• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.fox4news.com/story/29130...ys-school-threatened-to-suspend-over-pictures

7850271_G.jpg

A high school sophomore says his school threatened to suspend him because of some photographs he posted online and tried to sell.

But it's not the content of the photos that's the problem -- it's where and how he took them.

For months now, Flower Mound High School sophomore Anthony Mazur spends at least six hours a week taking pictures of school games using a school camera.

He had only sold a handful of the more than 4,000 pictures he's taken until March, when the school administration asked him to stop.

“He's like, ‘I'm asking you to take the website down. I'm not asking you to return the money you made. I won't report you to the IRS for not paying taxes,'” said Mazur.
[....]
Attorney Shonn Brown deals with copyright law and isn't associated with Mazur's situation.

"Generally speaking, an art or photographer is the owner of their images,” said Brown.

Even though it's a school camera, Brown says the only way Mazur wouldn't have rights to his pictures is if he was compensated by Lewisville ISD.

But Mazur says the district hasn't given him a dime.

The district's stance is that it's inappropriate for Mazur to take pictures of other students, using a school camera, when it's not a class project without their permission first.

In a statement, a Lewisville ISD spokesman says:

“Lewisville ISD's practice is if anyone attending a public district event takes photos using their own device from an area accessible to the public, the district would not interfere with those photos being posted to a third-party site.”
[....]
Photography may be all about interpretation, but Mazur believes through the lens of the law, his case is clear.

"I plan to go as much as I can, fight this as much as possible because I don't think they're right,” said Mazur.

The Mazurs say that Anthony is getting support from artists around the world who are using the hashtag, #IAmAnthony in solidarity.

The family is now appealing the school's decision to the Lewisville ISD school board.
[....]

“High school teenagers, they could be doing so much like, bad stuff, but here you have a kid who instead of doing mean things, he's promoting the school,” said Mazur.

Fuck that.

Its the schools place to help kids achieve success at all they do.

Not take a big steamy shit right in the middle of their parade.

@ Anthony Mazer, Way to go. I'm proud of you.

@ Lewisville school, Change professions, we don't need people like this teaching our future.

I bet he's taking pictures of girls volleyball games and selling pics of zoomed in, nothing to the imagination skin tight volleyball shorts under-age ass shots to pervos online.

And if he's not, he should look into that, prob quadruple his profits instantly.

http://www.fox4news.com/story/29487066/teen-photographer-claims-victory

Teen photographer claims victory in fight against Lewisville ISD

A Flower Mound teenager is claiming victory in his fight against the Lewisville ISD in an appeal that centered the on copyright of his photos he took at school events.

Anthony Mazur is putting his pictures back online and will be selling them -- any of them.
[....]
After numerous appeals by Mazur and his parents, the district issued a statement that read in part, "The Board granted and approved the parent's appeal and LISD's administrative directive to be set aside."

"I hope they don't change the policy,” said Mazur. “I think it was working perfectly as it is. Students are there to learn and to make and create things, and if that's their intellectual property that they worked hard to make, they should be able to do what they want with it.”

Photos from now on will be snapped with Mazur’s own camera, giving him nearly unlimited exposure.

His focus is on his new opportunities.

"The Fort Worth Vaqueros invited me out to take pictures,” said Mazur. “I'm currently talking about scheduling some assignments with Sports Illustrated. They reached out to me, so I think it's going well. I appreciate the support and the offers people have been giving me.”

The tricky part will be when Mazur goes back to school and juggling when to use the school's camera and when to use his own.

Mazur was told that the district may now be looking to change its policy that governs use of its equipment.
[....]

As a photog myself, I'm very happy about this...HOWEVER, I would also like to know more about that Headline that appears in the bottom of the photo above...now that's more like DD material.

Wow, that was fucked up. Poor woman escaped from that motherfucker only to be murdered later. What a domineering, controlling motherfucker. Glad he's gone but he should be suffering in jail.

If the fucking System hadn't let me out and kept him in fucking jail where he fucking belonged, lives would have been saved. Thanks again, System, for thinking criminals have more rights than their victims.

Worthless cocksuckers.

Back