• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I was searching around on this case and find an article that said that following the murder (his death has been classified as a homicide now) the mother was hospitalized for 4 days. That seems like a short hospital stay for the level of mental illness that her family is saying that she has.

I'm not saying that she can't be mentally ill, rather I'm just shocked at that brief of a stay. In other cases where a child has died at the hands of their mentally ill mother she has spent weeks, even months in the hospital. Four days just seems so short.

I guess they could have simply just got her mentally stabilized and called it good and sent her on her way, I don't know. Like I said I was just surprised she was only in the hospital for 4 days, that's all.

I'm guessing they shortened her stay due to her apparent sanity and to allow her to attend her child's funeral.

Also, is "hospitalized" the usual term whether or not it's a mental health issue? Or does the word "institutionalized" show up in mental health cases? It's possible she went to a medical hospital, to be treated for primarily medical / physical purposes, and released.

If she did indeed experience a psychotic episode, she needs meds and therapy ASAP, and maybe a trip to the local psych ward until she's functional again and the risk of recurrence is low.

Psychotic depression can involve these sort of detachment from reality episodes as part of the psychosis, and bipolar disorder is a far too common diagnosis when psychotic depression is the root cause (according to hearsay from psychiatrists and Internet BS - and my own opinion re: bipolar disorder, and my own experience re: psychotic depression).

I don't know a ton about dehydration but if this little one was already dehydrated and sick when she put him in the swing, is it possible he was lethargic and did not cry? How long would it take for dehydration to affect a small child?

Maybe he was already duying when they arrived and the cold just "finished it off".

Such a sad story with so much to be confused about.

is "hospitalized" the usual term whether or not it's a mental health issue? Or does the word "institutionalized" show up in mental health cases?
Rarely is the term "institutionalized" used anymore. It has actually come to take on the same derogatory undertones as the term "retard" anymore. I remember a time when both of those terms were used frequently as descriptors with no negative meaning associated with them.

On occasion you do hear "institutionalized" for someone who has been placed in long-term, usually locked down, psychiatric care (think state hospital) but for what she would have been hospitalized for, even though mental health issues, her stay was still short enough to not be referred to in a way other than simply a hospitalization.

Ya know, @Nell we all have people on these boards that we disagree with from time to time. Is calling people a "cunt" and telling them to "fuck off" really the way to go about it?

Yeah but 40 some hours? Wtf man. Do we really stare at our phones that much now?"
Yes. We DO stare at our phones that much. It's extremely depressing. In literally every way. The zombie apocalypse is upon us. :hungry:

LOL! So @mobiusclimber, this is purely my conjecture here, but from the few months I've been on DD I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that @JackBurton has a bit of a reputation for pushing the envelope around here. ;) I also know @Nell is never afraid to speak her mind. So I'll have to let them tell me if I'm off the mark, but I'm guessing it's at least in part funny taunting more than straight up hostility. Like I said, could be wrong, just throwing it out there. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to get a "fuck off" just for saying that. Besides, even if it is bad blood, it's still funny.

I do love all the personalities around here... It's never dull. :)

Last edited:
LOL! So @mobiusclimber, this is purely my conjecture here, but from the few months I've been on DD I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that @JackBurton has a bit of a reputation for pushing the envelope around here. ;) I also know @Nell is never afraid to speak her mind. So I'll have to let them tell me if I'm off the mark, but I'm guessing it's at least in part funny taunting more than straight up hostility. Like I said, could be wrong, just throwing it out there. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to get a "fuck off" just for saying that. Besides, even if it is bad blood, it's still funny.

I do love all the personalities around here... It's never dull. :)

Fuck off. ;)

lol... choked laughing at yall...
on another note i have been semi obsessed with this story and i'm still waiting for more to come out
pushing him in a swing for so long is just bizarre

You all are too funny. I get a kick out of all the personalities around here too lol. You are all so damn entertaining...I keep coming back for more!!

Back to topic...I believe mom will be charged at some point. I wonder what the delay is.

Back