• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I keep waiting for any sort of updates, and have to wonder: is it that the local news is not taking any interest in the story? I don't expect a trial to be done yet, but if something like this happened in my area they'd be doing a story every time the defendants were in court.

Also, does Texas not require a hearing to move the 17 y/o to adult court? Are they not doing that, or in Texas are 17 year olds charged as adults automatically? I've just wondered about this from the beginning, and have been searching for updates ever since.

I keep waiting for any sort of updates, and have to wonder: is it that the local news is not taking any interest in the story? I don't expect a trial to be done yet, but if something like this happened in my area they'd be doing a story every time the defendants were in court.

Also, does Texas not require a hearing to move the 17 y/o to adult court? Are they not doing that, or in Texas are 17 year olds charged as adults automatically? I've just wondered about this from the beginning, and have been searching for updates ever since.
Two words: gag order.
There's interest in this case but everything the public needs to "know" has been given and my guess until something significant happens i.e. plea deal, or they actually go to trial we won't hear anything of any real significance. They don't want to try this in the media before it ever goes to trial like they did Casey Anthony and lose.

I do know that on the tarrant county criminal docket site Alexis has been charged with Capital murder for a child under 10 and still has the tampering charge. She was charged around the time her family tried to bail her out. So they didn't have enough to cover the new charge.

I do know that on the tarrant county criminal docket site Alexis has been charged with Capital murder for a child under 10 and still has the tampering charge. She was charged around the time her family tried to bail her out. So they didn't have enough to cover the new charge.
I just went to tarrant county site and did not see a charge of capital murder person under 10. I remember last year they increased her amount for the charge of injury to child, but don't see any new charges, especially murder 1. What site is that charge listed?

She's still in custody and here's her charges she's in custody on effective today.

This is still her mug shot on the two counts she's in on. And her $575,000 bond.

http://imgur.com/6pZBCXk

I'm not sure that posted correctly....

She's got two charges. The first has a $75,000 bond, and it's for tampering with evidence.

The second has a half million dollar bond, and it's for injuring a child (and the rest is abbreviated, so I can't tell the precise details of the charge from the way it's posted on her booking photo alone, but it shows as follows): INJ CHILD/ELD-SBI-MEN

ETA: you guys already knew this, but here's the screenshot and confirmation that she's still in.

Last edited:
Found her.

The second has a half million dollar bond, and it's for injuring a child (and the rest is abbreviated, so I can't tell the precise details of the charge from the way it's posted on her booking photo alone, but it shows as follows): INJ CHILD/ELD-SBI-MEN
It means Injury to a Child or Elderly with Serious Bodily Injury or Mental Abuse.

I'm pretty hard but this one has me close to tears. To stamp on a helpless child until she vomits and dies - and her Mother just stood by and did NOTHING. I have no more words strong enough to describe the pieces of human excrement who committed this crime against this most precious little girl. I'm tired of the pain people cause to blessings who never asked to be born and all they wanted was to be loved and looked after. SICKENED by this.

That report is one of the most awful things I've read - and I've read plenty of sick shit in my time. Nobody in their right mind would go to sleep after seeing a man beat their child, then wake up to him beating her, then see her covered in BITE MARKS and bruises, then let him smash her and stomp her some more, then help him bury her, then carry on in his company. I cannot get my head around this. I cannot understand these Motherfuckers and I never will.
He was torturing that baby all night while her Mother left him to it. I would've had a knife in his back the minute he even gave my baby the side eye.

I FUCKING LOVE YOU! <3
This is your second comment that made me think this. Just had to tell you. Seriously. You rock!!!

I wish we could just publicly stone these two ignorant so son's of I don't know what. I'm just so appalled that a mother could go along with such a heinous and morally corrupt plan. That was her baby she killed and discarded like trash. For what? I still don't understand and I hope I never do.

Updated photo of beard. I look at this piece of shit and wish we could bring back hanging. I hope he gets the death penalty! !
11goe80.png
Fetal alcohol syndrome? He will be popular in prison with those ears. I just want to whip rocks at him till he no longer breaths.

Weird thought I've had with no substantiating evidence:

Let's say her story is the truth. I'm not sure I believe it, but let's say. Add that to the theory that she may have been high the night it happened, making her afraid of the consequences and declining to get help.

I bet there's antidepressants and/or cocaine factoring in here. If she is telling the truth about what happened, she may have experienced a cocaine overdose or be in serotonin syndrome even now. It's the single thing that would explain this to me. Cocaine overdose can mimic serotonin syndrome so closely that they two have historically been confused - think Libby Zion, 1984, a case still often erroneously listed as a cocaine overdose in spite of copious lab reports to the contrary. Having attended patients who slipped into SSRI fugue -and having experienced it myself about a year ago - it's the sole condition I can see that would allow an otherwise "normal" person to assist in the burial of their child and not react. You feel nothing. It's worse than clinical depression in that suicide doesn't even seem a refuge - just another thing that takes too much effort.

If they're plying a psych defense, that'd be the route to go. I can't help but feel that the specific drug named in the findings will be cocaine, and I really feel sure that the nation is about to get a reminder about what Setotonin Syndrome is.
no.

CID:0851192
Name:BEARD,JOSHUA
Case:1376884
Docket:1376884
DOffense:CAP MURDER PRSN U/TEN YOA
Court:CDC2 - Criminal District Court No. 2
Event:SP - SPECIAL SETTING
Date:10/05/2015
Custody Status:In Jail
Prosecutor:WESTMORELAND,MELINDA [W34]Defense Atty:CUMMINGS,FRED [FCM] Bondsman:[ ]Bond Amount:$0.00

CID:0851226
Name:BOTELLO,ALEXIS
Case:1376957
Docket:1376957
Offense:CAP MURDER PRSN U/TEN YOA
Event:SC - STATUS CONFERENCE
Settings Date:10/12/2015
Prosecutor:WESTMORELAND,MELINDA [W34]Defense Atty:ST.JOHN,J WARREN [SNA] Bondsman:[ ]Bond Amount:$0.00

CID:0851226
Name:BOTELLO,ALEXIS
Case:1376941
Docket:1376941
Offense:TAMP/FAB PHY EVID W/INENT
Event:SC - STATUS CONFERENCE
Settings Date:10/12/2015
Prosecutor:WESTMORELAND,MELINDA [W34]Defense Atty:ST.JOHN,J WARREN [SNA] Bondsman:[ ]Bond Amount:$0.00

The last dead baby I saw was 30 yrs. ago...I had to help deliver a 22 weeker, too small to live more than a few, brief minutes, and I had to wrap that tiny, helpless, precious little "see-through" child up, take him in my arms through blinding, broken-hearted tears to the "Storage Room," place him in an old, cold, wooden "train cart" basket which ran on a conveyor belt system through the bowels of the hospital from 5th floor Labor & Delivery to the morgue in the basement, and place him in that cart alone, like some dirty, half-eaten, cafeteria tray garbage nobody wanted anymore. They'd already called his time of death earlier, when he took his last true breath, in my arms. After my L & D and Pediatric rotations, I swore that as long as I had breath left in my body, I would never, ever see another dead child again. And thankfully, I've haven't had to yet. I just wanted you all to know how very much many of us real, live people behind these screens/posts care about Tylea, herself, and how very difficult it has been for some of us to keep up with this thread, especially when speaking of ppl contemplating what to do with a dead baby's body...Regardless of who's who, or who's at fault for what, as hard as it is to read sometimes, thanks for keeping us updated. - GK.

I know this is over a year old, but I had to comment anyway. I'm sitting in my doctor's office, just killing time reading this enormous thread. Feeling nothing but anger and disgust at people who could do such a heinous act and then go about their business as if they'd tossed aside a burger wrapper, rather than their baby... and then I hit this post.

And now I'm trying furiously not to blink, and willing myself not to lose it in the middle of all these disinterested strangers.

You have a gift with words- I often think this as I read through posts... I don't comment nearly as much as I read here, but I always love your posts. Not many people are so easily able to convey how they felt in a given situation, and so eloquently relate that in a way that others can put themselves even somewhat into their shoes.

So, thanks, I guess, for just being awesome and being here. :) It's people like you who keep me coming here day after day, and a simple show the love just didn't seem sufficient. <3

I know this is over a year old, but I had to comment anyway. I'm sitting in my doctor's office, just killing time reading this enormous thread. Feeling nothing but anger and disgust at people who could do such a heinous act and then go about their business as if they'd tossed aside a burger wrapper, rather than their baby... and then I hit this post.

And now I'm trying furiously not to blink, and willing myself not to lose it in the middle of all these disinterested strangers.

You have a gift with words- I often think this as I read through posts... I don't comment nearly as much as I read here, but I always love your posts. Not many people are so easily able to convey how they felt in a given situation, and so eloquently relate that in a way that others can put themselves even somewhat into their shoes.

So, thanks, I guess, for just being awesome and being here. :) It's people like you who keep me coming here day after day, and a simple show the love just didn't seem sufficient. <3

...Now I'm the one blinking...You can't know how deeply touched and humbled I am by your kindness. I wish you could see the look on my face because I think the wet eyeliner and blushing complexion would explain the gratitude I can't seem to put into words. Without knowing it, and without knowing why, you just gave me the most amazing, timely gift I could've asked for...

You may not post as much as you read, but you have a gift with words as well. Your own descriptive of how you feel about this child's short life and outrageous death - "Feeling nothing but anger and disgust at people who could do such a heinous act and then go about their business as if they'd tossed aside a burger wrapper, rather than their baby..." is a beautifully expressed example and couldn't be more on par with the mental picture it creates and the emotion it stirs, so I consider myself in very good company. Just...thank you for being you, and for being here, too. <3

The prosecutor seems to have a good track record with child abuse and death cases. Plugged her name in & found these articles

Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Abusing 5-Year-Old
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/09/19/man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-abusing-5-year-old/

Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Fondling Granddaughter
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/09/26/man-gets-life-in-prison-for-fondling-granddaughter/

Defendant accused of trading sex with a child for meth
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article17808584.html

Man gets 30 years in prison for causing child’s head injury
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article3863002.html

Man sentenced to life in prison without parole for sexually assaulting 5-year-old relative in Tarrant County
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...g-5-year-old-relative-in-tarrant-county.html/

Ex-Local Daycare Owner Convicted Of Murder In Infant's Death
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/...-Of-Former-Local-Daycare-Owner-304722291.html

Traumatic Brain Injury On A Child Gets Man 30 Yrs in Prison

http://www.rblawgroup.com/press-roo...jury-on-a-child-gets-a-man-30-years-in-prison

Female Defendant, "Leticia", 33, of Fort Worth, Found Guilty of Trading Sex with a 12-Yr-Old Girl for Meth

http://fav-meth-head-of-the-day.com...x-with-a-12-year-old-gir-for-methamphetamine/

Man sentenced to life in prison without parole for sexually assaulting 5-year-old relative in Tarrant County
http://www.justice4caylee.org/t20948-unnamed-girl-5-yo-convicted-julio-ortiz-chavarria-ft-worth-tx

Last edited:
This gives me hope that they will get a harsh punishment. The is the case that actually brought me to this site. Now I find myself reading it every night before bed. I feel like it's taking forever to be over with.

I feel like it's taking forever to be over with.
It's going to.

This is a potential death penalty or LWOP case for Joshua, the egg donor isn't going to get off easy either, while she can't be executed she can get LWOP as well which is a tremendous sentence for someone under 18 at the time of the crime, requiring extra hearing to get her sentenced that severely.

Personally, as much as I want to see them punished, I want the State to take their time and cross their t's and dot their i's, this all needs to be done right the first time, no shades of Casey Anthony bullshit this go-around.

Back