• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
2di1qqc.jpg

The human remains that washed up in recent weeks at Dolphin Cove Marina have been identified as a North Charleston man who was suspected late last year of pushing a co-worker off a bridge and then jumping in after him.

DNA testing confirms that the torso and leg of McCoy Wright, 30, were recovered from the marina located in the Charleston Neck area, according to Charleston County Deputy Coroner Brittany Martin.

Charleston police received a call about the torso about 8 p.m. Tuesday. A worker found the leg at the marina June 13.

Joshua D. Brown, a construction crew member, told North Charleston police officers in September that his co-worker threw him over the side of the Gen. William C. Westmoreland Bridge, according to police records.

Brown tried to hang on to the bridge’s concrete, but he said Wright pried his hands free. He survived the 35-foot drop into the Ashley River without serious injury, but Wright was still missing after following Brown into the water.

Wright had been in a construction site accident a week before he went missing and had afterward told family members that his co-workers were conspiring to get him fired, according to a previous artice in The Post and Courier.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150701/PC16/150709896/1005&

. ETA: I'm guessing he wasn't a strong swimmer.[/QUOTE said:
That's always been the going consensus ;)

but seriously, why did he go after him after he shoved him off the bridge? I can only imagine he saw the other guys ride to the river and decided it looked fun??

Sounds like this guy had some anger management issues. I mean, pushing somebody off a bridge...maybe it's a good thing he didn't survive; eventually, he may have succeeded at killing someone.

Why would his body be in pieces from jumping off a bridge? Even a boat propeller isn't going to fillet the guy as much as he was.

I can understand a body being damaged/maimed from boat propellers or hitting limbs or other obstructions in a fast moving current, but i wouldn't expect the body to be completely dismembered like his appears to be. They only found a torso and a leg? Fishy as shit. That doesn't sound like someone who merely fell off a bridge and drowned.

What do we have regarding this coworker/bridge story outside of this coworkers words? I don't buy it.

Nine months in the water in the deep south, and they found remains that weren't skeletal? I'd have guessed the crawdads alone would have picked him clean in the first couple of months. Yeah, I'd like to know if anyone else saw this go down.

I'd think alligators would consume the entire body. Plus it shouldn't be difficult to tell if the appendage/torso/etc. was dismembered due to animal attack, would have other damage that would point towards that.

Alligators roll and attempt to break up anything that large. They definitely wouldn't be trying to choke down a whole human.

Double ewwwwwwwwww
And now, to add smell-o-vision to your mental images! There's no other smell in the world that rivals the stench of a long-term floater, and trust me, I've smelled a lot of awful things. It's a gassy, putrid reek that lodges straight in your brain, and it's virtually impossible to get rid of.

Last edited:
And now, to add smell-o-vision to your mental images! There's no other smell in the world that rivals the stench of a long-term floater, and trust me, I've smelled a lot of awful things. It's a gassy, putrid reek that lodges straight in your brain, and it's virtually impossible to get rid of.

Thankfully, I havent had anything to eat today...otherwise it would have been a waste lol. Why would you say such horrible things??? I thought you like me! lol

Thankfully, I havent had anything to eat today...otherwise it would have been a waste lol. Why would you say such horrible things??? I thought you like me! lol
I do. I wanted you to have an accurate mental picture of the scene of body bits discovery. I'm also helping you obtain the ability to stomach anything that I have.

I've read that bout "recent" floaters, is it the same months and months later? Inquiring minds and all... :)
Floaters are weird when it comes to stink. They're horrible, then slightly better, and then the last super-brief phase before skeletonisation is epically awful as the bits fall off and rotting goop forms a skin around them in the water.

My experience is with pond or relatively still-water floaters, though. Ocean floaters decompose a bit differently because of tides, larger wildlife, and assorted shit like that.

Last edited:
Thanks! I had no idea about the rotting goop forming a skin around them. That fascinates me for some reason. Not that I want to get near enough to a floater to see for myself or anything, I just like learning new things. :bookworm:
It's pretty vile. And you have to scoop up as much of that viscous goo as possible since it's technically human remains. Usually, we're allowed to strain the recovered "smelly jelly" and only bury/cremate any solids, but every once in a while someone will insist that nothing potentially of their relative's be washed down the drain, so (according to one of my mortuary profs; I've never actually seen or done this) occasionally a casket will be buried with jars of goo inside.

Alligators roll and attempt to break up anything that large. They definitely wouldn't be trying to choke down a whole human.

Who the fuck suggested they swallow humans whole?

They don't just tear shit apart and leave it, they do that so they can consume it.

[...] but every once in a while someone will insist that nothing potentially of their relative's be washed down the drain, so (according to one of my mortuary profs; I've never actually seen or done this) occasionally a casket will be buried with jars of goo inside.

I can only imagine what archaeologists of the future are going to make of such a burial.....

Back