• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Divers were frantically searching for a 7-month-old baby boy on Monday whose father jumped from the Arrigoni Bridge into the Connecticut River Sunday night in a failed suicide attempt.
Police issued a Silver Alert for Aaden Moreno, who was last seen wearing black pants and a white shirt with black stripes and a Mickey Mouse picture on it. The little boy is 2-feet tall and weighs 23 pounds. He has big brown eyes and brown hair.
Authorities say his father, Tony Moreno, 22, called someone around 11:35 p.m. on Sunday night and threatened to commit suicide. The person Moreno called contacted police to report Moreno’s behavior and threat to jump from the steel arch bridge into the Connecticut River.
The caller who reported Moreno's suicidal behavior also reported hearing Aaden in the background while the two were on the phone.
Officers responding to the scene Sunday night said they believe the baby was with Moreno, but did not actually see the child. They did see Moreno jump into the water.
Middletown firefighters rescued Moreno from the river. He was airlifted to Hartford Hospital, where he is listed in serious condition.
Police also are looking into the possibility Moreno threw his son into the river before he jumped. They are checking with friends and family to see if he dropped the baby off somewhere else. Middletown Mayor Daniel Drew told the Hartford Courant, “There are a number of other sites the police department is searching… including public places, because they want to leave nothing to chance.”

[...]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/0...nth-old-child-man-who-jumped-off-bridge-into/

Where's Mom?

They are checking friends and family and I know Mom is family but a parent is usually listed separately. Just curious.

She had a temporary RO but the full one was denied at a hearing on the 29th... I'd love to know why on that one.

I'm sorry. I just am unable to comprehend how a parent can look into the face of their loving child one moment and throw them into the cold, dark water far below that means certain death in the next. I'm just unable to comprehend what it would take to reach that kind of mindset. It means nothing that this "Father" followed his son into those same waters as his chances of survival were 100% better than his sons and oh yeah, by the way, he lived. I guess he was better equipped when his instinct to survive kicked in than his 7 month old baby son.
God be with the mother who grieves for her child tonight and the many, many untold nights to come despite all her effort to try to save him. <3

Last edited:
Here's part of what the judge said at the hearing where he dismissed the RO:

"I don't know whether the two of you are mature enough at this present time to have an adult relationship," Pinkus told the parents at the time. "You're not giving me grown-up behavior … You're parents now. Okay? And if you want your child to grow up to be healthy and well, you need to grow up and deal with each other as adults, and you're not doing that right now."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/infant-body-found-ct-river-dad-tosses-bridge-article-1.2284983

An unhinged Connecticut father who allegedly threatened to "make my son disappear any time of the day," according to court documents seeking a restraining order, made good on the threat.

The body of a 7-month-old boy was found in the Connecticut River on Tuesday, two days after his despondent dad tossed the infant off a bridge and then jumped himself, police said.

Tony Moreno, 22, plunged approximately 90 feet off the Arrigoni Bridge, a steel arch structure which connects Middletown and Portland, Conn.

He survived the fall and his condition is improving but his child's body was found about 14 miles down river near the East Haddam Bridge, the Hartford Courant reported.

Little Aaden Moreno was taken from the water by Connecticut State Police around 8 p.m.

The death comes on the heels of a bitter custody fight. The child's mother, 19-year-old Adrianne Oyola, was granted a temporary restraining order, only to have it revoked 12 days later on June 29.

"He has told me he could make my son disappear any time of the day," she wrote in her initial court filing, the Courant reported.

"He told me how he could make me disappear, told me how he could kill me. I sometimes am scared to sleep. He told me he would put me in the ground and put something on me to make me disintegrate faster."

Oyola, who graduated from Middletown High School last month, called the controlling Moreno mentally and physically abusive as well as a "danger" to Aaden.

Yet Superior Court Judge Barry C. Pinkus ruled the young father was not an "imminent" threat, according to the Courant.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/infant-body-found-ct-river-dad-tosses-bridge-article-1.2284983

These fuckers never seem to die when they should. What a crock of shit and he is a yellow bellied coward motherfucker. I wish so much someone would put a pillow over his face and smother him dead.

I wish so much someone would put a pillow over his face and smother him dead.
Nope, that would be too easy. He needs to feel pain...lots and lots of pain. You know, the kind of pain one feels when a chainsaw is slowing slicing into their body?...

Sleep with whomever you want, but be very careful with whom you make a child.

Is that you as a baby, rod2pop? Cute photo. <3

I understand a judges job can be hard, especially when having to make decisions based on he said.. She said.. But we are talking about a persons safety in regards to the restraining order, why NOT just play it safe and GRANT 1 . you weigh the pros and con's in any situation and make a decision.. There is NO CONS for giving a restraining order where it was not needed. ...and so many pros...
I'm not saying that would have saved this lil boy.. Uugghh its sad for EVERYONE except the pos sperm donor.. I hope his life is painful for every minute that he breathes..

I understand a judges job can be hard, especially when having to make decisions based on he said.. She said.. But we are talking about a persons safety in regards to the restraining order, why NOT just play it safe and GRANT 1 . you weigh the pros and con's in any situation and make a decision.. There is NO CONS for giving a restraining order where it was not needed. ...and so many pros...
I'm not saying that would have saved this lil boy.. Uugghh its sad for EVERYONE except the pos sperm donor.. I hope his life is painful for every minute that he breathes..

I agree completely.

The thing is, she already had a temporary restraining order, but the court f-ing revoked it when the judge decided the murderer didn't look like an "imminent" threat. I don't care about whether a threat is imminent or not, I care about any possible threat when it comes to innocent, defenseless babies for feck's sake!

I hope this judge regrets this decision for the rest of his life and actually learns something from it. Maybe he'll be more cautious next time.

Aaden was such an adorable little guy. I hope there is extreme prison justice waiting for this guy. RIP Aaden.

This shakes my soul. my baby is a month younger. i just want to cry. i cant imagine. he was beautiful. rest in peace..

I agree completely.

The thing is, she already had a temporary restraining order, but the court f-ing revoked it when the judge decided the murderer didn't look like an "imminent" threat. I don't care about whether a threat is imminent or not, I care about any possible threat when it comes to innocent, defenseless babies for feck's sake!

I hope this judge regrets this decision for the rest of his life and actually learns something from it. Maybe he'll be more cautious next time.

I hate when judges make decisions based with "I'm god" complex... Meaning they believe that they KNOW everything... Well judge ... YOU FAILED and a innocent baby died ..and again I'm not saying that the baby would be alive if he had granted the protection order....but you never know ..And again ..
.what would it have hurt to grant 1 ..uugghh..

Last edited:
"Dad's" mug shot is now on the link that I posted yesterday and it's been updated to reflect that he has now been charged with Aaden's murder.

What a prime asshole. Another motherfucker who needs to control everything. Tell us how that's working for you when you're bent over in jail taking a cock up your ass, dickhead. Tell us about your control then.

She had a temporary RO but the full one was denied at a hearing on the 29th... I'd love to know why on that one.
I HOPE the person responsible for not giving her the ro is held accountable for their actions. i hope this is good enough reason. god!&!;3&3

Fucking evil monster. Poor baby and his mom :( I just can't even imagine what she went through while texting that asshole. What a heartbreaking situation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...n-off-bridge-sentenced-to-70-years/ar-BBBKhIL
[....]
Superior Court Judge Elpedio N. Vitale imposed the maximum penalty on Moreno, telling Moreno during a sentencing hearing that his actions “were a culmination of his ongoing hostility with the baby’s mother,” Adrianne Oyola.

“The utter depravity of the crime, a father killing his infant son, speaks for itself,” Vitale said.

Oyola spoke at Wednesday’s sentencing. She said she cannot forgive Moreno.

“Every time I wake up, I pray the nightmare will be over and my son will be in my arms,” Oyola said. “Just know I tried to forgive you, but that’s impossible.”

A Superior Court jury found Moreno guilty earlier this year of murder and risk of injury to a child. Moreno’s attorney, Norman A. Pattis, tried to convince jurors during the trial that Moreno never intended to kill baby Aaden, and only went out on the bridge on July 5, 2015, with the intention of killing himself.

On Wednesday, Pattis argued for Moreno to receive the mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years.

“Tony told you what happened. The jury disregarded it. Aaden slipped from his grasp,” Pattis said.
[....]
Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Eugene Calistro told the judge Wednesday that parents have a sacred bond with their children, but Moreno cut his own son’s life short.

“There is supposed to be unconditional love. That’s not the case here. That bond was heinously severed,” Calistro said. “He betrayed that bond back on July 5, 2015 when he killed his son.”

On the Sunday night Aaden was thrown from the bridge, Moreno had custody of the baby, according to a joint custody agreement he signed with Oyola just a week earlier. He left home with Aaden in his stroller and walked to the Arrigoni Bridge, sending text messages to Oyola as he walked and from the bridge.

Moreno also called his mother, Denise Moreno, and told her to come pick up Aaden’s stroller and a phone containing pictures of the child. She and her other son, Aaron Moreno, raced to the bridge and called police along the way, but when they arrived, Moreno had already thrown Aaden from the bridge into the Connecticut River.
[....]
Smith, Denise Moreno, Aaron Moreno and another police officer arriving on the scene watched as Moreno grabbed the railing with both hands and hurled himself over the edge of the bridge. Moreno was pulled from the river after about a half hour as police and fire officials started the grim two-day search for Aaden. A kayaker found the boy’s body downstream in East Haddam.

Moreno confessed to a detective in the intensive care unit at Hartford Hospital not long after regaining consciousness. He also confessed to a hospital psychiatrist later on with a police officer present.
[....]

Back