible serial, mass, spree killer having some fun in Connecticut. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A few years ago they had a feet washing up on the shore. I can't recall whatever happened with that. I was a lot of left feet, in shoes. So fricken weird.

Did anything say if the other parts were likely a week decayed as well? Did they take them apart bit per bit? I need to know these things.

A few years ago they had a feet washing up on the shore. I can't recall whatever happened with that. I was a lot of left feet, in shoes. So fricken weird.

Did anything say if the other parts were likely a week decayed as well? Did they take them apart bit per bit? I need to know these things.
I remember that....very weird...

Well since it hasn't been yet declared a homicide I was thinking how tragic this would be if it was an accidental death. Maybe homeless man walking in front of a moving train and his limbs flew upon dismemberment.

Or I'd was an natural cause death the same scenario will still work. Cause naturally your body will come apart when walking in front of a moving train.

Just saying. With this scenario it could be homicide if he was pushed in front of the train. An suicide if it was intentional. An accidental if dude was blind, deaf, and stupid. Or natural cause cause some people are naturally dumb sometimes and think they can jump in front of shit like a moving train and walk away. His legs got away but his arm didn't make it too far.

I'm thinking I may be right. Hense the "possible" homicide.

I remember that....very weird...

This article claims the feet were all from suicides or accidental drownings who were wearing buoyant shoes. Seems like a plausible theory.

It is a mystery which sparked a string of wild and bizarre theories. But the reason why at least 12 human feet have washed up off the Pacific coast of Canada has turned out to be rather more mundane.

Most of the victims were suicides who threw themselves off bridges into the water after which their bodies decomposed naturally, investigators have revealed.

The remains were then taken by the tide and deposited at random places along the coast of British Columbia in Canada and Washington State in the U.S.

The only reason the victims’ feet survived is that they were all wearing rubber-soled shoes like trainers, which fish are unable to chew through.

The mystery was solved by the coroner of British Columbia who said that they were not victims of the Asian Tsunami of 2004.

Stephen Fonseca, who has worked each of the cases, also dismissed the theory they were victims of a human trafficking ring or that they might be stowaways who smuggled themselves onto a container ship as it left Vancouver.

According to reports in the Canadian press, the discoveries began in August 2007 when a man's foot was found on Jedediah Island, northeast of Nanaimo in British Columbia.

Over the next five years they have turned up with occasional regularity, always clad in a rubber soled shoe.

Mr Fonseca put a team of five investigators onto the case to identify each person from their foot, no mean task as feet cannot even tell you a person’s race or age.

The team cross-checked the locations where the feet were found with missing person’s directories and even data on where the shoes were manufactured.

Through painstaking work they were able to work out the real story behind the mystery, including the most recent victim which was found on November 5th 2011, which was ‘definitely an accident’.

Mr Fonseca told the New York Post that most of the victims jumped from a bridge over the Fraser River, which flows into the Pacific Ocean at Vancouver.

Complicating matters were claims by oceanographer Curtis Ebbesmeyer who has said that the feet could have drifted as far as 1,000 miles.

Pranksters have also made the investigation more difficult. In 2008 they planted a hoax ‘foot’ on Vancouver Island which renewed interest in the case.

Only last month further intrigue was added to the story when one foot which washed up was finally identified - 25 years after it was found.

Fisherman Stefan Zahorujko’s boat overturned on January 5th 1987 off the coast of Vancouver but his body was never found. Tests on the sock with bones that was discovered and an investigation proved it was him.​

Unless they are from two different bodies I wouldn't think so since OP states that the arm was found in a trash bag a few blocks away, and I'd guess that the legs would have been found separately as well+blood/debris on or near the tracks at least.
I think what they are implying with the 'possible' was that the limbs may have come from a medical school, morgue, medical waste facility or grave robbing scenario.
Whatever the case may be here's hoping that they ID the victim and find those responsible so the family can at least get the closure of knowing their loved one can rest in peace!

Well since it hasn't been yet declared a homicide I was thinking how tragic this would be if it was an accidental death. Maybe homeless man walking in front of a moving train and his limbs flew upon dismemberment.

Or I'd was an natural cause death the same scenario will still work. Cause naturally your body will come apart when walking in front of a moving train.

Just saying. With this scenario it could be homicide if he was pushed in front of the train. An suicide if it was intentional. An accidental if dude was blind, deaf, and stupid. Or natural cause cause some people are naturally dumb sometimes and think they can jump in front of shit like a moving train and walk away. His legs got away but his arm didn't make it too far.

I'm thinking I may be right. Hense the "possible" homicide.

Unless they are from two different bodies I wouldn't think so since OP states that the arm was found in a trash bag a few blocks away, and I'd guess that the legs would have been found separately as well+blood/debris on or near the tracks at least.
I think what they are implying with the 'possible' was that the limbs may have come from a medical school, morgue, medical waste facility or grave robbing scenario.
Whatever the case may be here's hoping that they ID the victim and find those responsible so the family can at least get the closure of knowing their loved one can rest in peace!

You hit the ground running, I see. Welcome!

Posted: July 16, 2015

Police find 2 severed legs, 2 arms without hands near train tracks in New Haven

NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) - Cadaver dogs were brought in Thursday morning after police said they found three severed human limbs within several hours of one another near train tracks in New Haven.

A pair of human legs was found along a fence in thick foliage near the State Street Railroad Station on Court Street late Wednesday morning, according to police.

New Haven Officer David Hartman said a “rotting smell” caused police to make another discovery around 7 p.m.

About a block away, police discovered a human arm in a plastic bag on a ledge below the Chapel Street Bridge near Union Avenue. On Thursday, police said there were actually two arms found in that plastic bag.

Both arms are missing their hands. The part of the arms was from the shoulder to the wrists.

Police cadaver dogs checked up and down the tracks on State Street on Thursday, even looking near Union Station.

"Detectives from our forensic unit opened the bag and found what appears to be a human arm, at least one human arm,” Hartman said.

With this latest discovery of the arms wrapped in plastic, police said a train accident has been ruled out as the cause of death.

"A couple of days ago, probably Monday, I thought I smelled something a little odd, like a dead animal,” Michael Fumiatti, who works in downtown New Haven, said. “ never gave it a second thought."

Hartman said it's not clear if the limbs belong to a single person. He added, the limbs are so decomposed that they cannot determine the race and gender of the person.

The legs were badly decomposed, officials said, making it difficult to identify them.

Police said they believe it’s not likely the limbs were dismembered at these spots, which means they were dumped there.

“We have bizarre cases from time to time, but I can't remember any case where we've found body parts, certainly not in recent memory,” Hartman said. "It would be incredibly coincidental if they were separate cases, and also I'd say incredibly disturbing if they were separate cases."

Many in the downtown area said the whole incident makes their scene crawl.

"I think it’s totally insane. It’s crazy. Legs? This city is going down under,” Darlene Galberth, of New Haven, said.

Officials with the Chief Medical Examiner’s office are working to identify the body parts. Police said they will be combing through missing persons reports. But, they added that they were reaching out to other departments.

Dr. Henry C. Lee, a world-renowned forensic scientist, used to run the state police lab and said cases like this involve team work.

"I've been in this forensic field and police field for more than 56 years, investigate 300 to 400 dismembering cases," Lee said.

He said forensic scientists will try to determine the age, race and gender, along with examining the plastic bag the arms were in and even the socks on the legs to see if they can get a fiber of a hair to see if DNA can help identify the victim or even a suspect.

"Once you find three pieces of the same profile, you can pit in a national DNA bank, try to search missing person file, try to search criminal record file," Lee said.

I'm just trying to imagine the discovery of these separate instances of coming across these limbs, unwrapped or no. Two arms from shoulder to wrist suggest the possibility that the hands may have been removed to hamper identification of the victim by fingerprints.

Update: "Body parts likely thrown from roadway"

Law enforcement think someone pitched all the body parts out of a moving car. They're saying it may take up to a week to have results that could lead to an identification, though they think they're probably all the same victim. I have to say, if it took them that long to discover there were actually two arms, then maybe the arms are pretty far down the course of decomposition. Pretty stomach-turning that the police area asking people who smell anything suspicious to contact them (see below). :vomit:

As New Haven police continue their investigation into body parts found in the area of the State Street train station, officials said they believe the body parts were thrown out of a moving vehicle and landed where they were found.

New Haven Police Public Information Officer David Hartman held a press conference Thursday afternoon announcing that it may take up to a week and half for the medical examiner to have conclusive results that could be used to identify the victim. Hartman also said that their investigation has revealed that the body parts were most likely tossed from the roadway, and they believe they were thrown by the same person.

Early Thursday afternoon, police revealed that a second arm was inside of the same bag that contained the first arm discovered Wednesday night. After a closer examination of the bag containing the arm, investigators discovered there were actually two arms in the bag. Both arms are missing their hands. Officials tell News 8 that neither the hands or any other body parts have been discovered.

Five state police cadaver dogs were back at it this morning, searching the tracks near the State Street train station for any more body parts. This, after two severed human legs were found in the bushes near the west side of the tracks, and a severed human arm was found on a ledge above the east side of the tracks. Both were next to bridges over the tracks used by lots of people every day.

Police found the arm in a plastic bag Wednesday night after someone complained about the smell. Question number one is: are they all from the same person?

“As much as I’d like to say we can tie these together, it’s certainly probable, but we cannot at this time,” according to New Haven Police Dept. spokesman Officer David Hartman at a Wednesday night press conference.

Police are looking at anything they can in New Haven, as well as surrounding towns. If you see or smell anything suspicious, contact New Haven police.

http://wtnh.com/2015/07/16/search-continues-after-body-parts-found-in-new-haven/

Is there a reason? Did I miss something, lol?

Mexican drug cartels love chainsaw decapitation and dismemberment. Remember La Flaca, the female assassin who was found in a cooler, cut to pieces? Can't find the article on here but here's an article on her death:
http://www.inquisitr.com/2034702/who-killed-la-flaca-female-mexican-assassin-found-dismembered/

These type of killings are more common in the border states but I wouldn't put it past any place with Mexican gangs, which New Haven has a'plenty.
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-connecticut-has-so-many-dangerous-cities-2013-6

Mexican drug cartels love chainsaw decapitation and dismemberment. Remember La Flaca, the female assassin who was found in a cooler, cut to pieces? Can't find the article on here but here's an article on her death:
http://www.inquisitr.com/2034702/who-killed-la-flaca-female-mexican-assassin-found-dismembered/

These type of killings are more common in the border states but I wouldn't put it past any place with Mexican gangs, which New Haven has a'plenty.
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-connecticut-has-so-many-dangerous-cities-2013-6
What's interesting about Hartford itself is that it has essentially no middle -class population living within the city itself. There are smatterings of middle class or wealthy people here and there, but pretty much anybody who can afford to lives out in the suburbs.

There are very few individual residential streets within the city that I wouldn't officially classify as a shithole, of varying degrees.

What's interesting about Hartford itself is that it has essentially no middle -class population living within the city itself. There are smatterings of middle class or wealthy people here and there, but pretty much anybody who can afford to lives out in the suburbs.

There are very few individual residential streets within the city that I wouldn't officially classify as a shithole, of varying degrees.
What is the Hartford connection? I thought it all happened in New Haven...

Update: The severed legs belonged the man below. His name was Ray Robinson and he was 54. He was homeless. The arms have yet to be identified, the haven't ruled this man out yet.

legs28n-1-web_zpstzgjb6tf.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ain-tracks-belong-transient-article-1.2305564

The severed legs belonged to Ray Roberson, a 54-year-old homeless man living in New Haven, authorities said.

A pair of dismembered and decomposing legs found near train tracks in downtown New Haven belong to a 54-year-old homeless man, DNA evidence shows.

Ray Roberson was never reported missing and investigators say the limbs lay in underbrush by the Metro-North Railroad tracks near the State Street station for at least a week before they were discovered by a passerby July 15. The legs were strewn along a chain-link fence near a known homeless encampment, authorities said.

Just hours later, someone discovered nearby a bag containing two arms, the hands chopped off. Police have yet to determine whether the arms also belong to Roberson, according to WFSB-TV.

The case is being investigated as a homicide, police said. Roberson was last seen alive May 20, according to the TV station.

Online records show Yale University police arrested Roberson for breach of peace on May 5. He reportedly missed a court date in New Haven on June 17.

The transient has several criminal convictions, mostly for breach of peace or disorderly conduct.

It’s unclear how, or where, he was killed.​

Back