• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

DamagedGoods

Asmodeus - Destroyer of Men
Bold Member!
I've noticed on other large forums that there is often a sub-forum in which members can post their wares for sale to other members. I know there are a few members here who sell things, myself included. (Which is of course why I'm thinking about it, but I was going to ask @Morbid if he minded my advertising on here in the way of adding a link to my website/pricing info to stuff I post. Then as I was thinking about how to word that, and whether or not it was a douchey thing to ask in the first place (One of my OCD symptoms... can't help it.) I remembered about market places and figured my fellow members might be better served by that.)

Now, I know this would probably be a bandwidth suck, in addition to being free advertising and would probably require greater over-sight than a lot of other sub-forums. Therefore, I submit that in order to post items for sale, you would pay a nominal fee per advertisement, maybe through patreon or something. Or you could add a higher tier to bold membership, where for an additional cost you are permitted to post stuff for sale as long as you retain that membership.

Of course I have no fucking idea about running forums, so...

Let me think about how that would work and I'll get back to you.
Danke schoen!

I'd be more than happy to help run it when and if I reach a non-flake stage. I'd love to offer to help immediately... I know it'd add more workload to running the forums; hell my asshole brain is trying to insist we could totally do this, just offer anyway, but she's a goddamned liar always trying to make promises I fail to keep if my err... depression kicks back in.

Back