• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
The first fatal attack by an alligator in nearly 200 years, and Darwin Award material (or maybe not, he has a twin). I feel sorry for the waitress who tried to warn him, she's clearly traumatized.

920x920_zps64qyxgsq.jpg

Photo: Facebook

Video here:
http://www.kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_vid_17003.shtml

sources:
http://www.newser.com/story/209308/swimmer-scoffs-at-gators-gets-killed-by-one.html
http://tinyurl.com/pv6xpph

The sign said: "No Swimming: Alligator." The waitress said: "Please do not go swimming, there's a bigger alligator out here, just please stay out of the water." The swimmer said: "F--- the alligators." And that's how Texas recorded its first alligator death in about two centuries yesterday, reports the Houston Chronicle and KFDM. It happened in Orange County near Louisiana when 28-year-old Tommie Woodward ignored all the warnings and jumped into the water at Burkart's Marina. A gator emerged from under the dock and got him almost immediately, the first such death in Texas since 1836, reports Lomi Kriel at the Chronicle.

"He went under one time, then he hollered at her to get out of the water," recalls owner Allen Burkart, referring to a friend of Woodward's who also jumped in. "Then he pulled him down the second time and that was it." Burkart himself had put up the sign recently after spotting the 12-foot gator in the water. Woodward disregarded the sign and the pleas from the staff at a marina burger shop. "He said blank the alligators and thereupon jumped into the water," the Orange County Justice of the Peace tells KFDM.​

Well look at the fucking guy, where's the story here :shrug:

Do you think he has a Confederate flag on his wall somewhere :wacky:

Can't muster even a little sympathy for this moron. Here's hoping he at least had the decency to remove his fucking car keys from his ear before jumping in, so that his lady friend didn't have to wait for them to recover parts to catch a ride home.

@BostonBurns - my money is on his Confederate flag being somewhere on his body, in home-done tat form. :rolleyes:

Fuck that sucks no one had a cellphone handy to collect video. Sounds awesome. He looks like the type of guy who would have something like this happen to him.

Did they recover his body or was he eaten?

I'd want to be eaten. If an animal is man enough to take me out, it should get a good meal out of it.

Fucker died brave. Let it be known, a monster alligator is what stopped him, not some bitch sign hammered into the bank by some fearful pussies. Motherfucker wanted to swim, so he said fuck the beast and swam. He went out on top as far as i'm, and anyone else should be, concerned. America. Texas.

Can't muster even a little sympathy for this moron. Here's hoping he at least had the decency to remove his fucking car keys from his ear before jumping in, so that his lady friend didn't have to wait for them to recover parts to catch a ride home.

@BostonBurns - my money is on his Confederate flag being somewhere on his body, in home-done tat form. :rolleyes:

For a minute there, I thought you were going to express concern for the alligator having to ingest the keys, and then pass them.

Poor 'gator.

Well, I hope they don't have to kill the gator because of one mans stupidity. I hate when people get attacked when being dumb and or ignorant which results in the death of the animal. So sad if they do. But as big as he is I'm sure it'll be making some nice ass boots someday.... I however prefer snake ones....but gator skin is still quite lovely.

For a minute there, I thought you were going to express concern for the alligator having to ingest the keys, and then pass them.

Poor 'gator.

Aww, man, didn't even think of that!! LOL

I guess I've always thought of gators kind of like sharks- able to eat large pieces of things (whole fish, boat parts, human limbs, etc.) without any ill effects. I don't know if that's actually true though, now that I'm pondering it. :shrug:

Why are we overlooking the fact that somewhere, there's an idiot female who followed him in. Really, the only thing she did to be the survivor is jump in second.

"He went under one time, then he hollered at her to get out of the water," recalls owner Allen Burkart, referring to a friend of Woodward's who also jumped in.

Fuck that sucks no one had a cellphone handy to collect video. Sounds awesome. He looks like the type of guy who would have something like this happen to him.

Did they recover his body or was he eaten?

I'd want to be eaten. If an animal is man enough to take me out, it should get a good meal out of it.

Fucker died brave. Let it be known, a monster alligator is what stopped him, not some bitch sign hammered into the bank by some fearful pussies. Motherfucker wanted to swim, so he said fuck the beast and swam. He went out on top as far as i'm, and anyone else should be, concerned. America. Texas.
I'm really torn on this post...I want to dislike it, but I don't.

I think he went out stupid. I absolutely know it's not his first stupid decision but it was his last. Girlfriend must be stupider than he was to follow that idiot into the water. To be respectful and to know that an alligator can eat and will eat you is being smart and respectful of it's power not fearful.

The Gulf coast is riddled with bayous that are full of gators. The bayous are littered with restaurants that often feature turtles, ducks, and such that you can throw bits of bread to. It wouldn't be unusual for a gator to be lurking around one. A place where there's a lot of food isn't a good place to take a dip in the bayou.

Hell, I know that and there's not a bayou within 300 miles of me. Stupid is as stupid does, you'd think if he'd been there more than, let's say, a day, he'd know better.

I wonder if, for even a microsecond, he had time to think, "Damn, I wish I hadn't done that," before losing consciousness to the gnawing of 'gator jaws.

before losing consciousness to the gnawing of 'gator jaws.

He likely would have drowned first.

Like a fucking badass.

Most of you folks will live long enough to watch your bodies slowly start to decay. Most of you will die of cancer or some other natural cause while sitting in a nursing home with no semblance of independence or while bored out of your mind rocking on your front porch watching the rest of the world actually live their lives around you. Many of you will grow old enough to succumb to the sad effects of senility in one of its many forms. You will feel your bodies break down, experience great pain, deal with the sadness and tragedy of aging and watching your fellow old friends and loved ones perish, slowly and painfully waiting for your own turn to cease to be. I myself am experiencing some of the above right now, it sucks.

This man said, "i live my life by my own terms, i don't let pansy fear ruin what could be a good time" and then he got eaten by a motherfucking dinosaur. That's pretty god damned cool.

Call it stupid all you want, but there's something to respect about this man and his death, tragic and unnecessary and avoidable as it was. I sincerely hope his family can come to think of it the way i do, at least on some level. It's horrific, it's moronic, but more than that it showcases somebody who had a zest for life and a ballsy approach to it that none of us could ever hope to compare to.

In all seriousness, God bless America, God bless Texas, and God bless Tommie Woodward. There's inspiration here.

Last edited:
This man said, "i live my life by my own terms, i don't let pansy fear ruin what could be a good time" and then he got eaten by a motherfucking dinosaur. That's pretty god damned cool.

I almost stopped reading after the first paragraph, but I'm glad I hung in there, because this bit made me snort-laugh.

.......I will never lose my keys again.......pure genius!

Well, the earring/key hanger part. Not the swimmy with alligators part. ;)

Hell, I know that and there's not a bayou within 300 miles of me. Stupid is as stupid does, you'd think if he'd been there more than, let's say, a day, he'd know better.

I know that too, and I live on another continent in another hemisphere. ;)

I like reptiles, and we get a few 'gator shows on the TV here.

The closest wild crocodile to me is ~2000km away, and that's cool with me.

.......I will never lose my keys again.......pure genius!

Well, the earring/key hanger part. Not the swimmy with alligators part. ;)

That's the lure. Gator kin eat redneck whenever he wants. Y'all gotta tease him. Give him something to attract his attention.

I agree with Jaq. Hardcore. Fuck you world. Man wanted a swim with a Gator.

That's the lure. Gator kin eat redneck whenever he wants. Y'all gotta tease him. Give him something to attract his attention.

I agree with Jaq. Hardcore. Fuck you world. Man wanted a swim with a Gator.
I disagree. Hard core is that Asian chick that committed suicide by throwing herself into the gator/crock pit at her local zoo. They demolished her body within minutes.
THAT is hard core...! The thread is around here somewhere....

He likely would have drowned first.

Like a fucking badass.

Most of you folks will live long enough to watch your bodies slowly start to decay. Most of you will die of cancer or some other natural cause while sitting in a nursing home with no semblance of independence or while bored out of your mind rocking on your front porch watching the rest of the world actually live their lives around you. Many of you will grow old enough to succumb to the sad effects of senility in one of its many forms. You will feel your bodies break down, experience great pain, deal with the sadness and tragedy of aging and watching your fellow old friends and loved ones perish, slowly and painfully waiting for your own turn to cease to be. I myself am experiencing some of the above right now, it sucks.

Jack is spot on here. One of the truest and harshest facts of human life now.

This guy went out like a true redneck, right after telling his last friend, "Hold my beer while you watch this"! I can respect the crocodile hunter , he knew the risks and prepared the best he could, this guy just jumped right in, Alligator, Smalligator, who cares! He's an idiot.

He's from Saint Louis. Well, he was.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_a809580d-bf93-56b9-be80-3f6a12b4bc85.html

Police said Woodward, who lived near the marina in Orange, was swimming with a woman, but Justice of the Peace Rodney Price told KFDM-TV in Beaumont that the woman only jumped from a dock after he screamed for help. The woman was not hurt.

Price said it appears Woodward was bitten soon after he jumped in.

A marina employee who knew Woodward told KFDM that he and his twin brother had recently moved to Texas.

A relative confirmed that Woodward grew up in Pacific and moved away several years ago to find work.

A Facebook tribute page includes photos of Woodward and a statement that he “loved fishing, swimming, camping, grilling .... Hardworking and helped people even if he had to give them the shirt off his back!”

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back