• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Two former police officers were acquitted of all charges Monday in the 2011 beating death of a homeless man at a Fullerton, Calif., transit station.

It took a single day of deliberations for jurors to reach their verdicts regarding the roles played by former Fullerton Officer Manuel Ramos and former Cpl. Jay Cicinelli in the death of 37-year-old Kelly Thomas.

Ramos, the first police officer in Orange County to be charged with murder while on duty, was found not guilty of one count each of second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter. Cicinelli was found not guilty of one count each of involuntary manslaughter and excessive use of force.
[...]

Jurors were handed the case on Jan. 9 and entered into deliberations on Monday, hours before the verdict came down.

The trial included five weeks of testimony highlighted by a key piece of surveillance video and audio recordings from the night of July 5, 2011, when Kelly Thomas encountered officers as they investigated a report of someone trying to break into vehicles near the Fullerton Transportation Center.

The video shows the confrontation escalate to violence involving six officers and Thomas, who suffered from schizophrenia. Thomas could be seen on the ground crying out for his father nearly 30 times, apologizing and begging for air.

Thomas struggled with officers, but only because he "was just trying to survive," the district attorney told jurors, adding that Thomas was never informed of intent to arrest him.
[...]

Defense attorneys claimed Thomas was a violent, unpredictable man who was to blame for the altercation because he was combative and ignored officers’ orders.

The coroner's report determined Thomas died from chest compression during the struggle.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-by-Jury-in-Kelly-Thomas-Trial-239924741.html

I've been personally involved in this case from the beginning. Starting with the initial protests on through to current day. They're still waiting on possible Federal charges to be filed, but in the meantime Kelly's dad (Ron) has brought a Civil Case against the cops involved. There is a method to this and today was a victory. They have been denied immunity in having to testify in the Civil Case and what they say can be used as evidence in a Federal case. Great news!

the video was very clear of the murder. This is the 4th year anniversary of an individual that was murdered in Orange County caught on video by cops who had no fear of reprisal. I feel for his family but even with the video if his dad had not been retired from the sheriffs department it would never have been charged by the DA or prosecuted. The county has long allowed a level of corruption within law enforcement agencies be comparable with Mexico with a blanket immunity not just given to undercover agents but to their informants also as well as a blind eye to cases like this. As previously stated and proven one sheriffs dept moron that was proven to be behind the murder of an inmate who started a false rumor that he was a child molester wasn't charged but was dismissed only to sue for his pension and got it. Workers at Burger King are held at higher standards and behavior than law enforcement. When cases are proven they drag their heels, use the excuse of blanket black out of information and refusal to right the wrongs under fear of it effecting investigation, fear of harm to agents or informants or whatever mickey mouse excuse they decide to use as they seem to take fantasy and shape disneyland type fairytale stories as a reality to suit their means to get away with anything.
http://latest.com/2015/07/remembering-the-death-of-kelly-thomas-at-the-hands-of-the-lapd/

Seriously...it doesn't take six cops to take down a man of his size. This is local for me and stuff like this does not happen all the time. They must be really bored.

As far as excuses go...They must be really bored...isn't fucking good enough....Nope!

I'm sorry, perhaps I skimmed the article too quickly but I'm a bit confused. They were "acquitted of all charges"? How is that a win? Is it because now further action can be taken? I'm a little lost here.
Also...this was fucking murder. Abhorrent, atrocious, cold blooded killing. Just sayin.

I'm sorry, perhaps I skimmed the article too quickly but I'm a bit confused. They were "acquitted of all charges"? How is that a win? Is it because now further action can be taken? I'm a little lost here.
Also...this was fucking murder. Abhorrent, atrocious, cold blooded killing. Just sayin.
I think what the person meant was considering the county, any charges and prosecution was a start and yeah, they were acquitted because it was tried in the county and people were scared of convicting them for good reason, they didn't want to be terrorized and harassed or worse. No police brutality case should be tried in the same county imo. Also, for once, the feds stepped up and refused to give the cops immunity in testifying in a civil case which is a biggie for there [remember the story of the elderly lady that was assaulted by a bogus swat raid that they refused to charged the le and when she sued the judge claimed even with malicious intent they were immune? so the judge forced her to pay all the legal costs on top of the hundreds of thousands of dollars she was out in costly surgery to repair her arm/shoulder joints] It literally would take an immediate outside federal invasion and actions to get anything done about any case like this as well as mandatory prosecution for perjury and false or planted evidence in numerous cases along these lines or other such crimes that are worse

Yes, that was horrible. I can't recall her name but it was just one more instance of the terrible injustice that goes on all around us.

It makes way more sense with how you put it. somehow I wasn't grasping the same county thing. I'm very glad for no immunity, brava to that. I was wondering where/how that came into play if they were acquitted, but I totally understand now. Thanks!

ex-husband, a FULLERTON police officer had violated the custody agreement set forth by the court for their 5 year old daughter. The young lady was desperate for help, but the officer stated that he could not intervene in that matter that she would have to go back to court.

I know this is old as shit but this is the norm in a LOT of police offices/organizations. They don't like to fuck with or enforce custody agreements, they hate doing it. I don't know if it's born out of puure laziness, ineptitude, or simply an aversion to the hellish conflict that is involved(prob a mix of all of it), but it doesn't take some above the law, i got your back bullshit for cops to do stuff like this. They just let shit be and tell people to handle it through the court, ignoring the fact that there's laws on the books for custodial kidnapping and the like and it's their job to enforce court orders

Pretty disgusting these stormtroopers got the pass, not surprising in the slightest though.

Last edited:
I think the beating was was wrong VERY WRONG. I hope they are punished to the fullest extent that the law will allow!

Quite frankly I am appalled at the backlash on the Police in general. Are cops perfect? No, they are not! But to say/imply that all cops are bad is WRONG! Thats like saying all Muslims are terrorist or all Christians are fanatic right wingers. JMHO

Fast forward to 2015 AFTER Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown and others...

Fast forward to 2015 AFTER Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown and others...
What do those criminals have to do with this case? This poor person did not attack anyone unlike those criminals you're comparing him to, Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman defended himself against a deadly criminal attack proven in court of law. Brown attacked a store owner and then a cop and was shot by the cop in self-defense again proven in court

What do those criminals have to do with this case? This poor person did not attack anyone unlike those criminals you're comparing him to, Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman defended himself against a deadly criminal attack proven in court of law. Brown attacked a store owner and then a cop and was shot by the cop in self-defense again proven in court

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. If i were treyvon and a creepy dude was following me, I'd kick his ass too. Matter of fact, i was almost in the same situation where this creepy white man in florida was following me and i turned ready to fight. I guess i'm a criminal too, huh?

ETA: I suppose if the victim is BLACK, it makes it justifiable homicide?? GTFOH with that. You sound racist.

ETAA: I know you're not racist (or at least I think I know), but you sound biased ( i guess i do too) But those are just TWO examples. Did Eric Garner (NY)deserve to die for selling untaxed cigarettes? I could have SWORN NY outlawed police using a chokehold. Walter Scott (South Carolina)ran (which i'm not saying is right) but come on...8 shots??? Timothy Thomas (ohio) tried to run...again deadly force (i personally would have shot him in the leg or foot).

In 2012 alone, 313 AA men, women and children died at the hands of LE and vigilantes. Out of those, 136 were unarmed.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ck-person-is-killed-by-police-every-28-hours/

Were all of these people criminals too??? My gut says no. I have no criminal record. Have NEVER been in trouble, but I'm TERRIFIED of most LE (notice I said MOST...not all). I have had real live panic attacks just from the police being behind me in traffic. I'm licensed and FULLY insured, btw. I start shaking and get a lil dizzy and start sweating. Why? Because I'm a fairly young black woman in a new car. That ought not be!

So you cant sit here and tell me that police shoot blacks because they're criminals. That would make you a bold faced liar.

Last edited:
Thomas struggled with officers, but only because he "was just trying to survive," the district attorney told jurors, adding that Thomas was never informed of intent to arrest him.

Defense attorneys claimed Thomas was a violent, unpredictable man who was to blame for the altercation because he was combative and ignored officers’ orders.

Two former police officers were acquitted of all charges Monday in the 2011 beating death of a homeless man at a Fullerton, Calif., transit station.

The cops in THIS case claimed self-defense too!!!!! So you have SOOOO much sympathy for this "Poor man" but not the others????
The police in this case were acquitted in "court of law" TOO!!! Casey Anthony was innocent according to the "court of law" too. OJ Simpson didn't murder Nicole according to the "court of law"!!!! Your logic is SERIOUSLY flawed!!! Do you need to read about the case again??? OMG

Last edited:
I've said it before, and i'll say it again. If i were treyvon and a creepy dude was following me, I'd kick his ass too. Matter of fact, i was almost in the same situation where this creepy white man in florida was following me and i turned ready to fight. I guess i'm a criminal too, huh?

ETA: I suppose if the victim is BLACK, it makes it justifiable homicide?? GTFOH with that. You sound racist.

ETAA: I know you're not racist (or at least I think I know), but you sound biased ( i guess i do too) But those are just TWO examples. Did Eric Garner (NY)deserve to die for selling untaxed cigarettes? I could have SWORN NY outlawed police using a chokehold. Walter Scott (South Carolina)ran (which i'm not saying is right) but come on...8 shots??? Timothy Thomas (ohio) tried to run...again deadly force (i personally would have shot him in the leg or foot).

In 2012 alone, 313 AA men, women and children died at the hands of LE and vigilantes. Out of those, 136 were unarmed.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ck-person-is-killed-by-police-every-28-hours/

Were all of these people criminals too??? My gut says no. I have no criminal record. Have NEVER been in trouble, but I'm TERRIFIED of most LE (notice I said MOST...not all). I have had real live panic attacks just from the police being behind me in traffic. I'm licensed and FULLY insured, btw. I start shaking and get a lil dizzy and start sweating. Why? Because I'm a fairly young black woman in a new car. That ought not be!

So you cant sit here and tell me that police shoot blacks because they're criminals. That would make you a bold faced liar.
Yeah kicking ass really worked out well for Trevon, he could've just gone home but no he was going to kick some ass
Brown was definitely a dangerous criminal no question about it, lets stick to the post you mentioned and I responded to
and not go off on unrelated BS to try and make you right and me what I'm not
Since you brought it up, Gardner was an idiot, fighting with the cops over cigarettes and causing his own death, he doesn't resist arrest he lives pretty fucking simple thought process for most, cop wasn't looking for a fight just a simple arrest
As far as shooting leg or foot, you apparently know nothing about hitting a target, real life is not TV/movies, hitting a moving foot or leg is near impossible with a pistol as is cops hit the target once for every ten shots and that's shooting at center mass largest area available
If innocent deaths is your thing just check out Chicago over the 4th of July weekend
and no cop was involved Report: 82 shot, 14 fatally, over holiday weekend in Chicago

Last edited:
Yeah kicking ass really worked out well for Trevon, he could've just gone home but no he was going to kick some ass
Brown was definitely a dangerous criminal no question about it, lets stick to the post you mentioned and I responded to
and not go off on unrelated BS to try and make you right and me what I'm not
Since you brought it up, Gardner was an idiot, fighting with the cops over cigarettes and causing his own death, he doesn't resist arrest he lives pretty fucking simple thought process for most, cop wasn't looking for a fight just a simple arrest
As far as shooting leg or foot, you apparently know nothing about hitting a target, real life is not TV/movies, hitting a moving foot or leg is near impossible with a pistol as is cops hit the target once for every ten shots and that's shooting at center mass largest area available

As for Trayvon, he was TRYING to go home! In Gardner's case, what part of ILLEGAL choke hold did you NOT understand? By your logic, the man in the article was accused of being unpredictable and violent, so he deserved what he got. Yet you have sympathy for him. Why????

I take my earlier statement back. Maybe you ARE a racist.

As for Trayvon, he was TRYING to go home! In Gardner's case, what part of ILLEGAL choke hold did you NOT understand? By your logic, the man in the article was accused of being unpredictable and violent, so he deserved what he got. Yet you have sympathy for him. Why????

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019225/Kelly-Thomas-Police-beat-taser-gentle-mentally-ill-homeless-man-death.html#ixzz3fPdw4cCu
Follow us: @MailOnline on
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

The old racist BS, seems to always work for some

Deference is if you resist arrest or attack some one and you die you brought it on yourself
These cases aren't like the Oakland muni or the new York stairwell case where the cops shooting were idiots

Has nothing to do with race, this guy from what I read wasn't resisting, the others were aggressive

Though the video is not clear, eye witnesses say the homeless man - Kelly Thomas, 37 - was unable to put up any resistance and was lying on the ground on his front when the attack took place on July 5.

His screams and cries for his father can be heard amid the tasering noises.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019225/Kelly-Thomas-Police-beat-taser-gentle-mentally-ill-homeless-man-death.html#ixzz3fPdw4cCu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Trayvon was not a victim. He was on top of Mr. Zimmerman (who is brown, not white) beating him up. Mr. Zimmerman had every right under the law to defend himself and he did. End of story.

ETAA: I know you're not racist (or at least I think I know), but you sound biased ( i guess i do too) But those are just TWO examples. Did Eric Garner (NY)deserve to die for selling untaxed cigarettes? I could have SWORN NY outlawed police using a chokehold.

Eric Garner was not killed for selling untaxed cigarettes. He died because he had diabetes, asthma, heart disease, sleep apnea and was three-hundred pounds overweight. He was resisting arrest. He was arrested over thirty times in a thirty year period including charges of assault and grand larceny. He was a piece of shit.

I can sit here and tell you that police shoot blacks in disproportionate numbers in comparison to other ethnic groups precisely because the black population of the United States of America commits crimes in numbers that far exceed their percentage of the general population. The police don't seem to be gunning down hordes of Asians. Why is that?

Back