• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I am a Over the top worrier .. Especially since I lost my oldest in 2005... I know I get on my kids nerves ..hell I get on my OWN nerves at times... Anyway I have had to learn how to calm myself down ..NOT EASY .. But 1 of the things I will say to myself to help calm myself is. ..I have lost 1 child .. Most parents never have the horror of knowing how it feels to bury their child..what are the odds of me losing another.. There's NO WAY it could happen again..( of course I know it can) but I'm holding onto the hope that its a very small percentage... But anyway reading this article and than knowing they had already lost a child before.. Just puts my fears in high drive.. I've barely survived my first nightmare ..I don't think I can make it through a second <3:(:shrug::pout:

I am at a loss of words. I can't show you the love right now, but am loving and hugging you here instead.
I cannot imagine the agony of losing a child. It was once my biggest fear. I say was once, ONLY because my son losing me scares me more.
I am sorry for your loss and am glad that you are working through your haze of anxiety.(that u mentioned in my comment on another thread..)

I read that Carly had an older brother, who died in an accident at age 5, after being hit by a car. She died on what would've been his 15th birthday. :(
Jeesus! I lost one child and can't fathom losing another one of my kids. Please no! I really hope these parents are not responsible for their daughters death. She is a little old for getting fouled up in the blinds. I will keep reading.

I'm so sorry about your loss, Lauralye.
I don't think you can reasonably compare yourself to these parents, though. So many parents get away with murdering their children because it is a crime that usually happens behind closed doors with few adult witnesses other than complicit ones. If the police are going after these parents, the evidence against them is probably overwhelming.
This is not likely to turn out to be a case of two precious children torn from their parents' loving arms. Perhaps losing the first one was too much for their minds to handle and they became monsters, or perhaps it will turn out that the accident 15 years ago was always considered not quite suspicious enough to justify bringing charges.
I am sorry for you loss! I also lost my daughter and that's the one thing that scares the life outta of me. I know a woman who lost her son in a car accident and her daughter a year later to a car accident. She now is raising her daughters son. The babies Dad was killed in a car accident coming home from his best friends funeral who happened to be the first child killed in the car accident and the father of the little boys whose mother who was killed in a car accident. That is 3 young adults killed and a baby left without his Mummy, his Daddy and his Uncle. I don't sleep very well. That was very hard to type.

I am a Over the top worrier .. Especially since I lost my oldest in 2005... I know I get on my kids nerves ..hell I get on my OWN nerves at times... Anyway I have had to learn how to calm myself down ..NOT EASY .. But 1 of the things I will say to myself to help calm myself is. ..I have lost 1 child .. Most parents never have the horror of knowing how it feels to bury their child..what are the odds of me losing another.. There's NO WAY it could happen again..( of course I know it can) but I'm holding onto the hope that its a very small percentage... But anyway reading this article and than knowing they had already lost a child before.. Just puts my fears in high drive.. I've barely survived my first nightmare ..I don't think I can make it through a second <3:(:shrug::pout:
Just writing about this has tears streaming down my face. I am so sorry Lauralye!

I am sorry for you loss! I also lost my daughter and that's the one thing that scares the life outta of me. I know a woman who lost her son in a car accident and her daughter a year later to a car accident. She now is raising her daughters son. The babies Dad was killed in a car accident coming home from his best friends funeral who happened to be the first child killed in the car accident and the father of the little boys whose mother who was killed in a car accident. That is 3 young adults killed and a baby left without his Mummy, his Daddy and his Uncle. I don't sleep very well. That was very hard to type.

Thank you . and I'm sorry for your loss my heart goes out to you.. It breaks my heart when ever another parent is thrown into this nightmare and has to learn how to live through it..
People say the pain lessons over time.. LIES ..LIES.. .. They obviously have not lost a child.. And i pray they never do ..The intense pain is always there.. BUT.. . you slowly learn how to control it.. And I have 2 kids that are grown now and they absolutely saved me..

Im sorry for your friend as well...I can't and NEVER want to know how it feels to lose 2.
And what a blessing to have a grand baby from her child , what a strong women to step up and raise him.. I would love to have had one from mine...I do have 4 from my youngest though..

Thanks again for thinking of me ..i can't tell you how good it feels when someone does this ... Although I think you do know <3
I hope you start sleeping better.. I Love sleeping .. In my dreams I get to see my son and that fills my heart with joy..
If you EVER need someone to talk..vent.. Cry.. Whatever your feeling ..I'm here .. Don't be shy .. You Can pm Me as well.. BIG HUGS..<3

Last edited:
You just know this was staged because there was cords around her neck....when investigators were on the scene. No parent worth their salt would leave any kid they loved with a rope around their neck....NOPE. Never tried to save her....never thought I should move this rope and start CPR.
took the words out of my mouth yes wouldnt the parents of taken the cords off as soon as they found her? I would have that doesnt make sense, it sounds like the cords were left on to stage an accident to me.

i wonder what it is they think they will find? it has been sometime, and with strangulation, i would not think there would be much more than the evidence on the body?

i wonder what it is they think they will find? it has been sometime, and with strangulation, i would not think there would be much more than the evidence on the body?

My hunch is that it was a run on technology--computer, cell phones. I'm in the area & hear some buzz.

My hunch is that it was a run on technology--computer, cell phones. I'm in the area & hear some buzz.
I was just thinking about this case yesterday.
Your choice of words and dangling of the hook makes me wonder what the details are.
Internet searches about accidental deaths involving blinds?
I can't wait to learn more.
Thanks for keeping us up to date on the current situation. :)

Damn..I wish the cops would decide something... When this case came out i thought strongly that it could he accidental ...but once i heard no one removed the blind string from around her neck .. My gut said NO ACCIDENT..

I would hate for the
person/persons to get away with murder just because they can't prove which one did it.. Both her parents had a responsibility to protect her.. They know exactly what happened.

Damn..I wish the cops would decide something... When this case came out i thought strongly that it could he accidental ...but once i heard no one removed the blind string from around her neck .. My gut said NO ACCIDENT..

I would hate for the
person/persons to get away with murder just because they can't prove which one did it.. Both her parents had a responsibility to protect her.. They know exactly what happened.

Trust me. Living here and having kids in the same circles is enough to make you chew your nails down wondering what will happen. It's been really tense and awkward for three months now. (No, I don't think my worries in this compare to the loss of this beautiful child) BUT, the idea that there is someone lurking and going unprosecuted is painful.

In this case, no news doesn't feel like good news. I'm really hoping that the fact that the police went back to their house (on a day that the community pool was closed, I'm sure so there'd be less traffic on the street) that it means they are finally onto something. Mostly, I just want justice for Carly.

I never thought about the string still being around her neck.. I don't care if I common sense tells me my child is dead . my heart would have made me rip it off and someone would have had to literally pull me away to get me to stop CPR.. Uugghh the thought gives me chills ..
My hope for this to be a accident is starting to dwindle..:pout:<3

This made me think a bit. Actually its the words "rip it off" that are making me think the most. As a person suffocates there body panics and struggles. If she was so caught up in this cod enough to suffocate wouldn't the blinds have been ripped down as she struggled to breathe?

I have blinds in my home. Some time as I yank them down just pulling too hard to open them.

This made me think a bit. Actually its the words "rip it off" that are making me think the most. As a person suffocates there body panics and struggles. If she was so caught up in this cod enough to suffocate wouldn't the blinds have been ripped down as she struggled to breathe?

I have blinds in my home. Some time as I yank them down just pulling too hard to open them.
She may have ripped them down tho.....it said she was lying on her bed, also weird cause you'd think with a struggle fierce enough it would have perhaps caused her to be half on half off the bed in a distorted way....but the parents could have easily pulled her down blinds in all and laid her on the bed or like most assumptions her body was poorly posed to make it look accidental.

But I totally agree. I hate my blinds when I pull the cord to close them. The fall....then I gotta get the stool out to put em up again...

Last edited:
I've definitely thought about her weight & the possibility that they were pulled down. Regular plastic mini blinds are really lightweight. Even the plastic fake wood & wooden 2" blinds are much heavier. Maybe I'm just thinking they'd stay fixed because of the heavier brackets that come with them.

I've heard several people have comments about a detail in the first news reports that the 911 call came around 9 am. A standard reaction seems to be: what 4 year old sleeps until 9? And if your 4 year old was still sleeping, you'd check on them, right? So, we know the call came in at 9am, but we don't know:
A) how long dad waited before calling.
B) where mom was.
C) an estimated time of death.

So many questions...

She may have ripped them down tho.....it said she was lying on her bed, also weird cause you'd think with a struggle fierce enough it would have perhaps caused her to be half on half off the bed in a distorted way....but the parents could have easily pulled her down blinds in all and laid her on the bed or like most assumptions her body was poorly posed to make it look accidental.

But I totally agree. I hate my blinds when I pull the cord to close them. The fall....then I gotta get the stool out to put em up again...
even those tiny inch long plastic brackets on the right and left and the fake piece of plastic blind you are supposed to use with the tacky tape do not stop me when they hang up. granted, i am an angry 36year old. however, that is me just trying to get them up and down. someone murdered this child.

however, to be fair, march 22 2015 was a sunday. but even if they were used to the older children waking up for school, they should have realized there was something odd with her not waking up as well. hell, i like to sleep as long as i can. normally kids just don't let you.

however, to be fair, march 22 2015 was a sunday. but even if they were used to the older children waking up for school, they should have realized there was something odd with her not waking up as well. hell, i like to sleep as long as i can. normally kids just don't let you.

I hear you. I do. But, Carly was in school M-F at the same place as the other kids, so... Idk. I just wish we knew more about the time of death relative to 911 call.

I hear you. I do. But, Carly was in school M-F at the same place as the other kids, so... Idk. I just wish we knew more about the time of death relative to 911 call.
agreed. apparently they are keeping it pretty hush, (nor do i blame them). however, i am nosey, and damnit, i wanna know what THEY know!

My kids always got me up at daylight 7 days a week, but my sisters kids would sleep half the day, of course her's stayed up most of the night and mine had a bedtime, might be the difference there.

As I continue to mull this all over with no news, I stumbled across this light (haha!) reading. Maybe something will stick out to someone.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1988699-overview

This is where I got stuck: "Some homicidal asphyxial deaths, including suffocation and strangulation, can occur in the absence of demonstrable injuries. The determination of cause and manner of death in such cases can be very problematic and may come down to considering and judging the reliability of witness accounts and/or observations and/or a perpetrator confession."

It was declared a homicide, so obviously something turned up in the study. Looking at that passage, I wonder if it's something to do with "reliability of witnesses"??

As I continue to mull this all over with no news, I stumbled across this light (haha!) reading. Maybe something will stick out to someone.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1988699-overview

This is where I got stuck: "Some homicidal asphyxial deaths, including suffocation and strangulation, can occur in the absence of demonstrable injuries. The determination of cause and manner of death in such cases can be very problematic and may come down to considering and judging the reliability of witness accounts and/or observations and/or a perpetrator confession."

It was declared a homicide, so obviously something turned up in the study. Looking at that passage, I wonder if it's something to do with "reliability of witnesses"??

So I am thinking the reason they suspect a homicide is because there were no strangulation ligature marks on her neck, maybe not even a bit of burn, and i know for a fact those cords can burn when wrapped and pulled tightly against the skin and leave a bit of a Mark like a skinned mark.

Also isn't 9 a little late to be starting to get kids up and ready for church? Aren't morning services usually early?

@bigmtn and @Lauralye... my heart is breaking for you. Reading those experiences made me cry. I'm so sorry you and everyone else with similar experiences ever had to endure that.

Also isn't 9 a little late to be starting to get kids up and ready for church? Aren't morning services usually early?

We go to church some Sundays because my daughter likes Sunday School. I just sit in class with her but anyways, we don't have to get up until 10. Its across the street almost from us. But service don't even start til 11. And that's the only service on Sundays at the church. And I live about 10 minutes from downtown Tacoma. So I don't think its too unrealistic the time frame if it was a church day. Js

A fair point that made me go back through the original news article telling of the death. It says the father went to wake her at 9 for church...but their church (as listed in obituary) lists their only service as being 9am, so...unless there's an unlisted service or Sunday school, the timeline doesn't work.

As someone stated earlier, this type of death happens about every 2 weeks, and it can, and has, happen to a child up to 8 years old. For more information about this type of accidental death you can go to this website: http://parentsforwindowblindsafety.org/ I lost a granddaughter this way back in 2006. She was at her daycare and was 1 1/2 years old. Some children survive this type of strangulation, but are left with severe brain damage. These deaths occur in seconds, and in some cases in a room where others are present. Cords kill kids. In my opinion this was an accidental death and the investigators are not going to find anything. I pray for a resolution for this poor family so they can be reunited and begin to heal together.

@Jan Davis I am sorry for your loss. However this story isn't of an accidental death. Investigators already seem to have a hunch about what really happened. Thanks for the information tho. Most of us are quite aware that this kind of accidents to occur with small children and blind cords are dangerous. Although the parents didn't do so well covering their asses when they staged this "accidental death". IMO this was definetly a murder. Again, I'm sorry about your loss and wish you and your family well in the healing process.

I've thought about the two preceding posts a lot, and I think it's important to note (irrespective of feelings) that according to the GBI autopsy, the classification of the child's death is homicide. This (according to GBI) specifically precludes the possibility of accidental death.

My heart goes out to families who lose children for any reason, and it only takes parenting long enough to realize that the blessings you have can slip through your fingers in a moment. That said, the GBI has several options when determining COD. The fact that it was not listed as undetermined or accidental. This is not about LE or the DA. This is per the medical examiner based on findings from the autopsy, scene, etc...

Just trying to provide some context.

I agree, they said murder for a reason and I'm sure we'll find out what they suspect specifically in the near future.

Back