• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
zvlax.jpg

RALEIGH, North Carolina — Officials in North Carolina have issued an Amber Alert for 15-year-old Iyana Shabre Ross.

The teen girl was last seen leaving her home in Bladenboro on Sunday, and is considered an endangered juvenile.

Police say Ross left her home by crawling through a window.

CNN affiliate WSPA reports police believe Iyana was picked up and abducted by an unknown person.

“Her mother began to receive threatening text messages and photos showing what would happen to her,” according to WSPA.

Iyana is described as 5’3” tall, 130 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and a purple tank top.
http://breaking911.com/amber-alert-...er-receiving-threatening-text-messages-share/
Pretty limited info out so far, but I didn't think they would issue an amber alert unless they had reason to believe it was an abduction. A few sources are calling her 'in extreme danger'.

Maybe I'm just totally jaded..
.. but it sounds like another kid being a fuckin asshole. :shrug:
I honestly hope so ...

Hmm. While guidelines for issuing vary from state to state, I really can't see how this qualifies for an Amber Alert by even the loosest of standards. Typically, an AA requires the strong suspicion of abduction by either a known person or an unknown person whose vehicle description is available. The entire point of an Amber is to alert citizens to be on the lookout for the suspect and/or vehicle.

A runaway teen just doesn't fit the criteria. Something reeks, here.

I wonder if Iyana crawled out the window to sneak out or to escape someone in the home. LE has to have proof of some kind that she did not just sneak out and run off of her own accord. Curious to know more.

And I don't think you can get text messages from a blocked number. So they should be able to trace and track that cell phone used to send her mamma messages. Or at least find from where they were sent. Technology is too advanced for this to be an Amber Alert without vehicle description, right? Hopefully they already have a suspect in mind I guess is what I'm saying....

RALEIGH, N.C. -
North Carolina officials have canceled a day-long Amber Alert after a 15-year-old female considered endangered was found Tuesday.

Back