• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
ydmhf.jpg

The parents of a missing 6-month-old were questioned at the Sheriff's Office while search crews combed the countryside for the baby girl.

Matthew Graham woke up around 5 a.m. Thursday morning and found his daughter was not in her crib in his home on Noosha Lane in Happy Valley. He called authorities around 5:26 a.m. to report her missing. He said he last saw Ember in her crib at about 10:30 Wednesday night.

Family members said the girl has a seizure disorder and needs medication for it.

Graham's father, Wayne, said his son and Ember's mother, Jamie Lee Graham were married last August and Ember is their only child. Matthew lives in Happy Valley while Jamie Lee lives in Anderson. o_O

Both Grahams were questioned by authorities. Sheriff Bosenko said while neither one of them have been ruled out in the baby's disappearance, no one has been arrested.

Bosenko said the Child Abduction Response Team, or CART, has been activated.....However, an Amber Alert has not been issued.

"Suspicious circumstances surrounding the disappearance have led us to doubt the effectiveness of an Amber Alert," Bosenko said.

A news release from the Sheriff's Office Thursday evening said an Amber Alert has not been issued due to, "a lack of information needed to meet the criteria, such as a witness to the incident, a suspect, or a suspect vehicle."

Matthew's father, Wayne, said..."He's been great with her, " he said. "He has been nothing but patient with Ember. He hasn't shown anything but love and patience and wants the best for Ember."
http://m.krcrtv.com/sheriff-bosenko...-surround-disappearance-of-baby-girl/33971226

Me thinks Matt's dad protests too much.

Kids dead.

Yup. Funny, how all the dads described as 'patient' and 'loving' and 'wants the best for...' are the very ones whose children, coincidentally enough, end up murdered.

The fact Matt's dad volunteered the whole patience thing tells me he knew of times when Matt was less than patient.

Yeah... hate to say it, and I'll feel terrible if I'm wrong, but using the word "patient" so many times to describe his parenting is a red flag to me. Usually it's stuff like adore, cherish, would die for... but patient sounds like he was ready to flip his lid and was good at restraining it. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

"Estranged" wife? Was he caring for the little girl by himself? Mom was living 30 miles away.

Could have been dad, could have been an unsavory acquaintance of dad's. I will get down and kiss the ground in gratitude if this baby girl is ever seen alive again.

Shit. :(

Dad named a person of interest:

Matthew Graham has been named a person of interest in the case of his missing 6-month-old daughter, Ember Graham. However, authorities are also saying they have not ruled out that the little girl was abducted.

Shasta County Sheriff's would not elaborate on how Matthew may have been involved in Ember's disappearance but they did call the information he provided to them "inconsistent."

They also said those inconsistencieshave led them to move their search from the area around Matthew Graham's home on Noosha Lane to the area of Clear Creek Road from Cloverdale east to highway 273.

Matthew Graham reported Ember missing around 5:30 a.m. Thursday morning. Graham said he last saw his daughter in her crib around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Graham is being held in the Shasta County Jail on a probation violation.

His father has said he does not believe that his son would have done anything to hurt Ember.

I'll just bet if he's responsible, it's because he couldn't get her to sleep and he hurt her some horrendous kind of way, shaking, or just beating on her til....well we know til what happened.

She might have been kidnapped but it's not likely or logical that she was.

The mother is making statements about he couldn't have done anything to their child because he loves their child more than her, his wife, who he has been married to for less than a year and currently doesn't live with.:bored:

Darlin', being an estranged spouse is a pretty good sign of a bit of love lost. :wait:

Not exactly a reassuring statement out of Mom there...

Sigh. Dad's been changing details of his story to the cops. And according to the grandfather,

"Ember was really fussy so he was driving around to get her to calm down. I mean who hasn’t (driven around) with a baby in the car to get them to settle down because they fall asleep in cars, you know?”​

http://www.redding.com/news/local-n...after-he-is-named-person-of-interest_39675052

So the baby was very fussy and riding around with Dad the night she disappeared forever. Dammit.

All the relatives, including the mother, are standing behind the father at the moment, but how long can that last? I really hope they find what's left of Ember before all the evidentiary value is gone, although the temps have been high and she was only a small baby. :(

They have "surveillance footage" but won't elaborate.

Sheriff Tom Bosenko said given the time that has passed and the heat over the last five days, they are looking to recover the body of baby Ember to see if there's any "recoverable evidence there."

"We don't have any viable leads of where to look, so it's a little bit of a needle in a haystack search," Bosenko shared.

The Sheriff's Office has uncovered surveillance video in the case, but the Sheriff declined to comment on what the video shows or how it has helped their investigation.

The Sheriff said although Graham has not been charged in connection to the disappearance of Ember, their sites are squarely set on him as a person of interest.

"Matthew is still considered a person of interest and yes, recovering the body can provide in some cases, a lot of evidence value that would certainly help the case with prosecution. We are looking at a number of other charges that could also be brought against him as well," Bosenko stated in regards to Graham.

http://m.krcrtv.com/sheriff-missing-baby-ember-most-likely-not-alive/34025116

I read a link off of fb, sorry can't find it again, but the mother also mentions in her one sentence statement his patience with Ember. It was the only statement the article posted from her. . . . .
I think he lost all this said "patience" and his dad helped hide the her Lil body. He seems nervous like he maybe guilty too of something. . . . jmo

New information has led the police to a new search area. The link has more detail.

Investigators have cordoned off the area, and sheriff’s deputies have been assigned to keep an overnight watch. The search will resume in the same location early Saturday morning.

Earlier this week, Bosenko said his office would submit a case to the Shasta County District Attorney’s Office recommending charges against Graham “sometime soon.”

Asked how close his office is to submitting the case, Bosenko wasn’t so firm on a date. He said it will depend on what happens during this new search, though it would not change the charges his investigators were planning to recommend.

“We still have to do our part of the work and ensure a thorough and complete investigation,” he said.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/search-for-baby-ember-continues-today

Update: Dad is now on the lam and considered "armed and dangerous."

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/graham-on-the-lam-sheriff-says_71911643

A warrant was issued for Graham's arrest on a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm and for a felony violation of a probation order.

Matthew Graham disappeared himself Saturday with his mother’s gun and cash after he learned new information about Ember’s case, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said.

The 23-year-old Matthew Graham, of Happy Valley, didn’t report to probation Saturday as part of his sentence for violating the terms of his probation, Bosenko said at a 6 p.m. news conference.

Graham has been a person of interest in the disappearance of his 6-month-old daughter, Ember Skye Graham, since he reported her missing from his home on Noosha Lane on July 2.

At the press conference, Bosenko said Graham was considered “armed and dangerous” after he allegedly stole a semiautomatic Springfield XD pistol.

“Matthew has violated his probation. He is a felon in possession of a gun and should be considered armed and dangerous,” Bosenko said.

Anyone who sees him should call 911, the sheriff said.

According to a SHASCOM alert at 4:25 p.m. Saturday, Graham stole a gun and cash about 1:15 p.m. after learning new information about his daughter’s disappearance.

The new information was that a pacifier resembling Ember’s was found in the Ono area Friday, which brought the search there, Bosenko said.

A family member may have told him, Bosenko said.

Deputies had spoken with Ember’s mom about the new clue. They were in contact with Graham and said they wanted to speak with him further, Bosenko said. They also spoke with Graham’s mother about the new info. Shortly thereafter, Graham’s mother called and reported her gun, cell phone and cash stolen and Graham missing.

The pacifier will be put through DNA testing.

According to a Facebook post in the group “Find Baby Ember,” Ember’s mother is safe.

Bosenko blasted Shasta County Superior Court Judge Cara Beatty’s decision Thursday that Graham didn’t have to wear a GPS bracelet.

“The court made a bad decision in ordering Graham’s GPS to be removed and now the public is in danger,” Bosenko said.

Beatty had ruled that the bracelet was unwarranted as part of Graham’s plea of guilty to one charge of a violation of probation for forgery and misdemeanor DUI.

He was still required to report to probation daily, and until Saturday he made his appointments since his release from jail earlier in the week, Bosenko said.

Meanwhile, a disturbance took place at Mercy Medical Center in Redding between members of the family at 5:20 p.m. Saturday, Bosenko said. He didn’t have any additional details. The gathering, which initial reports said Graham had been involved in, sent the hospital into lockdown, he said. But Matthew Graham was not there.

* * *​

Matthew Graham has been named a person of interest in the case of his missing 6 month old daughter, Ember Graham. However, authorities are
also saying they have not ruled out that the little girl was abducted.

Everyone thought Elizabeth smart was dead...and that had a happy ending.
The police make mistakes and the police get tunnel vision and I hope they consider all options.
Tori Stafford was an eight year old girl right here close to home, who was abducted from her school, raped and murdered within hours of her abduction. The police refused to issue an amber alert...because her mother was a recovering addict and were convinced she was involved. Later when the woman involved (not Tories mother) confessed and gave details of the crime some of the officers cried...for themselves, and the mistake they had made...given the routes that they drove with the little girl in their vehicle, the man raping her the whole time...if they had issued the amber alert at the time of her disappearance its likely that she would have been seen and detected by other motorists and saved...but nope because these cops thought it was mom and were relentless in their assumption that they were correct.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._mcclintic_describes_killing_little_girl.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/woodstock-officer-breaks-down-at-rafferty-trial-1.779326

If this guy killed his baby he should burn...

I wonder if he threw the pacifier out the window of the truck after he tossed her body. Why would he stay put and not run until this clue came from Ono. Unless he knows its his baby girls. His parents are in serious denial. With all this going on...they keep a gun and cash within their son's reach.

I hope they find this little girls body before all evidence is gone. I know they will either catch him or find him dead somewhere.

I read a link off of fb, sorry can't find it again, but the mother also mentions in her one sentence statement his patience with Ember. It was the only statement the article posted from her. . . . .
I think he lost all this said "patience" and his dad helped hide the her Lil body. He seems nervous like he maybe guilty too of something. . . . jmo

I don't think his father helped. His father lives in Reno, which is 3 hours away. I think his father is just in denial that his son would do something like that.

I'll just bet if he's responsible, it's because he couldn't get her to sleep and he hurt her some horrendous kind of way, shaking, or just beating on her til....well we know til what happened.

She might have been kidnapped but it's not likely or logical that she was.

I don't think she was kidnapped either. His trailer was on a gated property that had guard dogs. The lock on his trailer door was also broke, to where someone would need a screw driver to open it from the outside, and would have had to have prior knowledge of this to successfully get into his trailer... AFTER they got into the gate and past the guard dogs. His statements were inconsistent also.

From @Lauralye 's link:

[...]

Authorities say they have surveillance video of Graham taking the child to a convenience store the night of her disappearance, according to KHSL. The station reports that Graham told them he took the baby to the store and then drove the short distance back to their home, but officials say the video shows him driving in the opposite direction of the home when he left the store, and heading back towards the home about an hour later.

Officials say Graham didn't show remorse for his daughter's disappearance, didn't ask about the efforts to find her, and refused to take a lie detector test, reports the station.

Investigators have also called an abduction scenario unlikely. They say the door leading to Ember's playpen had a broken door handle mechanism and needs be opened with a screwdriver, and a potential abductor would need to know how to open the door.

@Azryhael ... Thank you <3 i'm trying to learn how to do that with my phone.. Kinda like a old dog learning new tricks..:nana: Slow progress..

Now this is gonna drive me crazy until Ember is found. Her father did something to her. After a shootout that's obvious. But what? And where is she now......??

I wish to hell they'd kept him alive for interrogation. I also wish they'd kept him in custody after locking him up for parole violations after baby Ember disappeared :facepalm:. RIP baby Ember, hope they find your tiny mortal remains. :(

Shot by the police...coward...Couldn't have just taken the cash, the gun, got your yourself a quiet place and a nice meal and wrote a note and blew your own brains out...nope you have to make people agonize even after you're gone.

An hour the opposite direction...that's a place to look if its anything. Someone will notice the birds and they'll find her.

Last edited:
Back