• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
IZ3hhpq.jpg
A young mother living in Ronkonkoma was charged Monday with neglecting her children so badly that one of them starved to death and the other, a 2-year-old, weighed just 15 pounds when police arrived.

Louisa Givens, 21, was indicted on a charge of second-degree manslaughter in the death of her younger child, Kayden Givens, a 10-month-old boy, on May 19. He weighed 13 pounds and had been dead for hours when Suffolk police responded to a 911 call of a child not breathing, Suffolk Assistant District Attorney Caren Manzello said at Givens' arraignment.
[...]

Manzello said in court that the children had been left unattended for 17 hours at the time of the call from Givens' apartment above a catering facility. An autopsy determined the boy died of malnutrition and dehydration, she said.

Manzello said Kayden's sister, Ava Johnson, was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital and recovered after nine days of treatment, most of which involved simply feeding her.
[...]

Ava is now in foster care, said Robert Clifford, spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney's office.
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...arged-in-malnutrition-death-of-baby-1.6694338
The defendant called 911 on the evening of May 19 and said she found her son Kayden Givens unresponsive and not breathing. The investigation found the baby had been left unattended for at least 17 hours before the defendant called for help. The baby was pronounced dead at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital. The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s Office determined the boy died of malnutrition and dehydration.

The victim’s older sister, who emergency response personnel determined was suffering from dehydration and malnutrition, was transported to University Medical Center in Stonybrook where she recovered after nine days of treatment.

The forensic investigation of the boy’s death and the criminal investigation of the crimes committed against both children required months of toxicological and other tests to determine the cause and manner of death of the baby, Kayden Givens, and the circumstances that led to the charges of reckless endangerment in the first degree and endangering the welfare of a child related to the defendant’s daughter Ava Johnson.
http://www.newsli.com/2013/12/30/mo...ld-son-left-unattended-for-at-least-17-hours/

Newsday also featured her in a November 3, 2012 article on the aftereffects of Hurricane Sandy:

Days after Sandy, finding relief at shelters
Louisa Givens went four days without eating. Any food she had, a piece of fruit, the last few slices of bologna, she cut up and gave to her daughter.

Givens, 19, lost electricity on Monday, as Sandy's fierce winds struck Long Island. As the days went by, it started getting colder. She bundled up her two children in jackets, hats and gloves and lay with them in bed to keep them warm.

Then, on Thursday, she ran out of food at her Ronkonkoma apartment, where she lives with her children, Ava, 2, Kayden, 3 months, and her husband, Daniel.

"I can't have them not eat -- they are my children," Givens said. She went to the Red Cross shelter at the Sachem East High School in Farmingville on Thursday. The electrician who works at her apartment complex drove her there, where she is staying with her two children while her husband is working in Brooklyn.

As soon as she got to the shelter, she got everything she needed -- food, baby formula, clothes and diapers, she said. The shelter's "main priority is the children and that's what I love."

When asked what has gotten her through this difficult time, she glanced at her cot and said "them," looking right at her two children.
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/days-after-sandy-finding-relief-at-shelters-1.4184932

They must have been starving for a while. I can't believe she left them unattended for 17 hours but she had to have been neglecting them longer than that for both kids to weigh so little and one to die. A 10 month old weighing 13 pounds!!!

neglecting her children so badly that one of them starved to death and the other, a 2-year-old, weighed just 15 pounds

2 years old and only 15 pounds and no one said anything before it was too late???
How did no one notice this baby starving to death?? :(

Givens, 19, lost electricity on Monday, as Sandy's fierce winds struck Long Island. As the days went by, it started getting colder. She bundled up her two children in jackets, hats and gloves and lay with them in bed to keep them warm.
Then, on Thursday, she ran out of food at her Ronkonkoma apartment, where she lives with her children, Ava, 2, Kayden, 3 months, and her husband, Daniel.
"I can't have them not eat -- they are my children," Givens said.

So 7 months later she's, all who gives a fuck, about whether the babies eat or not and now the youngest baby is dead?

This is fucked right up ..

I've been reading on here for weeks and I just have to comment. What the flying fuck happened. My 9 month old weights 19 pounds and I'm constantly worried she's to light how the fuck can anyone live with a 15 lb two year old and not be up in arms about it

Little kids, and starving, living above a catering facility, with all those food smells. I had to let that sink in.

Where's her husband? Two kids at 21 is no fun. Especially when you have no support and both kids are under 5.
So sad these babies had to go through this. People need to quit being to stupid to use fucking condoms and quit thinking having babies is what a happy marriage life what the fuck ever is about.
Ugh.

Where's her husband? Two kids at 21 is no fun. Especially when you have no support and both kids are under 5.
So sad these babies had to go through this. People need to quit being to stupid to use fucking condoms and quit thinking having babies is what a happy marriage life what the fuck ever is about.
Ugh.
I agree! Two kids at 21 is not any fun. What so ever. I was a single mom... had my son at 18, my daughter at 20, and was a single mom by 21. LOL. Anyone could probably look up the minute entries and see what support I got (which wouldn't have fed a goldfish). Ah, I hate reading about stories like this. Breaks my heart. :( I remember trying to learn how to cook from scratch because buying those premade meal things were too damn expensive when you make $8 hour.

I've been reading on here for weeks and I just have to comment. What the flying fuck happened. My 9 month old weights 19 pounds and I'm constantly worried she's to light how the fuck can anyone live with a 15 lb two year old and not be up in arms about it

I wouldn't worry. What matters is that you feed her and take her to the doctor, unlike this bitch, who obviously wasn't doing either.

Welcome to DD, and enjoy your baby! They don't stay that little forever. :)

I had 2 kids and 1 on the way at 21 and I was a single mom... That's no excuse... Not saying that's what you guys are saying I'm just hoping she doesn't say "oh poor little ol' me" sympathy shit :mad:

That's just the thing, I too was a single mom at ...well, at 22. She was born 4 days after my 22nd birthday.
ANYWAY, the thing is many of us who started young and didn't starve our kids, we had at least one parent who cared for us and fed us regularly...someone who showed us how it was meant to be done.

I'm not saying it's impossible to rise above one's beginnings but I am saying we will see (and are, on here!) more and more cases of neglectful parenting because those new parents - had no one to show them the way.
Long ago if someone's parent was the town drunk or something, no one called the cops but the community did take them under their wing. Food on the doorstep, maybe an invite to church or something.

I think the answer is it DOES take a village...I just am not sure how one orchestrates a village. I don't know my neighbors, I don't go to church, I'm a product of 2013 as much as the next person.

From 2014:
Long Island Mom Gets Time Served In Child-Starvation Death

RIVERHEAD, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A Long Island mother who pleaded guilty in the starvation death of her 10-month-old son has been released from jail, but has been barred from seeing her daughter.

Louisa Givens, of Lake Ronkonkoma, was sentenced to time served plus five years of probation by a Suffolk County judge on Wednesday.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/03/long-island-mom-gets-time-served-in-child-starvation-death/

Lives above a catering facility. Was on the news talking about going hungry for her kids. The irony is strong with this one. How tragic. Poor helpless babies!

Wow...catering company...I would have been robbing it...dressed like a ninja in the middle of the night...I would have gotten a cheese cake too and served it to kids for breakfast. More dignity in a B&E than there is in dead babies.

From GenericUser's link:
Investigators said there was sufficient food in the house for the children when they were found.

She had food. They still starved. She should NEVER have been released from prison this soon. The only way she should have the opportunity for freedom is if it were under the condition of forced sterilization to prevent this tragedy from ever happening again.

Back