• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
... Police will have to wait until after the holiday weekend to find out if internal organs found in a Home Depot shopping cart Friday afternoon are from a human or an animal.

The organs, identified as a “possible heart and a possible liver,” were left in a shopping cart in the Home Depot parking lot. One of them was in a plastic shopping bag. One was not. ...

“There’s concern they might be human, so we shipped them to the Medical Examiner’s office in Holyoke,” West Springfield Police Detective Captain Daniel Spaulding told 22News. “We don’t believe they’re from a person...”

Captain Spaulding said investigators looked at surveillance video recordings, and searched the area. He described the situation as “more suspicious than criminal.”

Captain Spaulding expects the Medical Examiner’s office will make a determination of whether the organs are from an animal either Monday or Tuesday.
http://wwlp.com/2015/07/03/west-spr...te-internal-organs-in-home-depot-parking-lot/

Captain Spaulding, y'all. Just like the clown from House of 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects.
Can't make this shit up.
59sqo0.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: This is seriously weird. Even if they are from an animal, some sicko is still walking around amongst us. I sure as shit hope it's just some young dumb prankster that bought them at a butchershop and not a budding serial killer. :confused:

Between this and the "would you eat it" thread, my diet is going great! :depressed:

Somebody just playing a prank, a disgruntled employee trying to cause a stink? My guesses.

Hope it's far more nefarious though, i'm bored.

Had to wait for a cursory 'human vs. animal' ID til today or tomorrow, huh? Gee, their ME has it made. Ours (we have four) work 24/7/365/366. I'll bet if one of his/her/their family members happened to be missing at the time they'd at least come in long enough to determine the damned species. :rolleyes: Other than that, I'm with @Brenni . It's not that I'm a...er...um, a ghoul, or anything, you understand, I just, uh...well, it's just for Science! Yeah, that's it. :D

Back when I was a kid, one of my hobbies was special effects make-up. I created all sorts of things for my home-made horror movies, such as monster masks and severed body parts and stuff. One time, for fun, I created a rubber ear (made from a mold of my own ear), and then made it up to look like it had been ripped away from somebody's head. I left it in a parking lot to see if it would freak people out. Nobody noticed it while I was watching, and it never made the papers. :\

I also made Sasquatch feet and ran thru the snow one winter, hoping to make people think there was a bigfoot in the area. The cops actually came out to check on that one.

Sadly, I'm now older and don't do that shit anymore. But maybe I should.

No announcements yet, but another article posted yesterday cites the W. Springfield police saying the organs could be from a pig...or a child.

West Springfield Police believe these organs belonged to a pig, but because of the heart’s size – detectives say it could be those of a child.

“We're thinking that it could be a pig because Fourth of July, lots of pig roasts,” explains Chief Ronald Campurciani, of the West Springfield Police Department. “If it’s not a pig’s heart, then it’s from a child and that’s going to be very, very disturbing.”
http://www.wlox.com/story/29485710/...-organs-discovered-in-home-deport-parking-lot

Have the police investigated any employees? Ted, on Yelp, wrote about this Home Depot's customer service and I think he's on to something. o_O

Typical Home Depot. Watch out for the woman who does stock in the hardware section. She must have a demon. There is a good chance you will have your heart ripped out of your chest if you ask her a question! I end up shopping here anyway...
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-home-depot-west-springfield-2

Typical Home Depot. Watch out for the woman who does stock in the hardware section. She must have a demon. There is a good chance you will have your heart ripped out of your chest if you ask her a question! I end up shopping here anyway...

Hey, sounds like Ted needs to visit DD!

Because they are closely related.:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

The organs are actually very similar and of similar size. They used pigs to practice liver transplants in the nineties when I was at university, and if they ever manage to clone an animal to provide organs for xeno-transplants it will likely be a pig. (Obviously, they are now starting to worry that this could open the door to all sorts of illnesses jumping the species barrier, so I think the scientists' ardour for that has cooled somewhat.)

Back