• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Makes me wanna drive right the fuck over there and beat the living shit out of them. And, yes, I'd pick you up on the way so you could help. :)
Can u pick up a few cartons of chocolate milk on your way?
I'll give u gas money....

These bitches need to die. Especially the "mother". Taunting her in the hospital? I hope they kicked her out -_- These starvation cases are the hardest for me to read. I hate thinking about my little ones being hungry. I couldn't fathom hearing their cries while I happily eat my own food.

I hate thinking about my little ones being hungry. I couldn't fathom hearing their cries while I happily eat my own food.

I think about this when I let the kids play outside past their usual supper time, and inevitably one melts down with hunger and cries hysterically until I can whisk them inside and feed them. How anyone can ignore the cries of a hungry child is just plain fucking evil.

@Forensicwx ...I was hoping you could answer this... Are inmates ever punished by Not allowing them to have commissary ..I think in cases like this where a guardian/parent starve kids that (Even though this is not near enough punishment) they should have to be in jail day after day watching others eat/use commissary.. Let them live with what they did with a child ..but they will still get 3 meals a day because the criminal has more rights than innocent kids..

This is such a small thing compared to what they did to a child.. but I'm curious ..

@amac ..I'm packed and ready..

@Forensicwx ...I was hoping you could answer this... Are inmates ever punished by Not allowing them to have commissary ..I think in cases like this where a guardian/parent starve kids that (Even though this is not near enough punishment) they should have to be in jail day after day watching others eat/use commissary.. Let them live with what they did with a child ..but they will still get 3 meals a day because the criminal has more rights than innocent kids..

This is such a small thing compared to what they did to a child.. but I'm curious ..

@amac ..I'm packed and ready..
Trust me @Lauralye, I completely understand your emotional response to a case like this. Revenge like that would be nice.

Inmates do lose privileges. If they go to segregation, they lose everything. In general population, minor infractions can result in loss of things like visits and commissary, those are up to the disciplinary board.

Guards have no control over those things. Once someone comes to the facility, the crime no longer matters, they're all treated the same (with a few exceptions of course).

The only punishments happen for rules they break after they've arrived.

Hey-o!

I happened to come upon an update on this case & just thought I'd drop it in here for y'all to see, if you're interested. :)

Turns out, aside from being shit parents who full-on starve one child and punish another by occasionally withholding food, the Bartons are "average" people-- not the fuck up, drug addicted lowlifes who are living off of the government like we expect(ed) them to be. I don't know about the husband, but the wife, in particular, didn't want the little girl to grow up to be obese, and she (Mrs. Barton) had that concern bc the child's birth mother was 6' tall and over 400 lbs. (Sorry, Mrs. Barton, you can't deny linebacker genes. Embrace that shit.) Whether he believed that would happen or not doesn't matter since Mr. Barton was a participant in the whole thing anyway. Additionally, the Bartons had the two adopted children, then she gave birth to a bio kid, and at the time of the article I'm about to attach, she was pregnant again with bio kid #2. I kinda want to smack her in her stupid twat head and scream at her "hey, asshole! You wanted a child so badly, and you were able to adopt one- why would you hurt it? If you didn't like the looks of the birth mom, you should've waited until your next opportunity you sick, greedy whore!" (I don't advocate adoptive parents picking and choosing which child(ren) they adopt- I was being sarcastic.)

Anyway! That link! They've pleaded guilty. :)
http://www.westword.com/news/katie-...ng-adopted-child-with-heavy-birth-mom-6857547

No! You're not allowed to talk to her! Leave her alone you pervert!
alright lets do this.... jakey poo she sounded hungry in other posts... chill out no need to pee on her leg .. mark your territory another way ...

Who the fucking fuck, can look at ANY hungry child and not race off to feed them?!

I know. I often think about how many kids are hungry even in my neighborhood alone. I'd go feed them all if I knew, honestly. Not even a joke. I might be the biggest prick on here, but I would literally go and feed these kids no questions asked. I have a big heart as misguided as I can be.

I remember being hungry as a kid and in no way was I underfed. I can't imagine these kids not knowing when they are going to eat next. I could write up a whole novel on this... it fucking kills me. Especially how cheap mcdonalds is or something unhealthy like that. I could go buy a dozen bacon mcdoubles and a bunch of fries and they'd be sooooooooooo happy and it'd only be like 20 bucks!

I fucking LOVED mcDonalds when I was a kid! Now I hate it and just eat it when I'm on the go and it grosses me out. It would be so awesome to have a known route of underfed kids in the neighborhood and just pop by with food... I don't wanna even say hello- never mind hang out. Lol I'm not a creep like Michael Jackson. Just the smile and I'm on my way knowing that kid is eating something.

My kid fucking loves McDonalds already... He calls it Donalds lol!
[doublepost=1481691595,1481689928][/doublepost]
alright lets do this.... jakey poo she sounded hungry in other posts... chill out no need to pee on her leg .. mark your territory another way ...

Was it that obvious? And don't ever call me jakey poo! You couldn't even capitalize the "j" which is insulting in its own rite.

I will accept asshole, crack head, douche bag, weasel, fuck head, dumb shit, crazy pants, psycho, crazy person, dickhead, racist, bigot, intolerable, dipshit, shithead, ugly, stupid, idiot, moron, asshat, clown, pussy, and last but not least... Pedro.

Sometimes you may even find me to be all of the above. On those special occasions I encourage you to be creative. Combine some. Like you stupid ugly intolerable clown pussy! You get more points for being creative and using a combination that I've never seen before. That can be tricky.

Where was I? Oh that's right! Don't ever fucking call me jakey poo again. That will just make me flip my lid! Lid will be flipped! Just imagine if my lid had two distinct sides like a quarter... and one side had heads... and the other side had tails. You follow? Okay lets pretend. Okay well now imagine that the side up on my lid was heads... well if you call me jakey poo again... that side up will be tails. You don't want that. Nobody wants that.

2a5x28p.gif

I know. I often think about how many kids are hungry even in my neighborhood alone. I'd go feed them all if I knew, honestly. Not even a joke. I might be the biggest prick on here, but I would literally go and feed these kids no questions asked. I have a big heart as misguided as I can be.

I remember being hungry as a kid and in no way was I underfed. I can't imagine these kids not knowing when they are going to eat next. I could write up a whole novel on this... it fucking kills me. Especially how cheap mcdonalds is or something unhealthy like that. I could go buy a dozen bacon mcdoubles and a bunch of fries and they'd be sooooooooooo happy and it'd only be like 20 bucks!

I fucking LOVED mcDonalds when I was a kid! Now I hate it and just eat it when I'm on the go and it grosses me out. It would be so awesome to have a known route of underfed kids in the neighborhood and just pop by with food... I don't wanna even say hello- never mind hang out. Lol I'm not a creep like Michael Jackson. Just the smile and I'm on my way knowing that kid is eating something.

My kid fucking loves McDonalds already... He calls it Donalds lol!
[doublepost=1481691595,1481689928][/doublepost]

Was it that obvious? And don't ever call me jakey poo! You couldn't even capitalize the "j" which is insulting in its own rite.

I will accept asshole, crack head, douche bag, weasel, fuck head, dumb shit, crazy pants, psycho, crazy person, dickhead, racist, bigot, intolerable, dipshit, shithead, ugly, stupid, idiot, moron, asshat, clown, pussy, and last but not least... Pedro.

Sometimes you may even find me to be all of the above. On those special occasions I encourage you to be creative. Combine some. Like you stupid ugly intolerable clown pussy! You get more points for being creative and using a combination that I've never seen before. That can be tricky.

Where was I? Oh that's right! Don't ever fucking call me jakey poo again. That will just make me flip my lid! Lid will be flipped! Just imagine if my lid had two distinct sides like a quarter... and one side had heads... and the other side had tails. You follow? Okay lets pretend. Okay well now imagine that the side up on my lid was heads... well if you call me jakey poo again... that side up will be tails. You don't want that. Nobody wants that.

2a5x28p.gif

oh jakey jakey jakey ... you and youure obscure references to waynes movies

Katie Barton Pleads Guilty to Starving Adopted Child With Heavy Birth Mom
Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 5:40 a.m.
By Michael Roberts

Update: Last year, Evergreen resident Katherine "Katie" Barton and her husband, Jason Barton, were arrested and charged with abusing their six-year-old adoptive daughter, whose weight fell to a shocking 27 pounds under their care — and at a subsequent court hearing, Katie was accused of withholding food from the girl and making her walk laps in the driveway despite her emaciated condition for fear that she'd balloon to the size of her overweight birth mother. Coverage from June 30, 2015, and December 14, 2015, has been incorporated in this post.

Now, both Bartons have pleaded guilty in the case and face substantial jail sentences.

At the time of our original report, the Facebook pages of Evergreen resident Katherine "Katie" Barton and her husband, Jason Barton, could hardly have looked more typical.

The posts and photo galleries were dominated by pics of three adorable children (two adopted, one biological), who looked happy in all the shots that appeared.

But authorities became concerned about the kids' welfare in 2015, according to Katie's arrest affidavit, on view below.

The first alert to possible problems came in a June 1 report to Jeffco human services from someone alarmed about the girl's weight. The girl "was not allowed to have any birthday cake" at a recent party "while the other children were able to eat cake and other food items," the document states.

Then, on June 10, the Bartons took the six-year-old to the hospital for analysis. The couple said she hadn't gained any weight for approximately two years.

They also characterized her as "out of control" and not a social child — and said "they must keep locks on the refrigerator and pantry because [she] constantly eats and will not stop."
Katie told investigators she was doing all she could to figure out what was wrong with the girl, employing "a psychologist, a social worker, geneticist and an endocrinologist."

She also said she pulled the girl out of kindergarten — something else mentioned in the human-services report — because the girl began to exhibit "significant changes" in behavior, including food hoarding and shutting down when people asked her questions. She hinted that the girl might be autistic.

Meanwhile, staffers at the hospital noticed some odd behavior on Katie's part, such as pushing the girl's hand away when she tried to eat, claiming to be "in charge of the food" and even drinking a container of chocolate milk in front of her daughter in a manner that personnel saw as taunting.

As for Jason, he told investigators that when the girl misbehaved, she was made to "walk 'laps' up and down their driveway."

Among her sins — trying to take and eat food.

Medical staffers didn't see the girl act in the ways Katie described, the affidavit allows, and while in the hospital, she began to gain weight — a good thing, given that she's described in the report as looking like a concentration-camp victim.

During a later interview, the Bartons expressed regrets for their actions in this passage: "Jason stated that he and Katie were 'jackasses' for withholding meals from [the girl] and Katie said if they needed to, she would sign papers to have [the girl] placed somewhere to get the help she needed."

The six-year-old and her two siblings, who showed no signs of abuse, were put under the care of Jefferson County social services. (A second biological child, born in September 2015, two months after the Bartons' arrest, was also placed in state custody.) For their parts, Katie and Jason were charged with child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury — and while they were able to bond out of jail, a December 3 hearing made it clear that their legal troubles weren't over.

At the hearing, a detective reportedly testified that food was withheld as punishment against the couple's four-year-old as well as the six-year-old.

He also confirmed Katie's fears that the girl was autistic — although doctors found no evidence of the condition — and provided a new motive for her concerns about the girl's weight. The pair supposedly wanted to prevent the child from winding up like her birth mother, who was described as standing six feet in height and weighing 400 pounds.

This week, the Bartons entered guilty pleas to child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury.

Look below to see the booking photos of Katie and Jason and Katie's arrest affidavit.

katherine.barton.mug.shot.jpg

Katherine "Katie" Barton.

jason.barton.mug.shot.jpg

Last edited:
Hope when they r in prison the inmates steal there food on the daily...then they complain to the guards and the guards just laugh at them! That would be amazing
Bastards!

Back