• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Oblunder is one of the greatest racebaiters of all time, Want to talk national racial violence, you have to look at the great racebaiters, Oblunder, Eric gun Smuggler to cartels Holder, Advisor to Oblunder Sharptongue and finally Jesse the Jackass
Stop being among the 10% of worshiping ass kissers still watching the Oblunder channel MSNBC and broaden you're perspective of reality

If you aren't going to share your drugs with the rest of us, don't expect us to understand what you're saying when you type stuff like this. LOL Seriously, if you hadn't crapped on all my posts in this thread, I would have thought this was brilliant satire. I don't even know who half the people in your post are supposed to be!
rofl.gif

Am I in the twilight zone? I do not see conspiracies anywhere; I see violent hate-filled people doing hateful things because they are hate-filled nuts.
When I was a kid it was fluoride in the water; a commie conspiracy to kill us all!

You are turning a tragedy into POLITICS? You really think the administration has nothing better to do than plan murders and disasters? Geeze, they ain't that bright...damn fools can't even pass a trade bill! Get off the government conspiracy wagon and take your meds.
i'm sorry, but i can't look at shit like plumm island, the monsanto protection act and HAARP and say the U.S. administration isn't up to some shady fucking shit.

i'm sorry, but i can't look at shit like plumm island, the monsanto protection act and HAARP and say the U.S. administration isn't up to some shady fucking shit.

There always have been and likely always will be conspiracies going on. Most of them are successful enough that you won't hear about them until thirty years later when Freedom of Information forces a redacted release of a few pages of documents. Unless a Snowden comes along and leaks something, or the conspiracy ends in disaster, you'll never know about it. But I think most conspiracy theories are plants to distract you away from what's really going on. Fake moon landings and birther movements are only the wool used to cover your eyes.

What makes me really sad is that this happened in a church. Those are supposed to be places of peace, fellowship, and refuge. And this guy goes in and kills a bunch of innocent people.

Why is it always black churches that get this? If any place should be a safe, no-racism zone, it should be a church. Brothers and sisters in Christ and all that. I keep thinking of those church bombings and fires and whatnot, in the 1960s. Has someone rewound time and forgotten to tell us? I thought we'd had a civil rights movement.

No, it's not always black churches, that get hit. Small town, white churches just don't make national news.
http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/3183507-74/michael-police-church#axzz3djECHMmR
Police said Michael, 44, loaded his pickup with weapons, fired at Juniata Valley Gospel Church across from his home, then entered and killed church volunteer Kimberly A. Scott, 58, of Duncansville.

Michael then gunned down two of his neighbors, Ken Lynn, 60, and Lynn's son-in-law, William “Bill” Rhodes Jr., 38. Each victim died of a single gunshot.

“We still have no idea at this point” what set Michael off, said Trooper David McGarvey, a state police spokesman in Hollidaysburg, Blair County. “All that we know is that two of his victims are neighbors.”

Michael died in a shootout with three state troopers, police said. ...
Read more: http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/3183507-74/michael-police-church#ixzz3djF03QIu
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

There always have been and likely always will be conspiracies going on. Most of them are successful enough that you won't hear about them until thirty years later when Freedom of Information forces a redacted release of a few pages of documents. Unless a Snowden comes along and leaks something, or the conspiracy ends in disaster, you'll never know about it. But I think most conspiracy theories are plants to distract you away from what's really going on. Fake moon landings and birther movements are only the wool used to cover your eyes.
i couldn't agree more. take things like the FEMA camp episode of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. for a 'BANNED' episode, SOMEONE sure doesn't mind if we watch it right on youtube. but other things, like hidden camera videos showing Whole Foods employees lying to customers saying shit like oh no all our food is non GMO, preservative and additive free... that shit got pulled real fucking quick. (besides, anyone who believes an entire grocery store can be full of food with zero preservatives is batshit imho. it's just not possible when the food yr buying isn't local. and 'natural' or 'all natural' doesn't mean shit nowadays.)

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread on this. Attacks on war memorials always get to me, though, especially today being Father's Day.
Anyway, I'll just link:
http://news.yahoo.com/charleston-confederate-statue-graffiti-black-lives-matter-184427816.html

Also, please note the proportion of the flag everyone wants removed at the SC state house. It's not even as tall as the monument it stands with.
http://www.sciway.net/sc-photos/richland-county/sc-state-house.html

You can read the inscription on the monument here:
http://www.civilwaralbum.com/misc2/columbia3a.htm
and if you press the back button on that page you can see the other sides.

The fact is, the majority of us are either unprejudiced or actively suppressing the racist tendencies that we had to wade through growing up. The fact is, the majority is mourning for those nine dead. The majority sees them as fellow humans.

But it's the racist, ass*** minority that is loud and harsh and occasionally shoots people. They don't represent the average American. We tell them they do not speak for us every time we treat people the same regardless of race, every time we check ourselves when racist assumptions pop into our heads simply because we've heard them so often, every time we go out of our comfort zone to interact with people whose cultures are unfamiliar to us.

The average American chooses not to be racist, because they do not want to be racist, because they know it's wrong to hate your fellow humans.

But that doesn't stop the minority. That doesn't stop a town from excluding black teens from the prom, or a cop from shooting a black guy who wasn't doing him any harm; it doesn't stop individuals and small groups and sometimes pretty large groups; it doesn't stop racist traditions and subconscious things like thinking "Joe" is more employable than "Jose"...

With all of that, we just have to hang tight and support each other and refuse to leave anybody behind. There are always going to be evil people like the man who shot up that church. We need to defy them and say, "It doesn't matter what you do, or who you shoot. I am going to care about my fellow human beings, and I am going to make my little corner of the world equally welcoming to everyone in it. And there's nothing you can do about it."

Last edited:
Interesting update—his cousin is claiming Roof started going over the edge two years ago when he lost in love to a young black man.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/dylann-roof-raged-black-guy-girl-report-article-1.2266378

Racist mass murder suspect Dylann Roof began his hate-fueled descent when he lost at love, according to a report.

The 21-year-old white bigot who confessed to gunning down nine African-American parishioners at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, S.C., bore a grudge when a girl didn’t choose him, his cousin told The Intercept news website on Thursday.

The alleged hate-fueled killer “kind of went over the edge when a girl he liked starting dating a black guy two years back,” Scott Roof said.

“Dylann liked her. The black guy got her. He changed. I don’t know if we would be here if not,” he added. Roof then trailed off and hung up the phone, according to the publication.

The alleged shooter’s cousin had also mentioned “that white power music stuff” as contributing to his frame of mind.

Roof didn’t mention any girls in his own rambling 2,500-word declaration, which he posted online only hours before the brutal act played out Wednesday night.

But the admission on his lovelorn past may cast further light on how Roof apparently latched on to racial hatred in an effort to salve his professed scars. The church shaken by actual wounds re-opened Sunday to an outpouring of grief as the white supremacist sat in his jail cell awaiting trial.

If you aren't going to share your drugs with the rest of us, don't expect us to understand what you're saying when you type stuff like this. LOL Seriously, if you hadn't crapped on all my posts in this thread, I would have thought this was brilliant satire. I don't even know who half the people in your post are supposed to be!
rofl.gif

[/QUOTE]
Of course, it's a woman's fault! That is usually the next thing I assume right after Obama. :wacky:

gatekeeper said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The ignorant can be educated - stupidity is an informed decision.

mobiousclimber

You were a dick to buffetgirl when she asked to take this to pms. Not cool. That bitch is wicked smart, you should read her posts and not scoff so much.

Also paragraphs, get you some.

I don't really have much to contribute other than this kid went to the same high school my son currently attends and there were news trucks camped out there for days. It was ridiculous. The kid hadn't attended there since his freshman year...plus, school is out so there's no-one to talk to.

Also, I'm sick of hearing about the flag. The only thing it reminds me of is that trailer trash use it for curtains.

Interview with a close friend of Dylann Roof:

I think that's the same guy he had been drinking with the week prior. Claims Roof was talking about shooting up a school and so he hid the gun from him.
ETA: he might say that in the video, I couldn't watch it. ;)

I think that's the same guy he had been drinking with the week prior. Claims Roof was talking about shooting up a school and so he hid the gun from him.
ETA: he might say that in the video, I couldn't watch it.

He was a drinking buddy & close friend, he gave the gun to Roof's mom. Also, Roof's original target, according to the friend, was the Univ. of Charleston. The security may be what changed Roof's mind as to the target.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ing-funds-postponed-wedding-article-1.2279232

Take it for what you will. Personally I find it incredibly poor taste (to put it mildly) for his sister to be grubbing for money to "rebuild" her life after having to cancel her wedding. Go to the JP darlin' if you really want to get married. As for to addition of honeymoon plans :finger:, lots of couples don't get elaborate honeymoons, deal with it.

But I tend to be a cold-hearted bitch soooo...:shrug:

Article on the failure that allowed Roof to purchase a gun despite having admitted to a drug possession crime.

For those who haven't filled out background check forms there is a question that asks you if you use drugs, if you check "yes", you don't get a gun. If you check "no" but have possession charges it's supposed to show up on the check and you can't buy a gun and also get arrested for lying on the form.

Roof's background check was flagged as "delayed pending" meaning that more information was to be gathered (through the Instant Check System) for 3 days. Now after that 3 days if the check isn't updated the seller has 2 options:
1. Continue to wait for the check to be completed, or,
2. Proceed with the sale.

In Roof's case the shop sold the gun to him. Can I tell you how stupid and irresponsible I find that? Goddamn it, I do checks, I sign those papers. Even being a small shop, we do NOT sell until PICS gives us the all clear, EVER, we don't give a fuck. If you don't like it then go elsewhere, someone's blood isn't going to be on my hands because I didn't take every precaution I could.

I am 100% for gun ownership, I have many but the fact is that while I believe in the right to bear arms I also believe that you can lose that right. Roof had clearly violated the law and therefore could not purchase a gun as a result. While it is still possible that even if they waited he would have still passed and got the gun, the fact is we will never know.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/1...n-check-breakdown-allowed-dylann-roof-to-buy/

For those who haven't filled out background check forms there is a question that asks you if you use drugs, if you check "yes", you don't get a gun. If you check "no" but have possession charges it's supposed to show up on the check and you can't buy a gun and also get arrested for lying on the form.
So, if someone has a misdemeanor possession charge from 20 years ago, that means that person lied when they said they weren't currently on drugs? That doesn't make sense.
I thought the no-no was the fact that this guy had a felony possession charge.

So, if someone has a misdemeanor possession charge from 20 years ago, that means that person lied when they said they weren't currently on drugs? That doesn't make sense
My apologies, I was ranting with that post and wasn't being clear so much as just ranting and raving.

The rub with Roof's form is the time of his admission of guilt to when he purchased the gun, a matter of months. Years and checking "no" wouldn't be lying but for him the two are still close enough together to be a problem.

I'll use myself as an example- I have 3 and 1/2 years clean and am allowed to check "no" but 3 years ago I couldn't do that, technically I would have had to be honest about my addiction. Now that example only goes so far because I have no arrests of any kind and that's where Roof is different, he was caught and admitted to the possession which in the eyes of the check system makes him a drug user.

Will he be charged with lying on the form? Nah, there's no point. At this point the State has bigger fish to fry.

For someone with an old possession charge, they shouldn't be able to pass a check, no matter how long ago the charge/conviction was. Roof's purchase of the gun is just one giant fuck-up. He should have never passed a check, his possession admission was recent enough to classify him as a drug user and the shop sold the gun without the check running fully, which while they had the right to do is just bad practice for reasons like this, it can put guns in the wrong hands.

I worked for my husband's family gunshop about 10 years ago and if we didn't get a clean BG check it was a no-go. Any kind of pending was a no for us. Even if the guy said I can get one right over there, but I want yours, it was still no. My Father in law was an up tight asshole but in this instance he was right. He wanted no trouble from the feds, he could care less whether he sold that particular gun or not, someone else would be along in minute who was clean. I don't understand flouting all the rules just to sell a gun (or anything) It's really not that hard to follow the rules.

I worked for my husband's family gunshop about 10 years ago and if we didn't get a clean BG check it was a no-go. Any kind of pending was a no for us.
Same for us. I've looked at my boss and told him point-blank that I will NOT under any circumstances sign my name for a sale without the all clear from the PICS people. No way, not happening. My boss agreed 100%.

Gag order hearing coming up.
"Judge says pre-trial publicity could harm Roof's right to a fair trial"

55a79fad1300002b00939d49.jpeg

CHARLESTON, S.C., July 16 (Reuters) - The suspected gunman in the slaying of nine people at a historic black church in Charleston last month is expected in court on Thursday when a judge will hear a media challenge to a ban on the release of documents in the case.

Dylann Roof, 21, was arrested a day after the killings and charged with nine counts of murder in what authorities say was a racially motivated massacre.

The South Carolina Press Association is challenging a decision by Ninth Circuit Judge J.C. Nicholson last week to issue a gag order on potential trial participants as well as banning the release of documents in the case, including 911 police dispatch calls, coroner's reports and witness statements.

Nicholson said he issued the order "due to substantial pre-trial publicity" that could jeopardize Roof's right to a fair trial.

The press association argues the public has a right to know about the case and that the judge's order is too broad.

Thursday will be Roof's first appearance in court since a magistrate's bond hearing June 19, in which he appeared by video standing in a nearby holding room and victims' family members expressed their grief and forgiveness of him.

Indictments will be issued at the hearing, a court official said, but it is not known whether Roof will enter a plea on Thursday.

A grand jury indicted Roof on nine murder charges in the June 17 killings of Bible study members atCharleston's Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal church including its pastor, the Rev. Clementa Pinckney, also a state senator.

Roof was also indicted on three counts of attempted murder and the use of a firearm during the violent crime of murder. He also faces possible federal hate crime charges.

After the murders a website linked to Roof surfaced containing a racist manifesto and showing him in photos posing with Confederate flags, a banner from the American Civil War widely considered a symbol of slavery.

South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley and national leaders called for the flag to be removed from the state capitol grounds in Columbia where it had flown for more than 50 years.

After several days of lengthy legislative debate the flag was lowered on Friday before a cheering crowd of thousands and taken to a museum.

25 pic slideshow of Charleston shooting footage at link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/suspected-charleston-gunman-dylann-roof-to-appear-at-gag-order-hearing_55a79d15e4b0896514d06093?utm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black+Voices&section=black-voices&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000047

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back