• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
r94jrq.jpg

Marcos Ortega hit a pedestrian while driving in Ocean Township, N.J., and continued driving with the victim stuck to his windshield.​
A New Jersey driver is facing DUI charges after he hit a pedestrian and then continued driving for more than a mile with him hanging out of his windshield
[....]
Marcos Ortega, 33, allegedly struck Kenneth Moeller, 61, as he was driving north on Route 9 in Ocean Township on Monday evening
[...]
Instead of stopping to check if Moeller was alright, the Little Egg Harbor resident is accused of carrying on with his journey for more than a mile and a half.
[...]
finally stopped by a patrol officer after cops received reports of an "erratic driver."

He “observed a person halfway through the vehicle's windshield," the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office said
[...]
Moeller, of Lanoka Harbor, was taken to Jersey Shore University Medical Center where he remains in a critical condition.

Ortega was arrested and charged with leaving the scene of a crash and causing serious bodily injury to another while driving under the influence.

He is currently being held on $150,000 bail
[..]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...edestrian-continues-driving-article-1.2009370

Police: Man kept driving with pedestrian stuck in windshield
http://6abc.com/news/police-man-kept-driving-with-pedestrian-stuck-in-windshield/392640/

My computer is retarded today, first it posted that one twice and then when I edited one to say dupe, it did that and erased the other completely.

Stupid technology!

It requires a lot of force to put someone through a windshield. I hit a drunk idiot trying to beat my car across the road in the middle of the night once going 35mph... dented my hood and broke my windshield with his head, but still bounced off in a heap of broken stupidity...

I can't imagine how fast my car would have to be going to get impaled by a human being.

He was making sure that poor guy got home after being in such a horrific accident without charging him any gas money out of the goodness of his heart. HERE I'LL HELP YOU.........;) :blackeye:

holy crap! i remember watching a movie a true story about the nurse assistant who hit a homeless guy he went thru her windshield and she drove home and left him in the windshield parked in her garage and he died. how cruel and scary!

It requires a lot of force to put someone through a windshield. I hit a drunk idiot trying to beat my car across the road in the middle of the night once going 35mph... dented my hood and broke my windshield with his head, but still bounced off in a heap of broken stupidity...

I can't imagine how fast my car would have to be going to get impaled by a human being.

That sounds terrifying...I hit a crane (bird) once...actually it flew into he side of my truck..those things are really ugly up close...like a skinny dinosaur.

holy crap! i remember watching a movie a true story about the nurse assistant who hit a homeless guy he went thru her windshield and she drove home and left him in the windshield parked in her garage and he died. how cruel and scary!

I remember reading that right here...tru story

There was a story on here where the driver hit a man & the man said something like, "Hello there, I'm the man you hit with your car." Which I always imagined in an English accent & kind of made me laugh.

This sort of thing seems to happen a lot... maybe as much as wood chipper deaths.

I remember that too! The lady was on a bunch of ecstasy, so she was afraid of getting in trouble for that more than she was having a dying man stuck in her car

...I hit a crane (bird) once
I got a turkey though the windshield of my pickup once. Ended up in the back seat with little pieces of glass all around me. When I called Geico to report it, they asked me if the damage was bigger than a dollar bill? I asked him if he had even seen a turkey smaller than a dollar bill?

I remember that too. It was a true case, but I think it was featured on Law & Order.

I just looked it up. Both CSI and Law and Order based episodes off of the case. Ugh. She went in her garage and apologized but did nothing to help. It took him 2 to 3 days to die, and she was caught when she laughed about it to friends at a party. Wtf?!

Last edited:
FYI, the victim had to be seriously hurt to take him for treatment in a different county. There are at least four hospitals that are closer than Jersey Shore.

And route 9 is a well-lit, really busy road.

Marcos Ortega, 33, allegedly struck Kenneth Moeller, 61, as he was driving north on Route 9 in Ocean Township on Monday evening
[...]
Instead of stopping to check if Moeller was alright, the Little Egg Harbor resident is accused of carrying on with his journey for more than a mile and a half.
[...]
finally stopped by a patrol officer after cops received reports of an "erratic driver."

Reports of erratic driving.............no mention of a person stuck in the windshield???
Are you kidding?!

Amputee, 61, dies after horror crash where 'drunk driver smashed into him and kept driving for a mile and a half with him stuck in the windshield'
  • Kenneth Moeller, 61, was run down in Ocean Township, New Jersey
  • Marcos Ortega, 33, is accused of smashing into him and not stopping
  • Police pulled him over, allegedly a mile and a half later
  • Meoller had leg amputated in hospital in unsuccessful bid to save him
  • Pronounced dead in hospital last night
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...odged-cars-windshield-died.html#ixzz3JUT1OIe9

The movie is Stuart Gordon's STUCK. If you can't stomach gore (or the thought that it pretty closely mirrors the true case), avoid it.

The original (?) incident reported here is, I believe, from 2004, Georgia, twenty-something young lady with a trendy name. In her case, the man died stuck through her windshield, and she paid her boyfriend and some of his friends to dispose of the body. She said she didn't think anyone would miss him because he looked homeless.

Moral of the story: ask your vagrant friend to be your designated driver. There's much less chance of you going to jail.

Isn't the first time I've heard of this kind of thing and it really terrifies me that people can be this callous, stupid, self-serving and just plain F-ed up! Does anyone remember a similar case where a female driver hit a man and drove all the way home with him stuck to her car? She knew he was alive and when she got home she pulled into the garage, told him "sorry", turned off the light and went to bed to let him just die there. That is a special kind of sick!!!!

Back